weekly Michael23's 2012 52 COMPLETED! WooHoo! Slide show added

I think it's number two for me the red just gives the image a twist!

Hi Chris, thanks very much for your reply. (y)

I splash of red on number two really works. I like the angle you have shot this at.

I think the fairy bottle is quite a clever idea, lots of bubbles and starbursts in this theme, you've got them all in the label (y)

Hiya Marsha, the fairy Liquid bottle was lit by natural light coming through my kitchen window. I did attempt photographing its green reflection on the shiny tiles, but the grout lines took away from the image. Pleased you like the toaster pic, I found this angle worked very well and certainly took quite a few presses of the shutter to find the right one. (y)

Yes, deffinately number 2. The red really makes it, and the B&W version just dulls it a touch too much for this theme I think. Great shot :)

Hi Mark, thanks for your thoughts, I am still 50-50 on which one I like! But I reckon the red will win out of the 2.

I love the pictures of the toaster. So industrial and sleek - very sci-fi in a way.

Hi Tony, Pleased you like the toaster pics, I am very pleased with the way these came out. (y)

Win - I like your take on the connect4 theme

Shiny - #2 for me. It's the red that wins it.

3 very good shots Michael.
2 and 3 for me, love the Fairy bottle, simple and bang on theme.
Darren

Thanks Peter and Darren, Looks like #2 is the preferred version. Not sure which to add to the flickr group, toaster or the fairy liquid :thinking:

I like the abstract nature of the colour win.

Colour shiny is a winner for me. I like the orientation and close composition. Only thing for me is the dark area near the lever thingy...liking the slight shine on it, though.

Cheers.

Forever try to catch up on comments
Like your take on win with the SC version.
#2 shiny as colour adds to the composition and the shine from metal is subtle but definately there. good work.

I like the abstract nature of the colour win.

Colour shiny is a winner for me. I like the orientation and close composition. Only thing for me is the dark area near the lever thingy...liking the slight shine on it, though.

Cheers.

Hi Andy, thanks for popping by, the dark area was quite tricky to light, I used one of these to throw a bit of light on the rim,

The second toaster shot for me too. The colour really adds to the image.

Thanks very much Phil, pleased you like the pic. (y)

Forever try to catch up on comments
Like your take on win with the SC version.
#2 shiny as colour adds to the composition and the shine from metal is subtle but definately there. good work.

Hi JOhn, thanks for popping in and having a catch up and for your thoughts. (y)

Hi Michael

really like the SC version of connect 4, funnily enough i was going to dare to mention that this may have worked well on treehuggers win

shiny like the colour version of the toaster, the B/W just looks flat to me

Hi Michael

Win - the sc works best as you say because of the jumble of colours in the items. Bit dark at left side. Good idea - i like the motifs on the tiles

Shiny - really like the toaster with the splash of red - it enhances the shininess. Good selective composition and subject

No 2 for me the splash of red works well as does the angle but the white top right catches your eye.

good shots for shiny....for me #2, like the colour in the toaster:)

Hi Neil, thanks very much (y)

Hi Michael

Win - the sc works best as you say because of the jumble of colours in the items. Bit dark at left side. Good idea - i like the motifs on the tiles

Shiny - really like the toaster with the splash of red - it enhances the shininess. Good selective composition and subject

Thanks Alan, I was in need of a new toaster and this theme came at the right time!

No 2 for me the splash of red works well as does the angle but the white top right catches your eye.

Thanks Trevor (y)

Win - the B&W one for me, like the colour too but I think the B&W spells out the theme.

Shiny - like the others, the toaster with the colour. Adds depth to the photo.

2 excellent weeks!!

Magic moments to cherish indeed. ;) #3 is my pick plus the background is far nicer than in the other 2 shots. ;)

Magic moments to cherish indeed. ;) #3 is my pick plus the background is far nicer than in the other 2 shots. ;)

Thanks very much for popping by Alby, much appreciated. I am going to number 3 myself, now I have looked more. (y)

Moments to treasure indeed

Thanks Amanda, it was good to see her enjoying herself as she has had gastroenteritis this week.

3 very nice shot, has to be number 2 for me.

Thanks Darren (y)

hi Micheal..

3 good shots, for me #2:)

Thanks Neil, pleased you like them (y)

Hi, Michael, #3 is a cracker. Very nice smile and great costume.

Just a tad off the top for me.

Cheers.

Hi Andy, thanks for the comments, pleased you like them. :)

It great to see you progressing so well with the challenge again this year (y) I do love your magical interpretation

Matt

Hiya Matt, thanks very much for popping by, really pleased with how this project is progressing.

Love number 3 - a really cute shot!

Im going to go against the grain here, I think I prefer #1.
The background has that sparkly look to it which adds to the magical theme for me, Possibly a little selective colour on the pink dress to add some colour to?
(Please dont shoot me about the selective colour, i cant help what my brain think looks nice :bonk:)

I agree with Gareth and Marsha that #1 is best shot. (y)

Good background and good focus on subject. In that one she seems the least posed and there is a bit of devil in the smile and the eyes. She looks like she is considering whether to cast a spell on the watcher.:thinking:

really nice shot and on theme in my view

Another vote for #1 (in colour) here Michael.
The cheeky smile and the eye contact both make for a lovely captivating photograph. All 3 are great photographs Michael which make for lovely memories and keepsake.
Photographs with a personal significance to the author are very appealing, not simply just a photograph to fit the theme of the week. Iain

Thanks everyone for those great comments. I have had a look and done a colour version, I tried selective colour on it, but there is a very annoying bit in the background which is blue and blends into much with the pink and it just didn't look right at all, so gone with the full colour version. The blue bit is a little annoying and I couldn't get rid of it in pp.

_MG_4828#3 by scilly puffin, on Flickr

Magical certainly but mischeivous too I bet - congratulations to the model (y)

Thats a winner for me Michael (y)

Thanks Iain (y)

I think the colour version is beautiful:clap:

As for the blue bit, could you select it and just recolour it pink? It looks like it could blend in well with the actual pink dress!

Thanks for the comments Marsha, I will have to have a look and see if I can do that. Pleased you like the pic. (y)

Hi Michael, the last one for me, she's a cheeky little fairy :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Blimey, sorry Michael seems I haven't visited for ages

Shiny - The colour shot for me, the red splash on the toaster is spot on !!!

Magical - Ahhhhhh waht a great set, My fav facial expression is on no:2 but for all round liking, No:3 for me is great, I bet she loved the session too (y)

Back