Just suppose it was intentional, Sirch's 52 for 2017, 52, Weather

I really like the one you went for Chris, I like the colours in wall 1 and it's well framed

Hi Chris, I like them both as #1 is nice with just a bit of the trees coming in to view. #2 has got to be my pick though as like the pov of the shot and just catching the river/stream is nice, very good colours :)
Thanks Dave, glad you like them.

#2 best for me. I like the colours of the stones and the letterbox crop emphasises the sense of width. Nice one

#2 is a beaut, great color and detail, dead simple compo. (y)

#2 best for me. I like the colours of the stones and the letterbox crop emphasises the sense of width. Nice one
#2 is a beaut, great color and detail, dead simple compo. (y)

Thanks John and David, it is a very colourful wall and nice to see someone has taken a bit of pride in building it.

"bent" nice abstract liked that when I first saw it a few weeks ago

"wood" works well like the inclusion of the shavings and the knot adds interest too

2nd "wall" for me, thats a work of art, very skilful, you have caught the colours in the stone really well

"bent" nice abstract liked that when I first saw it a few weeks ago

"wood" works well like the inclusion of the shavings and the knot adds interest too

2nd "wall" for me, thats a work of art, very skilful, you have caught the colours in the stone really well
Great to see you back Allan and many thanks for the comments (y)

Lovely detail and colours in that wall Chris, I wasn't sure about the clumps of grass at first but now believe they add a nice contrast to the straight lines of the stonewall, Like it !!
Thanks Dean, I had considered removing the grass but I thought it added a bit of context

Bent
An unusual shot (which I guess is what this challenge is about). The light works well, the back is too me exposed just about right.

Wood
Good take. I think i would have chosen a darker base, but i still like it.

Wall
What a great wall that is.

Bent
An unusual shot (which I guess is what this challenge is about). The light works well, the back is too me exposed just about right.

Wood
Good take. I think i would have chosen a darker base, but i still like it.

Wall
What a great wall that is.

Thanks Dominic, interesting idea about a darker base for the wood photograph.

Good decision Chris :)

Thanks Dean

Hi Chris ...I really like the contrast, the work of art created by nature over thousands of years, compared to a man made one. Both are full of fabulous texture and colour so I can't choose a favourite.

Thanks Susie, I like the parallels you have drawn between the two, I hadn't really see them in that context (y)

Iconic building and a great view of it, maybe leaning slightly to the right but as you are away you are forgiven

Iconic building and a great view of it, maybe leaning slightly to the right but as you are away you are forgiven
Thanks Allan looking
g at it again I agree it could do with a bit of a rotation but it was just a phone snap, I've hopefully got some better ones.

Like your symmetrical shot Chris, think you did a good job, nice tones and colours.

Thanks Dave

Nice shot Chris, looks good even though it was just a snap shot. I like the colours you've captured

Hi Chris,

Wall - The quarry wall says 'angry face' to me Interesting what people can see in images isn't it.
I like the other image too, I think for the same reason as @Timz, the colours.

Symmetry - Allan says it's an iconic building, I have no idea what/where it is (other than the kind of building you see on corners in London).

Hi Chris,

Wall - The quarry wall says 'angry face' to me Interesting what people can see in images isn't it.
I like the other image too, I think for the same reason as @Timz, the colours.

Symmetry - Allan says it's an iconic building, I have no idea what/where it is (other than the kind of building you see on corners in London).
Thanks Tim, I hadn't seen the angry face but now you mention it...

The building is the Flat Iron building in Manhattan

I like it .... but I would have cloned out the building next door, or would that be cheating.

Enjoy Manhattan Chris.

I like it .... but I would have cloned out the building next door, or would that be cheating.

Enjoy Manhattan Chris.
Thanks David, that was just a phone snap to get something in for the theme more or less on time so I couldn't do anything fancy like cloning. It was just a short break and we are back now but we did enjoy it and I've got a few photos to cull/edit :)

Genius, waiting for that pigeon to walk into the scene :)

It doesn't grab me, but there's plenty to hold the eye.

I like the dappled light, the LHS and RHS act as leading lines.

Nice cobbles.

Cheers.

Genius, waiting for that pigeon to walk into the scene :)

It doesn't grab me, but there's plenty to hold the eye.

I like the dappled light, the LHS and RHS act as leading lines.

Nice cobbles.

Cheers.
Thanks Andy, I have to say it wasn't all I had hoped for and the pigeon nearly didn't survive the crop during straightening but it's what I had ;)

I am glad the pigeon survived the crop it makes the picture not in the fact that the cobbles are worn it just all seems a little ominous, I like it

Nice shot for the theme Chris, I prefer the warmer edit you've done. I'm glad the pigeon survived the crop too

Nice shot for the theme Chris, I prefer the warmer edit you've done. I'm glad the pigeon survived the crop too
Thanks Tilly, the pidgeon seems to be a bit of a star :)

Hi Chris,
I prefer the original edit, not sure about the warm tones myself.
Loving the pigeon :)
The cobbled street is certainly worn. You have to despair about whichever contractors thought that digging bits up and then filling them with tarmac was acceptable!!!

Gotta love the serendipity of taking a photo of a large CANON delivery with an Olympus :)

Last edited:
Back