weekly Mandy's first 52 challenge 2014 week 52 added and all finished now

Morning Mandy, posted last night, have you got insider information! :D

Well done, I like the image, colour looks well(y). I've got to agree though, it does look like its a little floaty :thinking: :)

Hi Mandy. Think you've done well here to capture the shapes and form of the bottle....

Thank you very much.

Hi, quick off the mark...

Obviously on theme, good lighting and sharp where needed.

It doesn't grab me as an exciting photograph, though and I did think at fist sight about the blueness, however,move decided that I like it.

As a product photograph it works white well. I think a shadow would have grounded the bottle rather than have it appear to float.

Feet up for the week :)

Cheers.

Yes I do agree maybe there should be a shadow

Morning Mandy, posted last night, have you got insider information! :D

Well done, I like the image, colour looks well(y). I've got to agree though, it does look like its a little floaty :thinking: :)

Good morning, no inside information was just rather a speedy walk to the shop to get the bottle of water. And get composing with my ideas before they were lost in my mind, or thieved by another tp member :D. I will address the small issue of floatyness a little later on.

I have added a edited version in the hope to address the floating feeling, This is my first ever attempt at merging to photos together With the first being the bottle of Mineral water that i shot last night. And the second image i found on the internet, so i set about combining the two images this morning. I hope that it addresses the floaty feeling for those that have viewed so far, thanks to all the people that have taken the time to look and support me with comments.

Mineral edited addition.

Mineral 5
by pinkbikerbabe 1, on Flickr

Blimey you don't hang around !!!

Nice image and well put together... certainly better than the 'Floaty' bottle... have you no hills around your way ?? would look better for me with a background you have taken :)

You forgot the *Other soft beverages are available* :D

Blimey you don't hang around !!!

Nice image and well put together... certainly better than the 'Floaty' bottle... have you no hills around your way ?? would look better for me with a background you have taken :)

You forgot the *Other soft beverages are available* :D

I do agree with you i would of liked it if i could of used an image i had taken, But there are no hills in cirencester and there is there any snow. And lastly me and my bike as we are so small and don't weigh much we would become kites in the wind So it was the best i could do I think its 4 weeks in a row now that i have been on the ball with my images, once i have my idea i have to act on it.

Agree with Chris that it looks like an advert. I like the way you have lit and shot the bottle, it shows it really well.

Yep, looks better to me Mandy, it suits the snowy mountains, as said, would make a good add :D

Hi MAndy

hope you've got your boiler fixed :hug:

Smoke....no crit from me , think they are super , particularly like the color in the 2nd image :clap::clap:

Mineral....agree with the Floating comments but the #2 version is a corker...definate advert material :clap::clap:

Hi MAndy

hope you've got your boiler fixed :hug:

Smoke....no crit from me , think they are super , particularly like the color in the 2nd image :clap::clap:

Mineral....agree with the Floating comments but the #2 version is a corker...definate advert material :clap::clap:

Thanks for your comments...... And sadly my boilers not fixed so come Monday it's a week with out heating and hot water.

Good work Mandy, quick off the mark again this week (y)
#2 for me too, as Lynne says, I could see that in an advert.
Maybe just have a faint shadow at the bottom of the bottle to 'ground' it but apart from that (y)

Liking the 2nd image Mandy - definately shows how good your original shot was now that you've merged it into this new image (y)

The floating bottle has already been mentioned. I'm really not keen on the background though. It matches the feel you are trying to give it but it's the same mountain three times.

Mandy ... you always post these perfectly perfect images.

Very quick off the mark Mandy. Very sharp and good lighting. I think all the crit shave been said. Second shot is my preference. Love your latest attempt at smoke. :)

Hi Mandy, to be honest I think i prefer the first one if it had a bit of a shadow to stop it being floaty, its the only thing that stops it working.

have to agree about the lack of shadow, and also wondering on the position of the bottle, is the side opposite the barcode and ingredients more photogenic?

Good work compositing it into the mountain shot, shame you couldn;t get there to have taken the shot of the mountains yourself.. :(

I like them both but the second works best for me. It looks like an advert in a magazine!

have to agree about the lack of shadow, and also wondering on the position of the bottle, is the side opposite the barcode and ingredients more photogenic?

Good work compositing it into the mountain shot, shame you couldn;t get there to have taken the shot of the mountains yourself.. :(

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment.

I like the bottle shot, nice lighting & colour. We were on holiday at the puys last summer so the background shot doesn't seem right to me :D

Hi
sorry its taken me a while to get round to you.....liking the last blue smoke shot and the second mineral shot though as has already been said would have liked the background to have been something you'd taken.

Back