weekly HappySnapper79's 52 in 2014 -Ending Added

Odd - A different take on the theme but I'm afraid it is unfortunately underexposed
Linear/Line - Cropped a bit tight on the left but other than that I really like this shot. Lovely shallow depth of field.

Hi
Really like the point of view and like others would have liked to have seen a bit more string detail

I'm always a fan of narrow DOF but in this case it seems to be at the expense of the lines (strings) themselves. I think a deeper DOF letting the eye run down the strings might have worked better.

Nice :)
In terms of the theme I agree with comments on the strings, but in it's own right I like where you've picked the focus and the shallow DoF personally.cropped a little tightly on the left though I feel.

Encore! ;)

Last edited:
Well here is my effort for week 2, due to the fact we are moving house this week its a bit of a rush job, the light is a little flat and the image isn't as punchy as I would like, not overly happy with it non the less here it is. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Certainly fits the theme for the week - I like the shallow DOF, but would have like to have seen the focus on the lead car.

Odd - as per the others really, looks a bit under exposed.
Line - nice dof and good colours. I'd have been tempted to rotate the guitar slightly to allow the dof to run along a string and possibly get the logo from behind the tuning thing.
Play - you've pretty much summed it up, only thing to add really is that the focus on the back of the first car and front of the second doesn't look quite right. It might have been better to just have the front of the first in focus with bolder coloured cars?

I might get chance to come back to it in the week, the problem is my computer is getting packed up today ready for the move on Friday.

Thanks for taking the time to comment :)

H, on them and good to see kids away from computers. Slightly wider DOF would be good. It also looks a little dark.

Cheers and feet up got the week.

Hi, nice take on the theme little bit more DoF would help and a little lighten up

Another (y) from, I also find the 2nd car being in focus slightly distracting too :thinking:

I like this. The DoF certainly works with the kids being oof in the background. It's also nice to see children playing and using their imagination rather than being stuck on their games console.

Play....overall I like it, but can't help thinking that the cars aren't playing, the kids are playing with the cars and therefore I'd like to see their faces and what they are up to :)

Hi

Play......always difficult when life gets in the way but as Dk says, there's always the option of a reshoot card..

Agree with the focus not quite working ( though we know the yellow car will win:D ) and also a smidge too dark but I do like that you can see the kiddies faces but not in over powering way :)

Hope the move went well (y)

Hello all, hoping to get close posted in the next day or so, moving house kind of took over the past week.

Well here are my attempts at catching up, first up is close using the "close call" theme.

Hello John, your links from the main page dont work to the thread.
Oh and I cant see the bubble image here, only on the main thread.

Nice to see you are catching up.

Close is a nice shot, good composition but a little dark for me.

Bubble is a good idea, looks good and a different angle. Love the metallic feel to it.
Hope you get smoke done ok.

Last edited:
Both links seem to work from here and both images are showing Dan.

I know what I am doing for smoke, just need to shoot it now.

'Close call' good thinking John :D

Bubble I like (y) interesting, doesn't look like bubble wrap, more metallic :)

'Close call' good thinking John :D

Bubble I like (y) interesting, doesn't look like bubble wrap, more metallic :)

Thanks for the comments, I know what you mean about it looking metallic, I don't think bubble wrap would have been my first guess.

Liking both of them John !!!!

Of the two I like the DoF of the phone, but prefer the bubble wrap, nice bright image, plenty of detail too that really makes you look hard to work out what it is (y)

Many thanks for the feedback. :)

Back