weekly Minx 52 for 2018

Two good images nice separation of the BG on the forget me nots and quite a menacing Gruffalo there is one of these in Delaware forest usually covered in small children

Thank you for your comment the flower although very similar to for-get-me-nots is speedwell I think. This weekend I will be taking a group of Beaver Scouts to see the Gruffalo so it will be covered in children the other characters from the story are also to be found along a short circular trail in the woods.

Lovely image for beautiful nice colours and great detail.

Gruffa low :LOL::LOL: great shoehorn that @Cobra would be proud of!

Shadow - very interesting photo, I like the idea
Beautiful - nice close up of the flower, great colours
Low - nice one, made me smile!

Beautiful is nice enough, I find the cobwebs a bit distracting.
Low is a really good take on the theme, made me smile too.

Gruff work for the theme and is actually quite clever.....is that Wendover woods perchance?

Straight - thats a lovely creative take on the theme, like the colours of the threads and plenty of straights to be seen in the image.
Unattractive - image works for the theme, certainly not a pretty site.
Shadow - a beautiful image and nice to read your further post about how the image was created, I like it all the elements work well together.
Beautiful - what a lovely image of those pretty and delicate Forget me knots, i would be tempted to clone out the wispy lines on the BG just to make the image stronger.
Low - looking at the image made me smile, not a bad take on the theme for a bit of a shoehorn.

Last edited:
Gruff work for the theme and is actually quite clever.....is that Wendover woods perchance?

Not Wendover Woods this one is the end of a small trail at Horsenden Hill in Ealing they have the other characters too.

Very summery shot, I like the bright colours. And certainly on theme.

Slight shame about the person in the way on the left hand edge but good summery photo

Lovely summery shot for Match Alison I like the bright colours and happy faces.

Alison

Beautiful, a pretty enough picture, good details in the stem and leaves, lovely colour to the flowers which contrast well against the OOF background.

Low, clever shoe horn, but the spot of blown out hightlights shows exposure could have been better, but a difficult one to get right as you would lose some shadow detail.

Match, shame about the obstruction on the left hand side, otherwise a pleasing picture in theme.

Pete

Have been AWOL for a while but back with a Splash will catch up slowly on comments and missed pictures

Splash

Splash
by Alison White, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back with a blinder, such an endearing capture of childhood innocence and fun, love it.:)

Welcome back, lovely photo for the theme, very nice and splashy

He's definitely having fun, and good to get some street :)
Some great detail, such as the soaked shirt sticking to him.
My only suggestion would be to crop a little off the top to remove the white bowl of the fountain.

Alison

Splash - what a fun shot, looks like you where a fraction of a second out with the boys hand in the jet of water which may have been an impossible task. Good exposure etc.

Pete

Alison

Round, fits the theme but too bright. On the second (orginal) again its too bright and not vertical either but an interesting find.

Rural, Nice image that reflects the theme, I like the metal fence which could have been used as interest (possible leading lines to wards the church) if taken from a different place. Adding some contrast would help. The tower is also not vertical which I have to assume is not right.

Pete

Back