weekly Minx 52 for 2018

Great photo and right on theme! Well controlled reflections, great colours, and your family showed great restraint that a week after easter there's still so much left :)

Nice shot for oval Alison, good job setting it up

Oval
Looks tasty, I could eat them all.
Good colours and well controlled lighting.

Hi Alison,

Heavy - Certainly very heavy, I think the snow adds to the effect too
Wet - The first image reminds me of a swamp but the snow is a little blown so the pick for me is the swan, nice reflection
Juxtaposition - I think you have it right for the theme, nice dof with the bg out of focus
Oval - Well done good black bg and you did well with keeping the reflections down and best of all edible props

:D

How very 70s not seen one of them for a while, plenty of straight lines there

Clever idea for straight! I like the colours and floorboards (y)

Hi Alison,
Juxtaposition - I can see a couple of contrasts here, such as big/small, plain/colourful, so I think it fits the theme pretty well.
Oval - a really nice range of colours and sizes of eggs and you've done well to control the highlights and reflections of the wrappings. I hope you had fun eating your props :)
Straight - good idea! Lots of straight lines and the wooden background complements the colours of the thread in the picture (y)

Straight - haven't seen one of those for a long time, good choice for the theme

Clever idea for straight! I like the colours and floorboards (y)

Clever. And I do like that BG.

Straight - good idea! Lots of straight lines and the wooden background complements the colours of the thread in the picture (y)

Those floorboards have a story of their own they were the floorboard of our old Scout Hut which we had to vacate and there is now a block of flats on the site. We saved some of the floor boards and one of our ex-members built us two storage boxes from them, The background is the lid of one of the storage boxes in our new Scout HQ.

Straight - haven't seen one of those for a long time, good choice for the theme
How very 70s not seen one of them for a while, plenty of straight lines there

My parents used to make Nail art pictures similar to this and sell them at the Schools Bazaar that was many moons ago, This is an embroidered version and will be the front of a Birthday card for my Mum

Yet again more evidence of what we do to the landscape very unattractive indeed

Those floorboards have a story of their own they were the floorboard of our old Scout Hut which we had to vacate and there is now a block of flats on the site. We saved some of the floor boards and one of our ex-members built us two storage boxes from them, The background is the lid of one of the storage boxes in our new Scout HQ.

Great idea; nice to have something of the old building in the new one (y)

My parents used to make Nail art pictures similar to this and sell them at the Schools Bazaar that was many moons ago, This is an embroidered version and will be the front of a Birthday card for my Mum

I remember my Mum and Nana making those Nailart pictures back in the 70s and 80s so it took me right back when I saw it. Great idea to make a card for your Mum.

Shadow
I'm not sure what it is, but it looks good and fits in nicely with the theme.

Unattractive - very unattractive indeed nice find for the theme.

Shadow - I really like that great take on the theme.

Hi Alison

Unattractive - Spot on. Looks almost man-made, the shape of it.
Shadow - As others have said, a different, unexpected take on the theme, but spot on.
I didn't notice the spots until I read Dave's comment.

Thank you for taking the time to comment

not sure how that was done ... but I like it. :)

Shadow
I'm not sure what it is, but it looks good and fits in nicely with the theme.

Very interesting shadow and the warm red tones are lovely. It looks Christmassy - is it from a lamp or something like that?

This is was a very simple set up I have a Mathmos Space projector which has an oil wheel this pojects light though the oil wheel onto walls or ceiling with an effect similar to a lava lamp.
images
(their promo image not mine) shadow by Alison White, on Flickr
It also has an attachment for a slide with a metal cut out to cast a silhouette shadow for which I have the fairy tale set
shadow by Alison White, on Flickr
just a slide with no colour wheel

Last edited:
oh no is a gruffa.......low
(ok its a shoe horn but I could not resist) very sunny day just right for a walk in the deep dark woods

gruffalo
by Alison White, on Flickr

Two good images nice separation of the BG on the forget me nots and quite a menacing Gruffalo there is one of these in Delaware forest usually covered in small children

Back