George's 52 for 2019 - Week 20 - Snappers Choice

Three lovely images Georgina!
Entrance: Great mono and I love the detail in the stone textures.
Young: Lovely shot with nice detail and a cheeky pose, and I like the placement of the yellow shrubs in the foreground and background.
Food: Such a vibrant image, great colours and details. I'll go with milk....although I do like a nice lamb dinner however!
Nice work Georgina!(y)

Food, great picture, I was thinking leg of lamb! Perfect spring light and colours

Sheep - not baaaaaad at all :)

Three lovely images Georgina!
Entrance: Great mono and I love the detail in the stone textures.
Young: Lovely shot with nice detail and a cheeky pose, and I like the placement of the yellow shrubs in the foreground and background.
Food: Such a vibrant image, great colours and details. I'll go with milk....although I do like a nice lamb dinner however!
Nice work Georgina!(y)
Lovely image for food Georgina, I will go for milk.
Food, great picture, I was thinking leg of lamb! Perfect spring light and colours
Sheep - not baaaaaad at all :)
lovely picture of the sheep

Thanks Chaps :D Have to say it would be the lamb dinner for me. Bit hard to say that when they look so cute but they do taste so good :eek:

ENTRANCE - suits the mono, and there are some good textures to be had.
YOUNG - As you say, so cute. Great capture there.
FOOD - once again, well-spotted. I agree with carl about the soft lighting. Looks great.

I'll take the mutton and the spring lamb :)

Lovely bright, Spring image. Nice framing and I like the way the mother is giving you that special paternal stare

Georgina, Young & SOOC just soo cute ! I like how it’s looking straight at you. The oof yellow on the bushes just adds something

Wonderful image, I love the soft light around the edges of their wool.
ENTRANCE - suits the mono, and there are some good textures to be had.
YOUNG - As you say, so cute. Great capture there.
FOOD - once again, well-spotted. I agree with carl about the soft lighting. Looks great.
I'll take the mutton and the spring lamb :)

Lovely bright, Spring image. Nice framing and I like the way the mother is giving you that special paternal stare
Georgina, Young & SOOC just soo cute ! I like how it’s looking straight at you. The oof yellow on the bushes just adds something

Thanks very much for the comments and apologies for not replying sooner :sorry:

Week 16 - Hot - After falling way behind again, I am going to shamelessly shoehorn the next 3 from one evening out :LOL: The first is a very hot fire though it barely made an impression on the freezing night :-( :coldfeet:

Hot by Georgina Shaw, on Flickr

Week - 17 - Light - Second one is even more obscure! The event was called Oie Voaldyn which is a May Day eve celebration casting off the darkness of winter (the dude at the back, walking away) and welcoming the light of summer (the girl on the floor being helped up by the other dude with the flaming sword). Hope that's all clear :p:D

Light by Georgina Shaw, on Flickr

No need to worry about those shoehorns, they are great photos and tell a good story. Last one is a cracker.

Pete

Well done for the catching up, Georgina. All good shots and on theme and looks like an interesting event too. I, particular, like the Crowd shot. For some reasons, on my initial quick glance was a Christmas card with those guys on the right dressed up like kings and wise men also the light halo and staff. Looks like they all heading to the medieval castle with the bright stars in the sky! :D

Amazing set of images there Georgina!:clap:
Smooth: Lovely image, perfect fit for the theme....and the colour of the water is terrific. Super details too....love it!
Above: Wow, what a capture....well done indeed! Very impressive to photograph any wild animal, especially one as magnificent as this - spot on exposure and nicely framed too!
Hot: Amazing! I love this image! I can really feel the heat from here, and those sparks flying away are just perfect. Great exposure indeed....the glow on the faces near the fire is just right - not an easy feat with fire!
Light: Perfectly clear explanation! And a really great interpretation of the theme....love the story here too....and the glow on the sand is really nice!
Crowd: You have finished your set with a truly outstanding image! There's so much going on, and yet it feels perfectly balanced and not busy. The exposure is spot on - you used the available light very effectively, and the fireworks are such a great focal point!
Excellent work indeed!!(y)

Great catch up! My personal favourite is crowd, fireworks top it off as well as the people playing with fire.

Hot, definitely looks hot, like the embers blowing off into the wind as well.

Above, really sharp capture of the buzzard. The blue background really makes it stand out too.

All caught up! Great work. The colours in the last image are spectacular. The angle of the fireworks is the same as the guy on the left, so well-timed indeed.

That's very nice Georgina. Lovely night shot with loads of interest in the foreground, and the fireworks just work really well

Great set of pictures, that looks like a fun event. Nicely captured.

Thanks Clive, it was good fun. Sometimes made more interesting by the fact that the sound system wasn't working very well and we had to make up the story ourselves :)

No need to worry about those shoehorns, they are great photos and tell a good story. Last one is a cracker.

Pete
Great catch up Georgina, of all the shots my favourite is the last one crowd. A great shot and good and colourful too.
Three great pictures, excellent!
All caught up! Great work. The colours in the last image are spectacular. The angle of the fireworks is the same as the guy on the left, so well-timed indeed.
That's very nice Georgina. Lovely night shot with loads of interest in the foreground, and the fireworks just work really well
Crowd
Very nice, it looks like it was quite a wild evening.

Thanks very much everyone :)

Well done for the catching up, Georgina. All good shots and on theme and looks like an interesting event too. I, particular, like the Crowd shot. For some reasons, on my initial quick glance was a Christmas card with those guys on the right dressed up like kings and wise men also the light halo and staff. Looks like they all heading to the medieval castle with the bright stars in the sky! :D

Thanks Stan, hadn't really thought about that but I can see where you are coming from :D

Amazing set of images there Georgina!:clap:
Smooth: Lovely image, perfect fit for the theme....and the colour of the water is terrific. Super details too....love it!
Above: Wow, what a capture....well done indeed! Very impressive to photograph any wild animal, especially one as magnificent as this - spot on exposure and nicely framed too!
Hot: Amazing! I love this image! I can really feel the heat from here, and those sparks flying away are just perfect. Great exposure indeed....the glow on the faces near the fire is just right - not an easy feat with fire!
Light: Perfectly clear explanation! And a really great interpretation of the theme....love the story here too....and the glow on the sand is really nice!
Crowd: You have finished your set with a truly outstanding image! There's so much going on, and yet it feels perfectly balanced and not busy. The exposure is spot on - you used the available light very effectively, and the fireworks are such a great focal point!
Excellent work indeed!!(y)

Thanks very much Gareth :D I was lucky with the Buzzard as he was circling above us for quite a while so had plenty of time to take quite a few shots. I think this was the sharpest :D

Thanks Bob. I really liked the guy with his arms up too and I wish I could say I planned it but alas no just pure luck :LOL:

Great catch up! My personal favourite is crowd, fireworks top it off as well as the people playing with fire.

Hot, definitely looks hot, like the embers blowing off into the wind as well.

Above, really sharp capture of the buzzard. The blue background really makes it stand out too.

Thanks very much Dom. The fire was white hot at times, unfortunately the night was freezing and the heat did not last. I couldn't feel my feet by the time it finished :D

Two very good shots for DECAY and FREE. Not surprising that the ape (don't know what it is exactly) is your favorite, it's a cracker!

Yep - two nice pix - I do like a dead rose - and those eyes on the munkeh!!!

Terrific images Georgina!:clap:
Decay: wonderful tones and textures, and the colours are lovely. Spot on DoF too....very nice indeed!
Free: Incredible portrait! Looks like a studio image....the lighting is superb! The eye contact really elevates this image....wonder what he/she is thinking?
Fantastic work!(y)

Decay works really well for me. The blandness of the colour portrays the decaying left overs of petals really well.

Free week - superb! Stunning monkey and you've captured it just right. The detail and lighting are first class

Back