Isabelle's (daughter of Posiview) TP 52 2017. Week 4 Smoth added.

Welcome to the challenge, certainly plenty of bare trees there, nicely lit with the low sun and you have retained the blue sky nicely.

Oh and make sure you keep getting those fivers out of your Dad ;)

Did a quick google search and Fleetwood Mac had a song called 'Bare Trees', someone will have heard of it. Anyway your photo is excellent, sharp and interesting. Great start.

I charge him £5 every time.
I know, he does nothing but moan about it on here too :D

Welcome aboard Isabelle, sorry about all the faffing about, but we got there in the end (y)

Well done Isabelle. Lovely shot with that beautiful winter sky in evidence and that path leading the eye through the image. Super. PS: Fiver ?!?! What's happened to the minimum wage?

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum and the 52's Isabelle, I'm liking your first official photo it's nicely lit and has a bit of a leading line from the path, looking forward to seeing your takes on the themes :)

Oh yes... I agree you must keep getting them fivers from your papa :)

Nice start Isabelle (y), I think £7.50 is a more realistic charge,

nice path leading me through the photo and perfect for the song

Welcome along to the challenge and a nice image to start your challenge off with, I have heard of the song well chosen and yes plenty of bare trees to be seen. And I also hope you continue to collect those fivers from your dad :).

Welcome! Great photo, I like the bare trees and the path that leads the viewer's eyes into the picture.

Welcome to the challenge, certainly plenty of bare trees there, nicely lit with the low sun and you have retained the blue sky nicely.

Oh and make sure you keep getting those fivers out of your Dad ;)

Did a quick google search and Fleetwood Mac had a song called 'Bare Trees', someone will have heard of it. Anyway your photo is excellent, sharp and interesting. Great start.

Have heard the song, great group too :) I like this shot as the viewers eyes follow the path through the trees, and welcome to the challenge :)

I know, he does nothing but moan about it on here too :D

Welcome aboard Isabelle, sorry about all the faffing about, but we got there in the end (y)

Not a song i know but a nice picture.

I like the angle of the trees above the central one - looks like a gothic window or archway. Nice start Isabelle (y)

Good to see you joining in Isabelle ....you're off to a smashing start, lovely angle and light on trees.

Well done Isabelle. Lovely shot with that beautiful winter sky in evidence and that path leading the eye through the image. Super. PS: Fiver ?!?! What's happened to the minimum wage?

Welcome to the forum and the 52's Isabelle, I'm liking your first official photo it's nicely lit and has a bit of a leading line from the path, looking forward to seeing your takes on the themes :)

Oh yes... I agree you must keep getting them fivers from your papa :)

A nice start to the project, a very apt image for the song.

Nice start Isabelle (y), I think £7.50 is a more realistic charge,

nice path leading me through the photo and perfect for the song

Welcome along to the challenge and a nice image to start your challenge off with, I have heard of the song well chosen and yes plenty of bare trees to be seen. And I also hope you continue to collect those fivers from your dad :).

Welcome Isabelle, and well done on your choice of song and subject. I like the light and the tangles in those bare branches, which suit the song title. Good luck with your 52!

Welcome! Great photo, I like the bare trees and the path that leads the viewer's eyes into the picture.

I agree with all the comments above, and especially the ones about keeping your dad a pauper ;)

If ur eye is anything like ur fathers then we'll be seeing some cracking shots (y)

Thank you.

Hi Isabelle. I like the plain white bg ... makes those colours pop. Great minds - we've both gone for Order with Disorder.

nice colours and you have obviously thought of something different well done, hope you enjoyed them

Hi Isabelle, not just a pretty face, time to charge the old bloke £50 a shot. (Dis) Order I like "You need lots of lights to make photos look like they were made with no lights at all!" a wise old saying by some photographer chappy. (Dis) Order ... nice concept. (y)

Is that a failed game of Candy Crush? ;)
I like the vibrant colours and twist on the theme.
I think you got the lighting more or less right. There are obvious bright points, but the image isn't blown. It's a bit like you've got catchlights on each skittle.

Nice idea, Isabelle. A good idea for a different take on the theme and a good effort at the shot, particularly given the difficulty with lighting the subject. Well done.

Great idea, and well executed. The vibrant colours and (almost) no shadows on the white background work very well, and I don't mind the highlights on the skittles.

I think a B&W conversion would help with the starkness as I think the lovely blue tones of the sky softens the overall look a little. Good start.

Dis-Order, I like this shot nice and clear and thought out, well done :)

Hi Isabelle. I like the plain white bg ... makes those colours pop. Great minds - we've both gone for Order with Disorder.

Hi Isabelle props you can eat, always a good idea :)
You've done a really good job on the sweets, just enough disorder for it to work well

Agreed I like the colours and twist on the theme, I also like the fact that the colours are random :)

I had the same problem with highlights this week too - love the colours and the twist on the theme.

You've done well and I thought the lights add a bit of interest. Hope you enjoyed the treats after!

nice colours and you have obviously thought of something different well done, hope you enjoyed them

Hi Isabelle, not just a pretty face, time to charge the old bloke £50 a shot. (Dis) Order I like "You need lots of lights to make photos look like they were made with no lights at all!" a wise old saying by some photographer chappy. (Dis) Order ... nice concept. (y)

Is that a failed game of Candy Crush? ;)
I like the vibrant colours and twist on the theme.
I think you got the lighting more or less right. There are obvious bright points, but the image isn't blown. It's a bit like you've got catchlights on each skittle.

Nice idea, Isabelle. A good idea for a different take on the theme and a good effort at the shot, particularly given the difficulty with lighting the subject. Well done.

Great idea, and well executed. The vibrant colours and (almost) no shadows on the white background work very well, and I don't mind the highlights on the skittles.

I think a B&W conversion would help with the starkness as I think the lovely blue tones of the sky softens the overall look a little. Good start.

Week 1 What a clever idea, I like the nice bright colours of the skittles, and you have done very well with the lighting of the image.

thanks for the positive comments, posting week 2 soon (y):):nikon:

Excellent you have put a lot of thought into it and they are my favourite chocolates too what's not to like

As above, what's not to like?
Nicely thought out Isabelle :)

Excuse me @Cobra I was here first, as I was saying before I was shifted. A very nice combination and a very nice avatar.:D

Back