weekly micpic87's 52 for 2017 - Week 03 Added

A great band and great song. I only saw them once (1981 / Iron Fist tour) it's a real shame that Lemmy passed this year.

Considering that the background hasn't been lost I think I would have gone with a higher f stop than 1.8, to keep the whole bike in sharp focus.
Good start to your 52 :)

Thanks both!

A great band and great song. I only saw them once (1981 / Iron Fist tour) it's a real shame that Lemmy passed this year.

Considering that the background hasn't been lost I think I would have gone with a higher f stop than 1.8, to keep the whole bike in sharp focus.
Good start to your 52 :)

Yes I totally agree. Noticed this as soon as I got the images imported on the computer. The light was dropping quickly and I was having to stand in the middle of a relatively busy road for the shot so was rushing a little. Still, at least I have another 52 chances to improve ;)

Reactions: LC2
certainly fits the theme and song title, I once went shopping for socks with Lemmy :wideyed:

Great photo of your motorbike, good light and fits the theme! If I had to be overly critical I'd say you should have removed the rubbish on the front edge of the grass in front of both wheels...

Hi Mike. Nice interpretation for the theme. Love the DoF making the bike stand out from the bg. Welcome to the club,.

Thanks all for the comments! Should hopefully have my Week01 pic up shortly...

Nicely done Mike - like the plain white bg as well as the simple composition and vibrant colour of the pencils.

Serious looking bike. I think the dof is just right: she stands out well from the BG whilst we can still clearly see the BG.

Nice alignment, all the prime colours and a good clear background with grounding shadows, splendid Mike (y)
:agree:

Nice, simple idea and an eye-catching image as a result. I'm glad you didn't use cups.

A very nice, vibrant shot. The arrangement and background add to it and the exposure looks spot on too. Nice one, Mike.

Thanks all! Was quite pleased how it came out as this was plan b after my first idea really just wasn't working

Simple but effective Mike .... I think it might take a slight colour boost just to give it that extra bit of vibrancy.

I did have a play with boosting the colours to make the pencils 'pop' a little more from the background but just felt it looked a little to unnatural for my liking. Probably says more about my pp skills than the idea though ;)

Nice, simple idea and an eye-catching image as a result. I'm glad you didn't use cups.

After seeing the quality of your shot so am I (y)

Nice and simple, I'm glad you didn't go for a shallow DoF but kept it all sharp.

I like the simplicity of the image.
I have a question on the background though. It has come out grey. Was it actually 18% grey, or white?
2 seconds in PS setting the white point turned the background white without losing the vibrancy, so that might be something to look at in PP.

Song title - picture definatley fits your song choice great start
Order - Simple but effective good colours
Comfort - Very true and nice picture

Good thinking ... comfort and hairy both different. (y)

Back