overbez's 52 in 2023... Completed....

I believe the plant is a Rhus Sumach (my favourite tree) the newly emerged leaves are great as you've shown but just wait for those autumn colours.
I'm not totally sure about the tone of the green background, it's a bit dominant for my liking.

Lovely and sharp where it needs to be. I like the composition giving sharp and bright with the lines going down and across to soft and dark.

Lovely and sharp where it needs to be. I like the composition giving sharp and bright with the lines going down and across to soft and dark.

Cool shot and actually like the lighting how it goes round the gear stick/knob.

Lovely clean image and a good conversion to black and white

Thank-you. The light is natural, the challenge was dealing with reflections on the knob and on the gloss black trim.

I tried to get a tripod in but couldn't, so was handheld while holding bits of black paper to shade the problem areas!

It was mostly b&w anyway, but I converted it and added a tiny bit of blue to the shadows.

Lovely and sharp, works well in mono and perfectly on theme. Top image I'd say.

Good use of DOF to isolate the Knob, nice mono conversion.

Yep - that's a knob. And a nice mono.

Good use of DOF to isolate the Knob, nice mono conversion.

For a gear knob, that one looks good.

Yep - that's a knob. And a nice mono.

Lovely looking knob you have there!

Thanks all, aluminium so nice and reflective. The curve of the light round the top of it was mostly there naturally, but had some missing bits possibly due to light through windows or pillars blocking it, so I had a curved piece of black paper held above to neaten that out.

Nice pov and inclusion of the OOF background. Works well for the theme.

YAY Danbo! :)

Nice one :)

Amazon, still not using Hermes/Evri, thankfully

@Boots , @Adamcski , @n1kcy... Many thanks

@-Oy- wasn't sure if anyone would 'get' Danbo, cheers :)

@ShinySideUp , Amazon posting via RM is an interesting juxtaposition maybe...

@Allan.H , thanks Allan. Appreciate your comments.

@nog , thanks. I was lazy with the stamp... His letter is about the size of a stamp so had to add the stamp with PS after. (I could have photographed one myself but grabbed an image off the web).

Last edited:
Great picture that made me laugh. That looks like a shiny new letter box.

It's a great shot on a few different levels Graham. I stuck trying to decipher what it says on the letter though...

Good idea and the angle adds interest.
I hope that letter makes it to Japan.

@Disney93 , @HelenC , @seaodyssey , @Cloudforest , @Peter123

Many thanks all.

@Darkslinger thanks Bill, it's addressed to his Uncle John in Japan, Apartment 12, South Street. A hastily scribbled, fictitious address.

I like to imagine Danbo as a young box robot / boy, sometimes alone and away from home, trying to make sense of a big world...

Oh now that's just NOT fair!!! Just waiting for the Paul/Fury fight to start, and now I want/NEED that food!!!!!

Nice shot! :)

Nice shots Graham, makes my stomach growl just looking at them.

Great image.. for some reason I'm hungry again ;)

Thanks Gav. Mission accomplished.

Oh now that's just NOT fair!!! Just waiting for the Paul/Fury fight to start, and now I want/NEED that food!!!!!

Nice shot! :)

Thanks Dave. Glad it had that effect on you. Sorry though

Nice shots Graham, makes my stomach growl just looking at them.

Thanks Bill. Hopefully mouths watering.

Nice set of shots and collage layout. Ever thought of becoming a product photographer?

Thanks for the vote of confidence Stan. I've not, but I've watched a couple of videos on them and it's never as easy as it looks.

I actually ended up making another round of toast and frying another couple of eggs to eat for dinner and throwing the photographed ones as they went cold.

Think I set myself a tough challenge with the different elements and the timings required.

Back