Mercury's 52 of 2017

I agree, very good use of DpF and nice sharp, clean subject

Ooooo, nice and scrummy. Spoon has covered part of the lower bowl, but minor point.

I'd like a little more oommpphhh, push the shadows a little and increase the saturation a tad.

Nice low POV and detail.

Cheers.

Love that cup of whatever it is, it looks so delicious. Pure comfort:)

Wow! I do like that splash of vibrancy ... it's like sc against that grey bust. (I do like that crazed glazing - excellent photography prop).

Can't doubt its hairy but it needs something more to add some interest

Comfort - one of my favourite for the week. Agree with the comments about the spoon in the RHS but really like the textures in the cream and the DOF getting the first bowl in focus but leaving the rest out of focus.
Hairy - Not as strong for me but the vivid colours certainly makes it stand out.

I think the photo works very well because of the phrenology bust. Nice idea.

Ha .... what wonderful props you have.

I'm wondering if it's possible to somehow reduce the light reflection on the face whilst maintaining the shocking pink hair.

Smooottthhh, bloody hell, top marks for having a beer ready for the theme.

WB maybe a little off :thinking:

I'd prefer just the glass as it speaks for itself.

Nice detail and DOF.

Cheers.

Quick off the mark and clearly on theme, I find the background a tad distracting.

nothing wrong with an OOF kitchen BG ... just fine. (y)

Hairy - I like the contrast of the bright pink against the subtly blue hue of the bust. Spot on theme.
Smooth - Well, someone had to ;) The angle of the shot adds interest as usually adults look downwards on objects on the table.
Is there almost a subtle selfie there too?

I would have preferred a less central composition too, but like the OOF kitchen in the background. And kudos for having the beer for the theme ready.

Done this myself a few years ago, I would have liked to capture the beer as it is still settling it might have taken a few goes but the beer doesn't go to waste. (y)

Definitely fits the theme. Well composed, could have been taken as a still from a professional tv commercial. Now i'm thirsty.

Sand works well for your mineral shot. Nice textures, good DoF and I like the vignette.

I like the abstract nature of the image. Bang on theme Marcel

Back