weekly -OY-'s Weekly 52 thingie for 2018 - Week 52 : Showcase (Complete)

Agree with Susie, it's not a shoe horn, it's a different interpretation of the theme from the majority. No less valid though.
I think it's a really good image. The mono processing suits it, the size of the mountains emphasise the smallness and remoteness of the house, and you've got a finger of snow/ice creating a leading line down to them. :clap:

As above, but maybe the colout version would work better ?

Love the dog shot, thats a cracker....

Week 17 - Beautiful

A beautiful moment for a beautiful couple. They get married next weekend. :)

i-tkgDJf3.jpg

Last edited:
Unattractive - lovely character portrait l
Shadow - I really like the first image its right on theme and the little white house stands out well.
Beautiful - you appear to have captured a very happy moment well done a beautiful image indeed

I like the different take on beautiful, good characterful photo

Shadow number one works for me and you split the crowd on if it fits the theme which is always good in my book :).

Thanks - someone once said that art should polarize opinion :)

Good shots for shadow Dave. Beautiful is a good shot showing the happy beautiful couple.

Ta :)

Unattractive - lovely character portrait l
Shadow - I really like the first image its right on theme and the little white house stands out well.
Beautiful - you appear to have captured a very happy moment well done a beautiful image indeed

Thanks for all three :)

I like the different take on beautiful, good characterful photo

Thanks - looking forward to photographing their wedding next weekend.

Different and it obviously means a lot to you, good interpretation

beautiful couple ... I'm sure they are. Very nicely caught. (y)

Hi Dave

Unattractive, he is. Nice details and captured at just the right moment and unaware of your camera.
Shadow, nice different take on the theme, portrait orientation adds greatly to the image, again nice tones and plenty of details. I like the way the snow is pointing towards the cottage.
Beautiful, it's beautiful seeing a couple holding hands and talking to each other rather than stuck in their phones. They are very sharp!.

Pete

Beautiful

A good different take on the theme. I would may be move the couple a little off center.

Thanks for the recent comments folks :)

*Fingers crossed tomorrow's theme is "Sitting in a Polling station bored out of your skull for 15 hours"

Beautiful. Nice well timed image. Love the facial expressions.

Thanks you :)

That's a lovely image and a different take on the theme; it really shows the connection between them and catches a moment of beauty. I'm sure they will treasure it.

Thanks - photographing the wedding tomorrow!

Shadow - First one may or may not be a shoehorn but if it is its a bl£$dy good one very nice indeed (I don't class it as a shoehorn just a very cleverly thought out idea!) And the second one is just perfect what a lovely image

Beautiful - Another great take on the the theme you've caught the moment perfectly

Low - Your on a roll Dave that's a cracker lovely colours and reflections

Thanks both :)

Morecambe never looked so good, not only is low tide a great subject for the theme ;), my shot for this week was pretty much a few miles the other side of the boat.

Beautiful - They look very happy Dave. Are you printing the image for them? I think they'd love it..

Hoping to be printing a few as I shot their wedding on Sunday! :)

Low - Fantastic colours. Reflections, Detail... Loving this shot.

Beautifull is nice, but I do like the colours and comp of your Low shot a lot, I think thats great.

Great shot for low, great colours

Great shot for low, great colours

Love the Low tide shot. Like the contrasting colours of the rusty yellow/red hull against the cloudless blue sky. Oh and the subtle reflections too.

And thanks too :)

Good idea, Dave! Strong contrasting colours from the blue sky and the yellow and green hull, balanced nicely by the reflections and ripples in the sand (y)

PS: hope the wedding shoot went well!

Cheers - and yes - despite the Bank Holiday bonkersness - it went very well ;)

Great colours and the reflection .. (y)

Thanks d00d

Fabulous Dave, everything looks perfect ...the composition, the reflection and the colour is superb.

And thank you too!

Hi Dave,

Unattractive - A little mean I think but a great portrait.
Shadow - Very dramatic, perfect in B&W and for the theme. Not sure I would want to live there though, looks very isolated especially in winter!
Beautiful - Well captured lovely moment
Low - Really like this one. Great composition and colours, love the reflection too

:D

Thanks both :)

Week 19 : Match

A couple of sheds at Didcot on Saturday.

i-TTnZk8W.jpg

Beautiful - nicely caught, very natural!
Low - Great colours and textures, and great reflection (y)
Match - yeah, a picture of some trains... :exit:

Back