Mercury's 52 of 2017

Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
No
Time for a 2nd attempt at the infamous TP52! I started my first one this year (with good intentions) but sadly ran out of steam after only Week 8 :eek:

I am a little more determined this time as my photography has been non-existent this year and I plan to use this as the 'minimum motivation' to get out and about taking more photos :)

Last edited:
Week 0: Song title or lyrics (The Fog by Kate Bush)

Last edited:
On theme and very topical too Marcel - this fog is fffffffreezing. Nice compo with the path providing the lead-in to the dog walker.

Love the shot! As others have said the dog walker in the picture looks great along with the fog and the path (y)

Wow, that's very foggy. Composition and B&W conversion work very well.

Very atmospheric and the path leads you into it well

Well chosen Marcel and beautiful complimenting blue/green colours. Nice lead in and I like the soft shadows cast across the grass.

Nicely "ordered" Marcel even the trees seem to be standing in order too.

The Fog works well, except it could be a bit thicker. :exit:

Nice colour in Order, nice pov too. (y)

Excellent (and poignant) shot, I love the right-hand line of crosses disappearing round and drawing your eye in.

As has been said, really nice leading line/s and shadows in the 'order' shot. A thought provoking place to visit no doubt and I really like the consistency of the stones, works wonders for my OCD!

Great photo for order, well composed and good light.

Beautifully done Marcel. Focus is spot on and the DoF has played well on the cream swirls and the bowl itself in that foremost dish. Shame about the intrusive handle rhs but it doesn't detract overly.

Great colour, great sharpness, I like the shot.
The opnly thing I may have done differently is to remove the handle that's closest, bottom right hand side, as it doesn't add anything to the shot imo.

Really like the sharp swirls in the cream. Agree about the oof handle front right and I'd probably removed the upper right one too; they both distract from the composition for me.

Great composition, great DoF. I would have removed both handles on the right hand side, but that's only a minor detail.

Really like this ... focal point, good colour & texture, with more of the same OOF in the BG, better than a plain BG.

Back