Nostromo TP52 (2018) Week 51/2 : Party/Showcase

The arrangement looks like hieroglyphs, but hammer and feathers tick the box! Good exposure and detail!

Juxtaposition nice take on the theme I quite like the layout you've used.

Thick: i imagine the capture would be a hard shot to get right, but they look brillant with great
detail and colours. all good, would pick No 2 if i had to.

Abundance: Like No1 another good shot and nice textures.

Heavy: Very clever idea and well taken shot.

Wet: says photo no longer available!!

Juxtaposition: Again nice details.

Walter

Last edited:
Wk 13- Oval

I took a trip to Cosford RAF museum on Friday and found a couple of items that fitted the theme for this week. I've gone with this one, i'm not sure what the plane was (i should have reads the information board).

untitled-50.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Love this shot, a DH Comet.
You have captured its most distinctive feature very well. Fits the theme perfectly.

Last edited:
Looks like a Nimrod (based on the Comet), those engines in the wing structure are quite distinctive.:geek:. Plenty of Ovals and really suits the mono, good photo.

Blimey, never saw plane like that before, It's certainly got Ovals. :)

Looks like a Nimrod to me. Another fantastic old plane in use to fairly recently.

Cropped tight and good depth of focus, plenty of scuffy detail, works well in grey and white.

Pete

As others have said, that's either a de Havilland Comet, or it's military counterpart, the Nimrod. The engine cowlings built into the wings are unmistakable.
Loving the way you've filled the frame like that, that really is a nice image (y) B&W suits it.

@d00d, you unlikely to have seen any in use as they date from the 60's and the civilian versions had a habit of falling out of the sky. They did revolutionise air travel though.

Great photo for oval, great crop nice detail of a plane, B&W works well. I guess the engines were too dark to get any detail?

Juxtaposition - fits the theme and some good detals
Oval - interesting find for the theme I like the crop

Hi Dominic

It has straight lines in it, so fits the theme for me. Think the B&W works better than if it was in colour. I think the background vegitation is too obvious, a bit more blur might suit the Image better.

Pete

Fits the theme for me as Susie says above they are all lined up, I like it

I like it for the theme, straight as in lined up, works for me

Oval - RAF Cosford what a great place to visit, i must go back again to visit after looking at my RAF Cosford book its the De Havilland Comet 1XB located in Hanger 1 XM823, its a great image for the theme those engines are massive so those ovals are pretty massive.
Straight - It does fit the theme just not sure that it is really working for me.

Hi Dom

Wet - Looks great on Flickr. Great contrast and reflection
Juxtaposition - Certainly a contrast and great detail
Oval - two for the price of one :D interesting overall shape and works well in B&W
Straight - another one that works well in B&W and they are definitely all lined up, well spotted

I like it! different barrows - or their handles mostly - roughly lined up. :)

Straight - works for me plenty of interest with the different barrow lined up against the fence. THe B&W conversion works for me

Great photo, I think it fits the theme! Nice collection of wheelbarrows.

Wk 15- unattractive

This is from a resent trip to Birmingham's custard quarter.
I have tried and tried again to get this flickr link to show, but it just won't.

untitled-285 by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Last edited:
It's well seen and does the job but as I have mentioned on some other threads I don't find these bright colourful photos very unattractive, probably just me, may be grungier processing?

It's well seen and does the job but as I have mentioned on some other threads I don't find these bright colourful photos very unattractive, probably just me, may be grungier processing?
You're right, bright and colourful isn't really the way to go. As a photo it probably works (well in my opinion :)). It looked right in my head when I first edited it, but now upon reflection, grunge would have improved it for the theme. :)

Good find for the theme Dominic works well I do agree maybe a grungier processing would make it more unattractive

I really want to get up to the custard factory and surrounding area as it's only just up the road

Nice find (y) I thought about doing something similar, but wasn't in the mood for visiting such places.

Back