Weekly Gardenbirder's 52 for 2021

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
Yes
Starting with an image of the now famous Kelpies, taken on our local walk, a 5.3m loop on New Years's Day, 2021.

Nearby 52 (1 of 1).JPG

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi @gardenbirder ...

I've seen many pics of the Kelpies before but not with the nearby canal and pathways.

I seem to have included the nearby word, must be on theme ;)

Fuji Dave

Teacher's Pet
Name
FUJI SON
Edit My Images
No
Like David said I too have seen many images of the Kelpies but never like this shot, really is a lovely image with the canal in view.

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
No
I've seen many pics of the Kelpies before but not with the nearby canal and pathways.
lol, me too! I like the inclusion of the life going on around the subject. Looks like the horse is sniffing the clouds... Is it me or is the horizon tilting slightly up on the right?

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Looks great. Our annual Scotland photography trip was to include this at Easter but as with most things last year - cancelled :(

Name
Helen
Edit My Images
No
Agree with the rest.. nice take on the kelpies. They almost look like they've been cloned into the shot...

OP
G
Name
Michael
Edit My Images
Yes
Wow! Thanks for all the positive feedback, great start to thew New Year :) I've tried to get the horizon right on this crop :)

Kelpies 52 no tilt (1 of 1).JPG

OP
G
Name
Michael
Edit My Images
Yes
Is it too late to reference Christmas? Some frosted berries and ice droplets reflecting the sunlight from our walk this morning. I called it 'jingle berries'.

jingle berries 52 (1 of 1).JPG

Last edited:
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Yep - nice winter feel.

OP
G
Name
Michael
Edit My Images
Yes
Not been able to get out, for obvious reasons, so relying on a stock image this week, of the refinery at Grangemouth from a few winters back. How i miss heading out when the snow is on the hills, looking forward to getting our freedom back sometime soon!

Dirty (1 of 1).JPG

Last edited:
Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
Loads of muck being put into the sky no doubt.
Lovely wintry colours and feel to the photo, but it looks like it's not level

Pete

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Great shot and very much on brief. Agree with the above though, horizons slightly off ?

OP
G
Name
Michael
Edit My Images
Yes
thanks for the feedback, i think it's straightened here anyway?

Last edited:
Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Lovely shot with lovely balanced complimentary colours throughout

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Nice mucky shot - would look great in mono as there's not a lot of colour there anyway.

Name
Heather
Edit My Images
Yes
Beautifully balanced shot, excellent composition and the colours in the sky are fab. I agree with Dave, and wonder what it would be like in mono.