JK's 52 2019

Clean: Love the creativity of this image. Good BG too. It suits the whole rocket blower taking off thing :)

Open: Another very good bit of creativity. I would have said it's a great bit of work. As said before, the addition of the bottle bathed in light from the doorway is a great touch. :clap:

That's a clever shot - love it :)

Clean: Love the creativity of this image. Good BG too. It suits the whole rocket blower taking off thing :)

Open: Another very good bit of creativity. I would have said it's a great bit of work. As said before, the addition of the bottle bathed in light from the doorway is a great touch. :clap:

The background was a composite too. I used 3 images to help create enough depth to make the rocket looker larger than life. Glad you like it. Thanks.

This is a terrific image John!
Great atmosphere, and excellent lighting.
Very nicely composed, and the shadow on the bottle is inspired!
Not you're best work eh?!
Well, we're all in trouble then!!:D
Very nice work indeed John!(y)

I think you’ll be ok. I don’t really have the time to do one of these images every week. Glad you like it.

Lovely bit of urban artwork cleverly lit by the open door. I like that a lot.
The bottle adds an extra dimension
:clap:

The bottle was an after thought. The image felt a little flat and I wanted to get little depth into it and break up the glow from the door.

Another composite? I also agree that the bottle and shadow really make the image, for me the glow around the door feels a little to bright but having said that I would get nowhere near those results so good job.

Very creative image and works extremely well. Makes me wonder what your best work would be like?

Another composite? I also agree that the bottle and shadow really make the image, for me the glow around the door feels a little to bright but having said that I would get nowhere near those results so good job.

Thanks Steve. I debated with myself about the glow from the door. I played around with minimising the glow to something that was technically correct but in the end I ended up going with the over the top glow. I may do the image again in a more tasteful way sometime in the future

Catching up- looks like you are off to a great start for 2019!
New-great idea for the theme, and ticks off a mono shot too. Very nicely done
Clean-Really cool image
Open-your comment with the image implies you are not completely happy with it? I'm not sure why, it's an excellent photograph, and works great for the theme.

Loving that image, great colours and lighting / shadows :)

Very imaginative and creative interpretation of the theme John!
Expertly composed using diagonals and the vignette really draws you in.
B&W processing is spot on.
I really like the simplicity and story in this image, excellent work John!(y)

very nice take on the theme and lovely capture. makes me worry a little that I will make it as I keep ending up doing last min pics :(

I really like this (and your handwriting is very neat, much neater than my spider scrawl). Great take on the theme.

Wow, what a set!

New: Simple and charming. I say simple, but I can't even work out what's processed and what's not so it's probably not simple at all...
Clean: Funny, original and brilliantly executed.
Open: Actual art.
Distant: You're right, that does seem distant. Well done for not just taking a photo of something that's far away!

Stunning stuff, can't wait to see what else you have in store.

Wow, what a set!

New: Simple and charming. I say simple, but I can't even work out what's processed and what's not so it's probably not simple at all...
Clean: Funny, original and brilliantly executed.
Open: Actual art.
Distant: You're right, that does seem distant. Well done for not just taking a photo of something that's far away!

Stunning stuff, can't wait to see what else you have in store.

Thanks Nick. I’m glad you like my Photos. I hope I can live up to your expectations

Back