weekly -OY-'s Weekly 52 thingie for 2019 - Week 52 : Out-takes and Year 2 Complete

Hi Dave ....catch up time.
Food .... Your bacon sandwich certainly looks tasty, that's just how my hubby likes his ... on the burn side :)
Smooth ... I loved it the minute I saw this one, its one I could look at all day, the light is wonderful and makes the shot such a real eyecatcher.
Above ... fits the theme perfectly, well spotted.

What a great image Dave!
I just love the little story unfolding here (hehe!)....is it dinosaurs or gift shop?
Either way he's out-voted two to one!:LOL:
Great capture Dave!(y)

Cheers Gareth :)

Hi Dave ....catch up time.
Food .... Your bacon sandwich certainly looks tasty, that's just how my hubby likes his ... on the burn side :)
Smooth ... I loved it the minute I saw this one, its one I could look at all day, the light is wonderful and makes the shot such a real eyecatcher.
Above ... fits the theme perfectly, well spotted.

Thanks for those! :)

Smooth - Definitely one for the wall there! Lighting is spot on.
Above - Nice candid shot. Again lighting is good. Nice Dave!

Above
Very good, the composition with the three of them works nicely. Right on theme too.

Smooth is a great image. Really like the sharpness of the rugged rocks contrasting against the smooth sea.

Above - nice idea. Works fine for theme and good opportunist shot

Great opportunistic capture Dave, really like it!!

Smooth and Above - both great ideas and well executed. I particularly liked smooth, which is interesting because I don't usually like the long exposure water on rocks thing, but considering the theme, this really worked for me. Above - one of those opportunities that must not be missed!

Smooth - Definitely one for the wall there! Lighting is spot on.
Above - Nice candid shot. Again lighting is good. Nice Dave!

Ta muchly :)

Above
Very good, the composition with the three of them works nicely. Right on theme too.

Cheers :)

Smooth is a great image. Really like the sharpness of the rugged rocks contrasting against the smooth sea.

Above - nice idea. Works fine for theme and good opportunist shot

Ta ;)

Well spotted, Dave. Good composition with their positions and odd numbers always work better than even.

Thanks - I'm a big fan of add numbers. :)

Great opportunistic capture Dave, really like it!!

Thanks you ;)

Smooth and Above - both great ideas and well executed. I particularly liked smooth, which is interesting because I don't usually like the long exposure water on rocks thing, but considering the theme, this really worked for me. Above - one of those opportunities that must not be missed!

Week 16 : Hot

Distant Terrapin basking in the Bank Holiday Sunshine. Pennington Flash.

Look at his likkle teefs!!!! :D

i-dNJsJTq.jpg

That Terrapin does look like its really enjoying the sun!. Good shot considering the very difficult lighting conditions.

Not something you see very often, light looks a little harsh

Ta - yes - full on blazing sun - and very HOT for April!

Yep that's some strong light you had there, you made the best of it though, it's a cracker!
Love the reflection too.
I wonder though, did you consider cloning out all those bits on the waters surface?! (Just kidding Dave :LOL: )

Ta - yes I did - for a nonosecond haha!

Good image for hot Dave, looks like he`s enjoying the hot sunny day.

Ta. Sure was - he was out on the rocks most of the afternoon :D

Not an easy shot to take being far away with strong daylight and so many reflections but you've captured the essence of the theme.

Hi Dave

Catching up on comments yet again.

Food & SOOC, Its making my mouth dribble, not good for you, but tastes fab. I like the light reflecting on all that tasty bacon.

Smooth, lovely light on the rocks and the smooth water over them, good job.

Above, not the most inspiring photo but it fits the theme well and well exposed etc.

Hot, ugly things, but exposure is good considering the conditions and the water, Nice reflections.

Pete

Thanks Pete :)

Nicely spotted and captured Dave. I bet those likkle teefs could give you a nasty little nip. So many people got rid of their turtles/terrapins once they'd bored of the Teenage Mutant Ninja faze

With the light and conditions it’s a decent shot for the theme, it’s marvellous that they can survive in the UK with our harsh winters sometimes

Yep that looks hot, I'd be going in the water for a cool down too! I like the reflections

Ta Carl - there’s about a foot of water and two feet of mud so I wouldn’t recommend it lol.

Nicely spotted and captured Dave. I bet those likkle teefs could give you a nasty little nip. So many people got rid of their turtles/terrapins once they'd bored of the Teenage Mutant Ninja faze

Cheers Ian. Not an uncommon sight round here. Quite a few in the canal too.

With the light and conditions it’s a decent shot for the theme, it’s marvellous that they can survive in the UK with our harsh winters sometimes

Thanks Chris

Yeah it does seem a challenging climate for them!

A very ominous sky with a nice strip of light breaking through, very epic

Light
It's Scotland, where did you find light from, surely it's been photoshopped ;). Seriously though, that's a cracking shot, the right light, a great moody sky and a lovely image.

WOW! Loads of drama in the sky and that light - stunning! :clap:

Ta :)

A very ominous sky with a nice strip of light breaking through, very epic

Than ks :)

A great atmospheric picture, stunning light(!)

Light
It's Scotland, where did you find light from, surely it's been photoshopped ;). Seriously though, that's a cracking shot, the right light, a great moody sky and a lovely image.

Thanks - We'd just been in the small cafe in Torridon so I asked the likkle old lady if she'd turn the lights on on yon mountain :)

Stunning image for light, a great shot and lovely moody sky and the light falling on the side makes it a cracker.

Thank you :)

That is so good Dave. What a fantastic, moody image. So much depth to it. Love the clouds and the spray of light. Nice one

Super light captured on that one, lovely shot :)

Stunning image Dave, the small patches of light on the mountain really stand out with the dark sky. This one is well worth printing and putting on your wall :)

That is so good Dave. What a fantastic, moody image. So much depth to it. Love the clouds and the spray of light. Nice one

Cheers Ian

Epic Scotland Dave ! The capture of the light through the clouds is just right. Love mood it portrays

Super light captured on that one, lovely shot :)

Stunning image Dave, the small patches of light on the mountain really stand out with the dark sky. This one is well worth printing and putting on your wall :)

Cheers Carl - I think I need more walls :)

Lovely mountain shot - so dramatic - looks as though a storm is coming on big time!

Brilliant shot for light Dave, perfectly timed!

Back