weekly -OY-'s Weekly 52 thingie for 2018 - Week 52 : Showcase (Complete)

Thanks for the comments folks :)

Great facial expression and I really like your stripy wallpaper :)

Never been that keen on selective colour but I do like a good malt and you have done the selective colour well, so I'll let you off :) and it's a great idea for the theme.

Everything this man says is true.......(apart from me liking Whiskey)

Hi Dave

The only problem with the Straight Image is the glass is not big enough.

Pete

Everything this man says is true.......(apart from me liking Whiskey)

Ta - but there's no "E" in MY whisky haha!

Clever idea and good use of selective colouring. Like the look on your face, I assumed it was you :) :beer:The whisky looks a bit red though.

Thanks - it is indeed me :) Its quite a dark Whisky - but yeah the flash has reddened it somewhat.

Hi Dave

The only problem with the Straight Image is the glass is not big enough.

Pete

Can't argue with that :)

Straight
Not normally a fan of selective colour, but this works pretty well and it's a good composition.

Juxta - the light and dark connection works for me and not a bad image from an Iphone.
Oval - cracking image, cant add much more to what's already been said.
Straight - a well composed sharp image for the theme, not to keen on the SC for this particular image.

Hi Dave,

Juxtaposition - Second image for me, has much more life about it with the bar bg
Oval - Nice one, well timed as it came through the tunnel
Straight - I think the selective colour works well in this shot. Don't think full colour or mono would have been as good. Like the sideways look too

:D

Thanks all :)

Week 15 : Unattractive

"Portrait of a Train Spotter"

i-zm88dF3.jpg

Good picture and theme interpretation, I hope he is not also a photographer doing the 52 challenge :)

Certainly on theme I suppose, an interesting character, nice portrait, very sharp and excellent conversion

Wow, that's a great portrait! I'd say 'character'... (y)

Good picture and theme interpretation, I hope he is not also a photographer doing the 52 challenge :)

Oh I dunno - that would be cool :)

Certainly on theme I suppose, an interesting character, nice portrait, very sharp and excellent conversion

Ta - it’s the fabulous Nikon 85mm F/1.4G :)

Unattractive - Great capture nicely composed and converted.

Thanks - a bit of a grab shot but it worked out well.

Unattractive
As others have said, a great portrait shot and conversion.

Tentative link to the theme, but a damn fine portrait nonetheless, great tones......

Ta folks :)

Here's this week's offering as I'm just back from 5 days in Scotland :)

THAT cottage in Glen Coe - "In the Shadow of the Mountain"

In the shadow of the mountain by Dave Green, on Flickr

Shoehorn require for that one, I think. But a very lovely image with the little white house at the bottom. :)

Shoehorn require for that one, I think. But a very lovely image with the little white house at the bottom. :)

Not intended as a shoehorn. As soon as I saw the theme and knew I'd be driving down Glen Coe the day after, this spot came into my head - and I took it specifically for the theme. :)

I have a few more obvious shots too tat I may add :)

Shadow
Looks good to me, I like the portrait orientation, it gives a good sense of scale.

Well I think it does fit the theme, just a slightly different interpretation! I cant imagine for one moment living there, the black and white certainly adds some atmosphere to the shot.

I think you can holiday in this cottage - it's not quite as remote as the photo suggests - just a couple of miles from civilisation.

Shadow
Looks good to me, I like the portrait orientation, it gives a good sense of scale.

Thanks - that's what I was going for :)

Here's a more obvious take on "Shadow" - this old sea dog is just that - it lives on a boat. Taken on the harbour in Mallaig.

i-d4fRmZM.jpg

Agree with Susie, it's not a shoe horn, it's a different interpretation of the theme from the majority. No less valid though.
I think it's a really good image. The mono processing suits it, the size of the mountains emphasise the smallness and remoteness of the house, and you've got a finger of snow/ice creating a leading line down to them. :clap:

Agree with Susie, it's not a shoe horn, it's a different interpretation of the theme from the majority. No less valid though.
I think it's a really good image. The mono processing suits it, the size of the mountains emphasise the smallness and remoteness of the house, and you've got a finger of snow/ice creating a leading line down to them. :clap:

Thanks Tim :)

Forget the dog, your first picture is perfect for shadow! What a composition and B&W works great!

Prefer the first shadow, doesn't feel like a shoehorn to me and a great sense of scale with the line of snow in the gill leading to the house.

Back