weekly Hertsmans 52 for 2017 Rustic,Festive, weather added-and DONE !

Have fun with the build Mark, I wouldn't know where to start

Nice idea for the theme, you are right about a marine tank we used to have one a lot of hard work good luck with the Geckos
Thanks Allan...

Remote - does what it says on the box - perhaps something more in background might have added interest.
Yeah, it was one of those quick shots with not enough thought about the details...

Build .... Original & interesting idea for the theme but TBH not the best ingredients - especially all wrapped up in plastic - for a striking photo.
I get that, but its more for myself and just happened to almost fit this weeks theme... ;)

Have fun with the build Mark, I wouldn't know where to start
Thanks Chris, I certainly will

Sorry Mark, doesn't really sell build to me. Good luck with the critters though :)
Again, I do fully understand - its not a piece of photography - which, ideally, Id like to offer every week, but I thought it may be different enough to raise some interest...

Build
I like the story that goes with this shot for the theme. It may not be the most interesting photo, but it does fit the theme and it means something to you :)

Following on from my rubbish Juice shoot last weekend, I thought again and came up with another idea....

E-Juice...

Juice2 (1 of 1) by Mark P, on Flickr

And since my idea for Broad has already been done, a quick rethink gave me this idea....

Broad.....sheet...

Broad (1 of 1) by Mark P, on Flickr

I thought of "juicy" headlines for my juice shot but the broadsheets are a good take on the broad theme. Juice suits the close-up with good details and colours.

Juice ... I like those little bottles but the machine doesn't photograph so well.

Broad ... works well. Nicely done.

Juicy
I think that's a good idea, maybe a little more height to show the whole vape thingy.

Broad
I had forgotten all about Broad sheet papers. So it is a good find.

Hi Mark,

Juice - Clever idea, but perhaps a bit cluttered? Not sure but maybe a less is more approach might pay dividends? Dunno, just a thought.
Broad - Like the idea and like the layout. I think the crop works for this. Papers do tend more towards the grey than pure white, but you probably could make it a bit punchier in post if you wanted to.

That's a good idea for Broad, Mark, which is a theme I'm struggling with at the moment, and you've laid the papers out in a nice casual fashion, although I'm sure you tweaked them a few times until you were happy with the layout.

The little bottles in Juicy are perfect with those bright colours and the liquid visible inside. The holder is less photogenic and I might have tried laying it down and further in the background, but it's another natural-looking arrangement and well done for finding a different take on the theme (y)

Two good shots and on theme Mark, like the vap juice.

Thanks Dave

I thought of "juicy" headlines for my juice shot but the broadsheets are a good take on the broad theme. Juice suits the close-up with good details and colours.

Cheers chris
Excellent idea for Broad Mark, love the placement of the items too, looks very natural placement and nice even lighting :)
Gald you liked it Dk

Like the idea for broad just seems a little flat
badoom tish ? but, yeah, I know what you mean.....

Juice ... I like those little bottles but the machine doesn't photograph so well.

Broad ... works well. Nicely done.

Thanks D, I wasnt sure if the bottles alone would be obviuos enough as to what they were....

Juicy
I think that's a good idea, maybe a little more height to show the whole vape thingy.

Broad
I had forgotten all about Broad sheet papers. So it is a good find.

Hi Mark,

Juice - Clever idea, but perhaps a bit cluttered? Not sure but maybe a less is more approach might pay dividends? Dunno, just a thought.
Broad - Like the idea and like the layout. I think the crop works for this. Papers do tend more towards the grey than pure white, but you probably could make it a bit punchier in post if you wanted to.

Thanks Tim

That's a good idea for Broad, Mark, which is a theme I'm struggling with at the moment, and you've laid the papers out in a nice casual fashion, although I'm sure you tweaked them a few times until you were happy with the layout.

The little bottles in Juicy are perfect with those bright colours and the liquid visible inside. The holder is less photogenic and I might have tried laying it down and further in the background, but it's another natural-looking arrangement and well done for finding a different take on the theme (y)
Thanks for dropping by Andrea.....

And there we have it, 2017 all done....
I really struggled with these last shots, couldnt get anything original to pop at all, and whilst I had a great idea for cold weather - it just started to rain and didnt stop !
These arnt my greatest work, and are barely on time, but is done now, so onto 2018...

HNY everyone....

Rustic

Rustic (1 of 1) by Mark P, on Flickr

Festive

Festive (1 of 1) by Mark P, on Flickr

Weather

Weather (1 of 1) by Mark P, on Flickr

Rustic looks yummy. Festive continues the theme nicely. Weather is well put together for the theme.

Hey Mark ... some nice ideas, nicely done, but TBH I'm not a huge fan of your BGs. Rustic has good lighting and colours, jolly tasty looking too. (y)

Hi Mark,

Rustic - Looks like it would work as a product shot for a Pub perhaps. nicely done.
Festive - I quite like the warm lighting you've used, using the candle to provide the light source, though judging by the shadows there must have been another light source?
Weather - Good idea for portraying the weather without having to go out in it. Dynamic range looks good and you've got some strong colours captured there.
Gratz on getting to the end :)

My catch-up comments for the last 3 weeks of 2017 (hoping to be quicker in 2018)

Wk 50 - Rustic - I'm with you. Props you can eat (or :beer:) work well. I might have placed plate off centre.

Wk 51 - Festive - More food ;) - nice warm sparkle on tinsel and sugared pies from the candle. I might have taken both pies out of the foil.

Wk 52 - Weather - Fits theme - can only just see lowest black hat against background, perhaps another item under it or a grey background could help.

Back