weekly Michael23's 2012 52 COMPLETED! WooHoo! Slide show added

I like selective but I don't think this image lends itself well so I prefer the colour version of the two (y)

His tale on the theme, I also have to go for the colour one, for the same reasons.

I like selective but I don't think this image lends itself well so I prefer the colour version of the two (y)

Thanks Gramps and Darren, the more I look at it the more I am agreeing with you! I am liking the colour version more now. It looked really good at the end of processing :LOL: At least it gave me some more practice at pp :)

Been having a look though your thread and realised I missed some pictures.

Your second fear shot is really good, I love the way you have processed it so the eye really stands out.
The train shot is my preferred one on industry you have really caught the bad weather well and the black and white adds to that imo.
I also like the processing on the bag of root veg although I have to say I think for composition the last carrot photo wins my vote :)
Homemade I prefer the the full colour version which does the blanket more justice and allows the texture to show though.

Hi Michael, playing catch up with a few of your images.

Industry - love this shot, the b&w suits this image so well, good shot for a compact too.

Root - pic no.3 for me fella, love the colouring on it.

Handmade - preference to the full colour version, again cracking colours captured well, pin sharp too.

Hi Michael,

Loving the colour version, like the way we can see the texture of the wool and the subtle details like the flecks of colour in the blue yarn. For me the colours make the shot and the red catches the eye and draws me in. Nicely done.

Carol

Been having a look though your thread and realised I missed some pictures.

Your second fear shot is really good, I love the way you have processed it so the eye really stands out.
The train shot is my preferred one on industry you have really caught the bad weather well and the black and white adds to that imo.
I also like the processing on the bag of root veg although I have to say I think for composition the last carrot photo wins my vote :)
Homemade I prefer the the full colour version which does the blanket more justice and allows the texture to show though.

Hi Ruth, thanks very much for popping by. Thanks very much for your thoughts. I was very pleased with the fear shot, and is one of my fave pics of the year so far. The veg worked out quite well, as did the blanket. Pleased you like the pics.

Hi Michael, playing catch up with a few of your images.

Industry - love this shot, the b&w suits this image so well, good shot for a compact too.

Root - pic no.3 for me fella, love the colouring on it.

Handmade - preference to the full colour version, again cracking colours captured well, pin sharp too.

Hi Simon, thanks for the catch up. Pleased you like the pics, the compact is my Panasonic fs10, not bad for a £80 camera. It can produce some really good pics, and this was one of them, helped along by the b+w conversion.
I used my 50mm 1.8 at f8 for the blanket, I am very pleased I added that lens to my kit bag.

Hi Michael,

Loving the colour version, like the way we can see the texture of the wool and the subtle details like the flecks of colour in the blue yarn. For me the colours make the shot and the red catches the eye and draws me in. Nicely done.

Carol

Hi Carol, thanks for popping in and commenting. Pleased you like the it. I tried many different options with the red in a different part of the frame, but this was the best.

I'm another fan of the full colour version. It's tack sharp with amazing detail.

Isn't it scary how fast our kids grow up?

Hiya Marsha, it is indeed, only seems like yesterday she was a baby in our arms. Pleased you like the blanket shot.

The colour version for me too. The first shot doesn't look like a blanket at all more like an alien landscape.

Thanks for the comment Phil, pleased you like it (y)

Another vote for the full colour image for Handmade... particularly given it's back story. It has a much warmer and cosier feel to it. I like it, and it fits the theme.

Yes, colour for me too Michael. The greys blend into one too much in the other one, and I don't think the selective colour adds anything.

Great shot; I love the detail!

Thanks for the replies everyone. Much appreciated. (y)

Perfectly on theme but I dont think the selective colour works on this so for that reason, second one's the winner :)

Yes, colour for me too Michael. The greys blend into one too much in the other one, and I don't think the selective colour adds anything.

Great shot; I love the detail!

Colour for me too. I think this would be nice a bit closer as well.

Time for a catch-up...

Sweet - much prefer the b&w packets of chocolates, really nice shot. The oranges seem a bit over-processed to me.

Secure - more good shots, I really like the dimpled effect on the surface and it's obviously a cashbox even though it's b&w and mostly unseen.

Industry - not keen on the food industry link, as per the other comment about the link being a bit tenuous. The train shot works well though.

Root - I really like the selective colouring but think it may have been more on theme to have a root vegetable in amongst some non-root vegetables.

Handmade - could be worth putting it into some kind of context? Couple of knitting needles or something?

What an amazing start to the year you've had Michael, I love you selective coloured roots (y) very nice :clap: I'm sure your enjoying the challenge and best of luck for the rest of the year I'll endeavor to call in on a regular basis (y)

Matt

Both versions are nice but I prefer the coloured one.

(y)

A real nice blanket, nice story & a couple of real nice Pics... I too prefer the Colour Image, some great colours there, a shame to hide them (y)

(y)

Time for a catch-up...

Sweet - much prefer the b&w packets of chocolates, really nice shot. The oranges seem a bit over-processed to me.

Secure - more good shots, I really like the dimpled effect on the surface and it's obviously a cashbox even though it's b&w and mostly unseen.

Industry - not keen on the food industry link, as per the other comment about the link being a bit tenuous. The train shot works well though.

Root - I really like the selective colouring but think it may have been more on theme to have a root vegetable in amongst some non-root vegetables.

Handmade - could be worth putting it into some kind of context? Couple of knitting needles or something?

Good ideas there about adding a none root vegetable and adding some knitting needles might well work with it, I don't have any to try though :LOL:

What an amazing start to the year you've had Michael, I love you selective coloured roots (y) very nice :clap: I'm sure your enjoying the challenge and best of luck for the rest of the year I'll endeavor to call in on a regular basis (y)

Matt

Hi Matt, thanks very much for popping by, I know how busy you are with your 366! Thanks for the compliments. I am enjoying it indeed (y)

Hiya Michael,

I hope you are keeping well my sweetie

I've spent a bit of time catching up on your 52 for this year. If I may be honest, I think you are either slightly distracted or not in tune with the themes :thinking:

Last year you hit the nail on the head just about every week. However something seems to be missing this year. Please don't take that as a negative, it is just an observation on my part.

There are however some shots that I think are ACE and that is the whole purpose of the 52 (as I am sure you are already aware).

You have produced some fab shots and I look forward to keeping track of your progress throughout the year.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Hi Michael..

love the PP to the crisp packet (y)

Handmade...all color version for me ( odd cos I usually prefer SC :thinking:) A needle...crochet or knitting ...would've been the icing on the cake...but yup . on theme mister...nice shot (y)

is it just me....or is this challenge harder this year ?????

Hiya Michael,

I hope you are keeping well my sweetie

I've spent a bit of time catching up on your 52 for this year. If I may be honest, I think you are either slightly distracted or not in tune with the themes :thinking:

Last year you hit the nail on the head just about every week. However something seems to be missing this year. Please don't take that as a negative, it is just an observation on my part.

There are however some shots that I think are ACE and that is the whole purpose of the 52 (as I am sure you are already aware).

You have produced some fab shots and I look forward to keeping track of your progress throughout the year.

Cheers

Dawn :)

HIya Dawn, thanks for popping by, glad to see you back (y) Nothing taken in a negative way at all, it's been an awkward start to the this year and I agree I have probably not been in tune with the themes as much as I would like, maybe I am having a bit of warm up :LOL: Not been too well either which is most probably the main reason. Nothing seems to let up. There are certainly pics I am very pleased with from this year already, which is a good sign.

Hi Michael,

I like the first root shot.
The PP makes a dull crisp packet interesting.

Hiya Neil, thanks for the comment, much appreciated.

Hi Michael..

love the PP to the crisp packet (y)

Handmade...all color version for me ( odd cos I usually prefer SC :thinking:) A needle...crochet or knitting ...would've been the icing on the cake...but yup . on theme mister...nice shot (y)

is it just me....or is this challenge harder this year ?????

HIya Lynne, I agree, it does seem harder for some strange reason! I think its the fact we worked so hard at it last year and set ourselves a bar, and now we are striving to better it.
I will get round to making sure I have commented on the other threads during the course of this week, when I am hopefully feeling better.

Everyone is doing a grand job of there projects so far and I thank everyone for there support.

(y)

Michael, I agree with previous posters and prefer the colour version for Handmade -- I don't think the SC is necessary, the red is strong enough as is.

Root - I think your SC mask for the carrots has bled into the background, especially noticable in #3. I'm going to check your Flickr and see if you've got a full colour version posted somewhere, as I'm curious to see what it would look like.

Not sure if I am going to be able to get anything else done for this one, so I am going to go with the following pic. Quite pleased with it, just wish I had an external flash gun to bounce the light, this was done with the built in flash. Gone for black and white as I couldn't really get a colour balance I was happy with.

Week 9, Money by scilly puffin, on Flickr

Hi Michael well I'm playing catch up again for your handmade shot I think I prefer the full colour shot as I think the red on its own is too in your face
Money well it is a top pic I like the way the eye drawn to the end set of coins

Well done and keep going
Chris

I like the DOF on the money pic the first pile really stands out.

Michael, very nice exposure bias and diminishing depth of field. I like the reflections on the wood but feel your image may benefit from a slightly lighter background or a little black-grey graduation. That said, in no way should that detract from a very pleasing image (y)

I like that. Very simple, bang on theme, and nice DoF :)

Handmade. I really can't decide if I like the SC or not...I keep :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

The colour one is nice, though. I like the colours and detail in the fibres.

Money, nice and simple and b&w works well. I'd like to see a tad less reflection on the coins, though.

Cheers.

Hi everyone, thanks for the great comments, pleased you all like the pics.
Andy, have decided I like both version for handmade, though the full colour version made it to the flickr group.
Backgrounds, I keep looking out for some decent material to get to give me a nice clean background, but not really had chance to find anything yet.
I was quite pleased with the outcome of the onboard flash, it could have perhaps been diffuesed with something, but I just didn't think sbout it this time round.

Hi Michael well I'm playing catch up again for your handmade shot I think I prefer the full colour shot as I think the red on its own is too in your face
Money well it is a top pic I like the way the eye drawn to the end set of coins

Well done and keep going
Chris

I like the DOF on the money pic the first pile really stands out.

Focus is spot on and great use if DOF

Michael, very nice exposure bias and diminishing depth of field. I like the reflections on the wood but feel your image may benefit from a slightly lighter background or a little black-grey graduation. That said, in no way should that detract from a very pleasing image (y)

I like that. Very simple, bang on theme, and nice DoF :)

Handmade. I really can't decide if I like the SC or not...I keep :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

The colour one is nice, though. I like the colours and detail in the fibres.

Money, nice and simple and b&w works well. I'd like to see a tad less reflection on the coins, though.

Cheers.

I love your MONEY shot the reflection and DOF make it special its also great that you got down low.

hi Michael
Money - good idea, well executed. Good choice of b&w in this instance and the inbuilt flash seems to be a winner because of the creaTIONOF THE LIGHT STRAIGHT LINES ON THE COINS REFLECTED INTO THE TABLE. (excuse caps)

If I could type I would be able to comment on about 200% more posts in the same time.:D

Back