Just suppose it was intentional, Sirch's 52 for 2017, 52, Weather

On a par in quality with DK's product shot.
Both the presentation and execution put me in mind of an expensive restaurant.
Thanks Tim, perhaps I should be doing master chef rather than this 52 lark :)

Interesting shot. I considered a Blackberry crushed wtih juice flowing from it, so kond of similar....

Good landscape, some lovely colours in there that make it stand out

That's a wonderful landscape Chris, love the letterbox crop and the wintery mountain-scape, also really liking the streaky sky, that's a great print shot that (y)

Good landscape, some lovely colours in there that make it stand out

Thanks both, glad you like it

Very nice winter scene ... pano to add broadness. (y)

Broad
That's a real good photo, there's not much more to say really.

Liking that a lot Chris, not so sure on the white border width but the actual photo is very nice, good use of a low DoF and great having the wood burner and stacked logs in the background :)

I also like this a lot too Chris, nicely on theme and good dof but I think the frame would be better in black.

Rustic
Looks good to me, it's a nice composition.

Thanks guys, I don't normally do borders but in this case it really made the crop look a lot better. As to size colour, etc., I'm sure the border could be better and it's something i'll have a think about

nicely composed and a good focus, not sure on the border but only in thickness a little less maybe, good shot for the theme

Absolutely love your Juicy shot. Great depth of field and lighting. I'd love to know how you achieved both. I have a lot to learn :)

I like your BROAD landscape. You've managed to get detail in the sky and some sun on the snow capped hills. I still haven't managed to do this theme yet and am lacking inspiration.

Rustic fits the theme well. I like that you've only left part of the in-focus basket in, but all of the log burner in the background - really gives it context. I don't mind the border.

Absolutely love your Juicy shot. Great depth of field and lighting. I'd love to know how you achieved both. I have a lot to learn :)

I like your BROAD landscape. You've managed to get detail in the sky and some sun on the snow capped hills. I still haven't managed to do this theme yet and am lacking inspiration.

Rustic fits the theme well. I like that you've only left part of the in-focus basket in, but all of the log burner in the background - really gives it context. I don't mind the border.
Thanks, Juicy, IIRC was just a flash bounced off the ceiling which is painted an off-white colour, DoF comes from shooting at around 100mm f5.6. The effort in that one was really setting it up and trying to get the dribble of juice in the right place.

Thanks, Juicy, IIRC was just a flash bounced off the ceiling which is painted an off-white colour, DoF comes from shooting at around 100mm f5.6. The effort in that one was really setting it up and trying to get the dribble of juice in the right place.
I've chopped up a cherry this evening for my juicy shot - I'd been planning it since the theme came up. I really struggled with the lighting and used f/13 and two flashes with my 100mm macro lens in the end. I still struggled with the DOF. I love the juice - perfectly positioned. It's streets ahead of what I managed to get.

I've chopped up a cherry this evening for my juicy shot - I'd been planning it since the theme came up. I really struggled with the lighting and used f/13 and two flashes with my 100mm macro lens in the end. I still struggled with the DOF. I love the juice - perfectly positioned. It's streets ahead of what I managed to get.

I can't remember how much of a crop that shot was from the original but I suspect I shot from a reasonable distance and then cropped it down which may have helped with the DoF

Love the homey rustic warm feel of the shot. Like the spot-on focus and well-lit basket main subject stands out from the oof background but not too sure about the hanging string/rope.
Thanks Stan. Quite why our log basket has a piece of string hanging from it is lost in the mists of time but it is part of the rustic charm! :)

That's a lovely scene for Rustic, Chris, with the natural colours and textures of the wood, basket and bricks set against the warmth of the flames. Perfect for the theme (y)

Of your other recent images, I really like the first one for Remote with a cold coastal atmosphere underlining the feeling of remoteness, some textured leading lines and the lifebelt adding a tiny but welcome touch of colour. Broad is also a strong image; I'm struggling with ideas for that one but the the wide expanse of hills and tiny walls and trees do give a sense of width and space. I like the contrast of the green grass against the cold snow, too.

That's a lovely scene for Rustic, Chris, with the natural colours and textures of the wood, basket and bricks set against the warmth of the flames. Perfect for the theme (y)

Of your other recent images, I really like the first one for Remote with a cold coastal atmosphere underlining the feeling of remoteness, some textured leading lines and the lifebelt adding a tiny but welcome touch of colour. Broad is also a strong image; I'm struggling with ideas for that one but the the wide expanse of hills and tiny walls and trees do give a sense of width and space. I like the contrast of the green grass against the cold snow, too.
Thanks Andrea

No problems with borders here Chris. I like the shot and the way you've used the in and out of focus areas, something I've been playing around with this year for some of my train shots (though not used on the 52).
Worked really well and spot on for the theme.

No problems with borders here Chris. I like the shot and the way you've used the in and out of focus areas, something I've been playing around with this year for some of my train shots (though not used on the 52).
Worked really well and spot on for the theme.

I like it, good idea to focus on the basket of logs with their destination behind them.

Thanks both

Back