weekly Minx 52 for 2018

Abundance - that certainly fits the theme, lots of nicely coloured buttons, the only bit I find distracting is the buttons that are in the small zip bags would be a stronger image if they weren't in the frame.

Soooooo many different types of buttons, and sooooo many jackets, coats and shirts missing one because they are all in your box!

Very colourful and perfect for theme

Lovely lot of buttons, nice colourful shot. Never thought of that, I have my Grandmas button tin (Its a foxes biscuit tin) which is full of buttons. Seems like lots of people have the same too:D

Just catching up with everyone's threads after getting my own up to date, and you've added some strong images since my last visit.

Sharp is spot on for the theme and - as you say - seasonal with the little heart cut out.
Thick - a lovely selection of snowy scenes for this one. I thought the first was perfect but then saw your others and #2 became my favourite because of the strong shadows cast by the tree branches (y)
Guard - shame you were thwarted by the security concerns at the barracks, but this is a decent substitute and also very seasonal with those icicles.
Abundance - as others have said, I too remember my Nana having a tin of spare buttons just like this, and I'm sure I have a few tucked away, Great idea for the theme and lots of colours and different shapes.

Thick - Beautiful image nicely composed but like Tim I think my favorite is the birds

Guard - Nicely done l love the icicles

Abundance - Lovely colours and lots of details I reminds me of my Nan's button box when I was little :)

Abundance - great collection of buttons, well arranged and good light (y)
Heavy - certainly fits the brief, looks heavy, but I wonder if there's a better composition in there...

Alison, Nice shot for heavy, good colour in the bushes and the snow is white.

Pete

the path on the first one looks a little blown out but I like the swan a nice reflection too

I like the idea of the millstone for Heavy, and the snow adds interest and contrast to the dark pieces of stones that are visible. Both images for Wet seem to fit the theme and I do like your composition in the first one, and the snow lying on the path/bridge, but I think the swan in the water is probably the best overall fit for the theme and there are some nice details in the feathers too (y)

I quite like the first one for Wet, something about the path leading you off, might not fit the theme perfectly but a great image I think nonetheless!

Alison,

The swan is the better looking Image, apart from the twig bottom left.

Pete

Hi Ali,

Heavy - The millstone certainly works and the snow adds contrast to it :)
Wet - I think I'm in the Swan camp too. The boardwalk is kinda interesting, but the Swan shot has an obvious subject and is well taken.

interesting idea, not sure I am totally getting it, but its such a bad theme well done for thinking of something different

HI Minx

Heavy - works for me the snow adds that something extra

Wet - Swan for me too lovely reflection of the swan in the water

Juxtaposition I think this as been one of those themes that everyone has looked up and found a different meaning I like your take its something a bit different

interesting idea, not sure I am totally getting it, but its such a bad theme well done for thinking of something different

My thought was that they are both worn in the wet and one keeps your feet wet and the other keeps them dry, A hike boot and a glamorous high heel would have been good but I don't do high heels

Last edited:
Juxtaposition .... I'm so confused, I don't know what Juxtaposition means any more. :D You've had a good crack at it. (y)

Heavy - a good capture of the old mill stone, certainly a heavy item.
Wet - another vote for the swan image from me.
Juxtaposition - not sure i get the connection, but well done for having a go at a tricky theme.

Juxtaposition is a difficult theme, so well done coming up with something. And I guess the shoes are different enough...

Really, really nit-picky comment is that the amount of space at the top is a feels a bit tight, BUT it is a very nicely lit and a good photo otherwise

Hello Minx.
My Area: Off to a good start minx, great detail against blue sky, looks even better on flickr.
Gates: Very nice capture, like the water seeping though, like 2# with the arch and walkway showing.
People: Another two good shots, like No2 better only because i like more detail.
Stark: On theme Alison with Stark contrast, but not sure what i feel about this image.Ps should have scrolled down, yes i like the coloured image.
Over: Yes very clever to think of this, like the colours, one of the best for the Over theme.
Aged: Like the aged tree, clear and sharp, good tree stump to find with bark breaking away.

Conti soon.....

Walter

Heavy, good shot, smack on theme.
Wet, I like the Swan shot best.
Juxtaposition, well composed and thought out works perfectly for the theme.
Oval, you have handled the composition and lighting very well, hope you did not eat the props all in one go!

Back