weekly HappySnapper79's 52 in 2014 -Ending Added

Play... really like it (y)
Close... another good one.
Bubble...well on theme, and a good one for bubble wrap not the easiest to do (y)

Many thanks for taking the time to stop by and comment :)

Lots of bubbles and it doesn't look a bit like bubble wrap...an interesting shot there :) I don't know how you got it to look so metallic :confused:

Thank you, it was shot on a black piece of card and lit from the side with off camera flash, I didn't expect the outcome to be so metallic but I will take it :)

Close - could do with a bit of brightening, but nice idea.

Bubbles: that's a very nice shot. The b/w conversion works well, good lighting and contrast.

Hi John

Bubble....like that , doesn't look at all like bubble wrap , more like the packaging that lozenges come in...just a hint of color isible to lift it....nice shot mister (y)

Close.....good angle , good use of DOF ...(y) being slightly picky I might have clode out the slightly brighter bit at the base of the handset ?

Well here is my attempt at smoke, I found this one tricky, I think I will continue practising.
Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Wow, very surreal and alsmost liquid looking - there's the form of a body in there (y)

Here is my effort for mineral, its a little rushed as I wanted to get caught up. Many thanks for stopping by and looking.

Smoke: don't know much about smoke pics but this is one of the best.

HI ya

no crit from me on smoke as I had such a dire time getting anything of a shot , well done for saying you're gonna keep trying :clap:

Mineral.....nicely lit showing a hint of blue in the rock & like the reflection (y) Would have preffered a little more room above the rock to balance more with the space below it ...if that makes sense ?

HI ya

no crit from me on smoke as I had such a dire time getting anything of a shot , well done for saying you're gonna keep trying :clap:

Mineral.....nicely lit showing a hint of blue in the rock & like the reflection (y) Would have preffered a little more room above the rock to balance more with the space below it ...if that makes sense ?

It makes perfect sense. Thanks for your comments :)

Liking mineral very much lovely colours and reflection and you've kept the sparkliness without blowing the highlights, Only that one on the top (y)

Liking mineral very much lovely colours and reflection and you've kept the sparkliness without blowing the highlights, Only that one on the top (y)

Many thanks, I was worried about the highlights, I can live with the one.

Hi John :)

Smoke - Really liking the colour you have chosen, you have a good black background and some nice sharp smoke... not bad at all (y)

Mineral - Not sure on the crop, a bit high for me... but some good detail, highlights and also liking the shadow :)

Quite happy with my smoke shot for my first attempt, I will be having another go though. I think the crop is a bit marmite on mineral, perhaps more space above wouldn't have hurt.

Many thanks for the comments :)

Smoke: good colour and sharp shot.

Mineral: love the reflection - reminds me a bit of a hedgehog!

Mineral - fits the theme I think a different crop would work better. I do like the reflection and it looks like a nice little bit of rock.
Many thanks for the comments, it would appear the crop is a bit of a miss, the reflection on the other hand seems to be a hit.
Very nice mineral shot.....I really like the reflection, and yes it does look like a little hedgehog :):) oops two Smiley's and I can't get one to delete !!
Thankyou, lots of people seeing a hedgehog in there, don't worry about the extra smiley :) :)
Smoke: good colour and sharp shot.

Mineral: love the reflection - reminds me a bit of a hedgehog!
I'm fairly happy with the smoke shot for a first attempt.
Feel free to join the hedgehog appreciation gang :)

Thanks to all for the comments.

Good reflection, like the colour , lighting, bg (y) I do just find the thick vertical line in the reflection, to the right, a little distracting though :thinking:

Smoke - I like the vivid blue and pattern of the smoke of this. I'm wondering whether it would be worth cropping a bit from the top as there isn;t as much smoke up there to retain the interest

Mineral - Nicely lit although possibly a little soft in places. Compositionally - I like it with the addition of the reflection working well to fill the space below the third.

Good reflection, like the colour , lighting, bg (y) I do just find the thick vertical line in the reflection, to the right, a little distracting though :thinking:

I can't work out what the line could be :(

Smoke - I like the vivid blue and pattern of the smoke of this. I'm wondering whether it would be worth cropping a bit from the top as there isn;t as much smoke up there to retain the interest

Mineral - Nicely lit although possibly a little soft in places. Compositionally - I like it with the addition of the reflection working well to fill the space below the third.

I agree, the space at the top of the image is a little empty.

I think the softness is due to me shooting with the lens slighty too wide, I'm glad you like the reflection.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and comment.

Like your smoke John, I knew you could do it, nice colour in the end. There is definitely something on that smoke.

Mineral is cracking too. I like the reflection on the black it looks good, I wondered if i should have done mine on black but wasn't sure how to light it.

Now you just have find a sense, i'm still puzzling over mine.

Back