weekly HappySnapper79's 52 in 2014 -Ending Added

Happysnapper79

Suspended / Banned
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello all, first time I have done a 52 and I am hoping to learn lots from it. Hoping to get "Odd" added this evening.

Thanks for looking

John

Well here is my take on "Odd", nothing too exciting for this one, 3 socks of differing colours so incorporating "odd" in two ways.

I have toned the colours down to make them look upset (Having just read this I am beginning to believe its me that's "Odd")

All three sad at being left in the basket.

Thanks for looking

I like the eyes too, looks thoroughly upset! Looks a tad under exposed but could well be due to what I'm viewing it on:)

I like the eyes too, looks thoroughly upset! Looks a tad under exposed but could well be due to what I'm viewing it on:)

I am currently posting from an iPad and it looks underexposed, looks fine on my pc monitor though.

Hi got to say it looks dark to me too welcome aboard though

Hi John & welcome to the mad corner of the forum :wave:

fun shot to set you on your way , no crit to add to what's already been mentioned...look forward to seeing more from you

Well here is my Week 1 entry.

I was trying to capture the line theme using the row of pegs and the strings leaving them and heading off to the fret.

Thanks for looking

I like the silky feel of the image. The focus makes the tuning thing (don't know it name) the subject though. I'd have preferred the wood or strings to grab my attention more. The guitar has a branding logo that is hidden be another tuning thing and the DOF it a bit too thin IMHO. What I do like is the colours, lighting and framing.

Yeah, on reflection I think I should've gone for a slightly deeper depth of field.

It's all a big learning curve, thanks for taking the time to comment.

Hi John, More DoF as you say and maybe a slightly different angle and could do with a little more light
but good thinking non the less

Hi John

looks like a lovely guitar.....I do like the image , the focus on just one twiddly bit ( technical term that is :D ) works well & the framing & warm tone is lovely (y) Can't see the exif details so interested to know your settings....I also agree a smidge more DOF might have highlighted the strings a shade more ...

Nice image, more focus on the strings would have helped just to give a bit more line in my opinion.

A nice image for sure and I have to say technically a major improvment on your ODD sumbmission :):)

Perhaps framing with a little more room on the left would help this one score more points for me.

Like the little cheeky ball of bokeh of the shiny bits

A really strong piece of work John

Can see where you were coming from, again I would have liked to have seen more focus on the strings to get the line, rather than the heads

A touch more DOF would have worked for me, especially if the focus had been set on the highest string thingy (another technical term) The angle of the guitar is spot on and the tones and colours work really well. Well lit too.

Nice image john, have to agree with the previous comments about the strings I would like to have seen more of them.

Spot on lighting though, is that flash or torch?

It was lit externally using a flash but not fired from the camera.

Thanks for looking Dan

Back