weekly Naka's 52 for 2016: Week 17 - Rough

Morning Naka

I like your shot for dangerous love the composition, with the subtle lighting. The B&W conversion really suits it

Hi Naka

Good image for Dangerous - as others have said, it's perfectly on theme and the overall dark tones to the picture work well. However, I do think the main area of attention - the knife and hand would benefit from a bit more light. That would throw a bit more contrast between the rest of the image (her body, curtains etc.) being dark and the knife and hand jumping out a bit more. Two ways to do this: either with a complicated lighting setup, or exposure the whole image a bit brighter and then use a radial filter or an adjustment brush in lightroom or whatever post processing package you use (if indeed you use one) to darken the rest of the area back to what you have.

Just my 2p but it's still a good take - well thought out good composition.

Hi Naka

Good image for Dangerous - as others have said, it's perfectly on theme and the overall dark tones to the picture work well. However, I do think the main area of attention - the knife and hand would benefit from a bit more light. That would throw a bit more contrast between the rest of the image (her body, curtains etc.) being dark and the knife and hand jumping out a bit more. Two ways to do this: either with a complicated lighting setup, or exposure the whole image a bit brighter and then use a radial filter or an adjustment brush in lightroom or whatever post processing package you use (if indeed you use one) to darken the rest of the area back to what you have.

Just my 2p but it's still a good take - well thought out good composition.

Thanks for that breakdown pjm. I See what you mean about separating the hand and knife from the rest. And I use photoshop.

Abandoned - I like the processing you have used. How sad that it has been completely shut, all that opportunity for kids to have fun. Could they not just have removed whatever it was that caused the accident.

Camouflage - well done on using the extension tubes, can be tricky. I like the detail in the wings.

Dangerous - Certainly looks dangerous! As others have said it feels a little dark. I like the hand being in silhouette though, maybe if there had been a bit more light coming in the window you could have got a bit more contract between the window and the hands.

Not great but I didn't have any ideas to be honest.

25123245972_58902644b3_z.jpg
[/url]

It is a struggle sometimes to get inspiration Naka but this meets the theme ok. Highly topical and set I'm afraid to remain like that for many months to come.

Certainly on theme and adding the coffee cup gives it a bit more interest

It is a struggle sometimes to get inspiration Naka but this meets the theme ok. Highly topical and set I'm afraid to remain like that for many months to come.
This weeks' and camouflage have tested me Carl. And I try not to look at others before I get an idea.

Certainly on theme and adding the coffee cup gives it a bit more interest
Fits the theme Naka and the dull tones fit the subject well.
Thank you.

Works for me Naka I like the subtle tones n the images and the mug of coffee add interest too

Gratz on getting there first with week 9.
Nice saturation, beautifully sharp yet a nice blurred background.
You could see this picture on an easter card (!) couldn't you... Quick, stick a copyight over it before someone nicks it!!!
:clap:

Love the colour and bang on theme. Super quick on the draw weren't we? :clap:

Very good almost looks like a painting, really good colours against a the neutral background

Thank you thank you!! [emoji5]
LC2 how do you copyright? [emoji15]
Carl, I took it before I saw the new theme. It was purely for pleasure but I figured why not.
sirch and wallyboy the background was some stones, very handy indeed!

Hi Naka

Dangerous ... I like the dark Hitchcockiness
Topical ... I like @susiejb 's comment "Fits the theme Naka and the dull tones fit the subject well" :ROFLMAO:
The Living World ... nice one (y) I like the POV, the lighting, colour and OOF BG.

Thanks susiejb [emoji5]
Lol to dull tones d00d. I'm not one for politics I'm afraid, I have my reasons. Thank you for the comments.

Naka Hi, liking your idea for the Topical theme, paper and a brew how the nation wakes up. The Living World, perfect, my kind of colours and nicely captured.

Thank you purplepleaser. I was lucky to have a newspaper to hand. I did have another idea so was covered.
I'm glad the living world went down well. I think I got it looking pretty much exactly how I envisioned it.

I may do another photo for this theme.
I don't see why, it fits the theme and is very well processed, just like a painting (y)

Hi Naka

Topical - The lack of depth / perspective actually works for me as DOF helps guide the eye. It's all quite mid-tone but, again, for what is becoming a bit of a tedious news item, that also works in a funny kind of way. :) Lighting is good and feels very natural!
Natural World - good shot and nice colours. I agree a bit with DK in that the even number of flowers just doesn't quite sit as well as 3 might, but it's a minor thing for me. Slight softness about the further away flower but again, not a killer. I do think cropping in a bit from the top might strengthen the image a bit, though.

Thanks for expanding on the living world one Paul. I had forgotten about the three thing. I did try focusing on the back flower and doing focus stacking but didn't quite work out. I was pushed for time taking the photos (little one).

Camo - different and technically challenging - well done !

Dangerous, yes it certainly is - a string and thought proving image - the PP definitely adds to it also

Topical - A lot of people struggled, me included, but bang on theme :)

Living World - what a nice image - beautiful colours and looks almost painting like - nice !

Lovely image Naka great colours and agree it has a nice paintaly quality too it

Back