Isabelle's (daughter of Posiview) TP 52 2017. Week 4 Smoth added.

Good composition Isabelle and nicely lit too. Everything stands well against the dark bg and the shine on the metallic elements of the camera stand out very well. :clap:

Very well put together with good lighting, I might have been tempted to leave a little more space around the edges but it's very good as it is

Now that's a nice collection of comfort objects :) Three was a great choice for the composition and you've managed the lighting so well to have the camera stand out well against the dark background. Nice job (y) And that avatar is much easier on the eye :D

Good composition, good lighting and edible props (apart from the camera). What's not to like!

Song title - I don't know the song, but the picture certainly fits the title. I like the archway formed by the branches at the top and the path windingg through the shot.
(dis)Order - Good twist on the theme nice fresh colours and edible props are the most fun to put away afterwards.
Comfort - mmm hot chocolate, nice composition well done

I agree with the earlier comments. Nicely thought out, set up and taken shot. (y)

I've read that you're planning to not edit the images in post, however this could do with a small amount of lightening as I assume the cup is white, not light grey.
You *could* bring the overall exposure up a little and then darken the left hand side back down using a graduate mask.
But that's just me being picky.

Goo d start Isabelle. My only slight critique is for me the (dis) order shot would look better the other way around as we read from left to right. So DIS then the sweets.

Like the New avatar charge your Dad £50 if he wants to change it :) Comfort shot, I like this as the dark BG really helps to bring out the camera and chocolate, cup of chocolate looks good too, well done (y)

Cool, I'm liking that too, nicely set out again Isabelle and the lighting is very well handled again too, you should show your dad how to do it properly :D

Excellent you have put a lot of thought into it and they are my favourite chocolates too what's not to like

As above, what's not to like?
Nicely thought out Isabelle :)

Excuse me @Cobra I was here first, as I was saying before I was shifted. A very nice combination and a very nice avatar.:D

Good composition Isabelle and nicely lit too. Everything stands well against the dark bg and the shine on the metallic elements of the camera stand out very well. :clap:

No, you were in the no comments section :p

Cool Avatar :) Mmm Chocolate and Photography, lovely :D

Very well put together with good lighting, I might have been tempted to leave a little more space around the edges but it's very good as it is

That's pretty cool.

Now that's a nice collection of comfort objects :) Three was a great choice for the composition and you've managed the lighting so well to have the camera stand out well against the dark background. Nice job (y) And that avatar is much easier on the eye :D

I am liking this shot alot you just cant beat a good cup of hot chocolate, a nicely thought out image. I can see that your dads good skills are being passed onto you, and your new avatar is very cool.

i love the way you have lit this. Its got all the elements for comfort too. Well done.

Really excellent choice there Isabelle ...Lindor chocolate is yummy, it all works together very well ....keep up the good work.

Good composition, good lighting and edible props (apart from the camera). What's not to like!

Song title - I don't know the song, but the picture certainly fits the title. I like the archway formed by the branches at the top and the path windingg through the shot.
(dis)Order - Good twist on the theme nice fresh colours and edible props are the most fun to put away afterwards.
Comfort - mmm hot chocolate, nice composition well done

I agree with the earlier comments. Nicely thought out, set up and taken shot. (y)

I've read that you're planning to not edit the images in post, however this could do with a small amount of lightening as I assume the cup is white, not light grey.
You *could* bring the overall exposure up a little and then darken the left hand side back down using a graduate mask.
But that's just me being picky.

Goo d start Isabelle. My only slight critique is for me the (dis) order shot would look better the other way around as we read from left to right. So DIS then the sweets.

Thanks for the comments,
Week 4 has been posted.[emoji3]

I did it by accident but I didn't change it because it's also not in order

That's a great shot of the cactus for Hairy. Nothing to critique at all :clap:

I now see what you mean about your order shot (y)

very good, really nice tones in the black and white, a nice subject for the theme

Last edited:
Nice choice and expertly exposed Isabelle - love the texture of that clay pot.

Great detail and I like the contrasty b&w conversion. Well done, Isabelle.

Great sharpness and detail in you cactus shot, and great light too.

Nice choice for hairy Isabelle - love the black background. I might have left a bit more room at the top, but nicely done.

Yep I agree a good choice for the theme, I would look nice with a tad more up top too, but still it works well on its own for sure, nice one Isabelle :)

Isabelle, that is a cracker of a shot for Hairy, good focus on the cactus, and a great bg to really bring it out. Love it (y)(y)

That's a great shot of the cactus for Hairy. Nothing to critique at all :clap:

I now see what you mean about your order shot (y)

very good, really nice tones in the black and white, a nice subject for the theme

Excellent we have a clairvoyant in our midsts , would you like to share the theme? :D

Well done Isabelle you put some work into this, working out which I'm going to take the photograph from.

And I know IOU 5 pounds :£

Nice choice and expertly exposed Isabelle - love the texture of that clay pot.

Great detail and I like the contrasty b&w conversion. Well done, Isabelle.

Great sharpness and detail in you cactus shot, and great light too.

Perfect for the theme Isabelle ...lots of detail in the cactus, the pot, and a smashing black background too.

Nice and hairy, lots of detail and a nice angle. (y)

:agree: ... good work. (y)

Thanks for the comments.
[emoji3]

God strong black background and a well lit subject there Isabelle, nicely taken.
Slight crit would be that the crop feels a bit tight at the top, a little more room might work better (I'm only talking a little bit, not masses).

God strong black background and a well lit subject there Isabelle, nicely taken.
Slight crit would be that the crop feels a bit tight at the top, a little more room might work better (I'm only talking a little bit, not masses).

Hairy - This is very well done, you have captured the hairs on the cacti very well, the only thing i would change is to give it a little bit more room at the top.

Thank you. I blame my dad :)

What's this @Isabelle, some post processing???
You've cropped it square :)

Works well. The square crop and headroom balance the implements and cake in the bottom of the image.
The piped writing is really good too :clap:

What's more... It's edible props :)

Did you bake the cake only for the photo, or was it really someone's birthday?
Well lit with the shadows providing just enough grounding.

Back