weekly Mandy's first 52 challenge 2014 week 52 added and all finished now

I like the bottle shot, nice lighting & colour. We were on holiday at the puys last summer so the background shot doesn't seem right to me :D

Hi
sorry its taken me a while to get round to you.....liking the last blue smoke shot and the second mineral shot though as has already been said would have liked the background to have been something you'd taken.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting I do appreciate it.

Looks really good with the mountain background and very topical what with the olympics and all.

Sorry I missed you, not sure how that happened - must try to get my shot taken early this week and keep up to date with the coments - it's been a right chore tonight :LOL: But, I don't like to see other peoples's shots before I take my own.

Looks really good with the mountain background and very topical what with the olympics and all.

Sorry I missed you, not sure how that happened - must try to get my shot taken early this week and keep up to date with the coments - it's been a right chore tonight :LOL: But, I don't like to see other peoples's shots before I take my own.

Thanks for commenting, I think with so many threads going its easy to get lost in among things.

Well for me this is something totally new to me i have never tried taking a picture off my own eye before. I chose do to do a image off my eye as it it is one of our five sences, After some faffing about with set up and forgetting that my 600D has live view :banghead: I have managed to get this shot.

Sense

Sense
by pinkbikerbabe 1, on Flickr

Last edited:
Evenly lit, in focus, nicely clear...I could go on but I'd better stop because, between you and me, I think I'm being watched!

Hi, good lighting, detail and nice wide open pupil.

It's a bit square on for me and a little close at the top.

Having taken a few of my own eye though I appreciate how hard to can be :)

Now, relax and put your feet up for the rest of the week...

A good eye-dea - you are so organised getting these things done so quickly :LOL: I think I'd like to see it with a bit of a wider crop.

I think I'm going to need to go shopping for mine :)

Hi Mandy, very quick off the mark. I agree with Andy, it's a little too straight on. I photographed my eye in 2012's 52 and struggled to get the angle I liked. It looks quite grainy, possibly heavy cropping or sharpening :thinking: But I know how difficult it is to do so :clap:

Quick out of the blocks. Some great detail captured in the eye, I agree with the comments about a wider crop.
Sit back and relax for the week, its in the bag!

Third eye shot posted this year.. Possibly the best of those for sharpness and detail. I cloned over the little bright reflections in the tear duct and round the edge of the eye bit when I did mine.

Also I find the large pupil a little unnatural given the lighting on the eye itself. Maybe greater level of ambient light would have helped... Make focussing easier too.

Great job on a difficult task though.

Last edited:
Great shot Mandy (y) something I've never tried, but I can imagine its not easy, well done :)

Hi, good lighting, detail and nice wide open pupil.

It's a bit square on for me and a little close at the top.

Having taken a few of my own eye though I appreciate how hard to can be :)

Now, relax and put your feet up for the rest of the week...
A good eye-dea - you are so organised getting these things done so quickly :LOL: I think I'd like to see it with a bit of a wider crop.

I think I'm going to need to go shopping for mine :)

Thanks for the comments I went for this crop purely to hide my rather shocking looking eyebrows, I didn't feel happy having them on show lol.

Hi Mandy, very quick off the mark. I agree with Andy, it's a little too straight on. I photographed my eye in 2012's 52 and struggled to get the angle I liked. It looks quite grainy, possibly heavy cropping or sharpening :thinking: But I know how difficult it is to do so :clap:

Yes it is a fair bit of a crop, down side to not having a full frame camera. But after 4 pp'd images it was the best one I had.

Third eye shot posted this year.. Possibly the best of those for sharpness and detail. I cloned over the little bright reflections in the tear duct and round the edge of the eye bit when I did mine.

Also I find the large pupil a little unnatural given the lighting on the eye itself. Maybe greater level of ambient light would have helped... Make focussing easier too.

Great job on a difficult task though.

Thanks for the comments, I don't have the brightest of lights in my living room. I had my camera on my tripod with the flip out screen looking at me. I am manually focussing on my and trying to see what it looks like in the screen. Some very odd looking faces were being pulled, I had my flash to the side off me triggered by my pop up flash and I just crossed my fingers when I pressed the shutter button on my cable release.

Nice colour on the iris.

Shame about the dark area near the nose though.

I've done the eye shot myself and know it can be tricky but also rewarding when you get it right like this :clap:

Nice colour on the iris.

Shame about the dark area near the nose though.

I've done the eye shot myself and know it can be tricky but also rewarding when you get it right like this :clap:

Thanks for the comments couldn't really do much about the bags under my eyes, skins in bad condition as well due to ill health. At least now with a safe working gas boiler I can get my health back.

Glad to hear your heating woes are now sorted missus (y)

& you're bloomin quick of the mark again ! Fab close up , great detail, can understand your reasons for the closeness of the crop.....:)

Super quick again Mandy !!!!

A great image, certainly not easy to take I know that, a catchlight would have been nice to see, but really liking the colours of your eye and the detail of your lashes - Nice One (y)

There was a catchlight in my pupil, and on the bottem left off the coloured bit of my eye but it did not look right to me so it was cloned out in cs3. Thanks for taking the time to look and comment, i am going to sit on my hands and stick to just the one image for this week.

Hi Mandy, you don't hang around do you, you have done well with what is a difficult subject to do on your own(y)

A very good eye shot, nice colours and a good angle.
I have never managed a decent one.

Back