More Shoehorns, Cosplay and Steam from LC2 for 2020 : Week 52 - Decorate(d)

Very clever use of the signs to fulfill the technique Tim and I really like the composition of the picture. Greens are reproduced very well better than my Sony can which never seams accurate with them.
Small - I like both image but No 2 just takes it for me. Cleverly thought out and set up.

Signs - Works for me nice us of DoF and the platform as leading line.
Nicely done.
Small - no 2 my favourite with the toy look.

Signs - nice colours and country feel. Would have been even better if only a gent and lady had been getting off the train......
Nicely shoehorned train, Tim :D
And yes it works well for the tech too (y)
Hi Tim, nice signs, I like the way they are one above the other, nice greens on the building and the carriages.
Seems the TS Effect for Small is the winner and not my original choice.
The Signs shot took a fair bit of walking backwards and forwards, and positioning the camera to get the two signs like that along with the platform and carriages looking how I wanted.
I'm afraid, @Phil S, that in this socially distanced world we're in, everyone was off the train for cleaning at the destination (and had moved to the end with the loco to look at it). Access to the stations if you're not traveling isn't an option.
It's my old canon 5d3 @Baloo, no tweaking needed, the colour reproduction has always been good. it's my choice for non people photos.

Definitely works for the technique - the leading lines and colours are lovely. Stations still look very odd without people in them - it's going to take a while to get used to that...

The colours look great.. the open train door makes me think someone got caught short :LOL:

Very nice. Colours are lovely and on theme with technique.
I was about to type "gotta love Fuji colour science" then remembered it was with the 5d3 ;)
Definitely works for the technique - the leading lines and colours are lovely. Stations still look very odd without people in them - it's going to take a while to get used to that...
The train had a reasonable loading considering it was the first weekend back and people have to find out we are running again.
They were mainly at the other end of the platform watching the loco run round.
The colours look great.. the open train door makes me think someone got caught short :LOL:
Hehe. All doors were opened (and left open) by the station staff (gloves, disinfectant spray etc.) It's odd traveling on heritage stock like that.

That's a good old cast iron (I think) sign, the red and white contrasts well against the green

That's a good old cast iron (I think) sign, the red and white contrasts well against the green
Yup cast Iron, an original I believe.
Got to agree with the above, the greenery is a nice background to make the sign stand out.
I guess that's London and South West, is that on the Watercress?
Indeed, it's in the picnic area at Alresford.

I tried a few different angles / perspectives / distances, but this seemed the most pleasing.

Nice old sign a simple shot but well executed works well against the background

Great colours in Sign Tim nice and to the point. Great detail very eye catching

Nice mix of colours and textures.
Nice old sign a simple shot but well executed works well against the background
Great colours and detail on the sign. Very nice.
Great colours in Sign Tim nice and to the point. Great detail very eye catching
It's clear and precise, you will be prosecuted.
Nice colours Tim and the sign is well positioned in the frame.
That`s a cast iron shot Tim, reds and white with the green BG make it pop.
Cheers everyone. The old lumix doesn't do a bad job when called upon, and it's jpgs are pretty good for such an old beastie.

Is that a train seat? reminds me of the horrible scratchy London bus seats of my youth - makes me shudder! Plenty of pattern though, good job.

I like your pattern Tim at first I thought it was a computer screen.
Static, has it stopped for a drink? Unusual angle, I like the old lamp post in the background.

Looks pretty static to me, nice low angle looking up at it.
The angle is always there, but there isn't often a loco watering there.
Nice couple of shots - I actually rather like your pattern shot, and can almost feel the texture of the seat...
Nice comfy seats, not like modern ones.
I like your pattern Tim at first I thought it was a computer screen.
Static, has it stopped for a drink? Unusual angle, I like the old lamp post in the background.
Yes Clive, it was watering. The lamp posts are actually the station lights.

A good couple of photos.
I couldn't workout what your pattern shot was at first, then after a closer inspection, I worked out it was a material of some sort. I then read Flyphots' post and now it all makes sense.

Nice shots - I presume the barrel effect on the patterns is more the curve on the seat than lens distortion.

Hi Tim

I also had problem with the Pattern theme, but the patterns on train seats are hard to forget after sitting on them in decades gone by.

Static, an unusual perspective, but nothing wrong with it, looks like you are about to go into a bridge under the tracks to the station.

Pete

I could have sworn I commented before Tim :thinking:
Oh well...

Pattern. you even managed to shoe horn in a train related image. That's my boy (y)

Static. Nice angle on the drinking Loco Tis a bit of a shame about the sign post though, nothing that a hacksaw wouldn't sort out? :D
(But maybe Photoshop would be easier? :D )

Pattern is a pattern.. out of the 52 I'm sure there are plenty that don't exactly inspire me either :)

A good couple of photos.
I couldn't workout what your pattern shot was at first, then after a closer inspection, I worked out it was a material of some sort. I then read Flyphots' post and now it all makes sense.
It was a PABD and does lack context tbh. Also a bit train geeky, I was surprised/impressed Jim got it straight off the bat.
Really, you do surprise me :giggle:
A shocker I know, but there have to be some things I'm not an expert at ;)
you can almost see a train in the static pic :snaphappy:

both work well enough for the theme (y)
It was the unusual angle that drew me to the loco shot.
I know the feeling some weeks but there's nothing wrong with the Pattern shot. Maybe a slight adjustment of lens correction is all it needed to correct the barrel effect.

An unusual angle of a train shot from you for the static theme.
As @Phil S says, it's not barrel distortion, it's the shape of the seat back itself.
Nice shots - I presume the barrel effect on the patterns is more the curve on the seat than lens distortion.
(y)
Hi Tim

I also had problem with the Pattern theme, but the patterns on train seats are hard to forget after sitting on them in decades gone by.

Static, an unusual perspective, but nothing wrong with it, looks like you are about to go into a bridge under the tracks to the station.

Pete
You're correct, it's the bridge on one of the side roads just by the station. The ground falls away quite markedly.
I could have sworn I commented before Tim :thinking:
Oh well...

Pattern. you even managed to shoe horn in a train related image. That's my boy (y)

Static. Nice angle on the drinking Loco Tis a bit of a shame about the sign post though, nothing that a hacksaw wouldn't sort out? :D
(But maybe Photoshop would be easier? :D )
I did ponder removing the sign, but CBA ;)
Pattern is a pattern.. out of the 52 I'm sure there are plenty that don't exactly inspire me either :)
It's tough isn't it sometimes.

I'm not lensist :p
A nice contrasty image Tim.

Graceful

I think the lens choice works here. It's a good looking shot and the processing works well.

I like the lens Tim, nicely processed, it's very striking.
Nice black and white portrait with a very graceful pose too. I would never think of using a Lensbaby for a portrait.
I'm not lensist :p
A nice contrasty image Tim.
Good and contrasty shot Tim, who hates such a lovely lens.
Graceful

I think the lens choice works here. It's a good looking shot and the processing works well.
Seems not everyone hates the lensbaby then :)
I did think it worked nicely, giving a different effect to the sharp 35mm f/2

Back