weekly Oy's Weekly Photo Thingiewotsit for 2023 : Week 52 : Fave of the year - Year Complete!

I love the look on the girl on the right,

Artifical: A terrific set of pics Dave. #3 is especially good.

Transparent: Well seen and framed. There's a story gpoing on in there!

Artifical: A terrific set of pics Dave. #3 is especially good.

Transparent: Well seen and framed. There's a story gpoing on in there!

Cheers Pete - maybe I can get a shot looking out of there for Snapper's Choice?

You've captured some excellent expressions there. The grubby window adds to the general demeanour!

Week 5 : Snapper's Choice & Juxtaposition tech.

Got this week's pic and the tech boxed off early at lunchtime today.

The tiny Glasson Dock Lighthouse is an unusual building, almost chapel-like in design. The lighthouse was built in 1836 to assist navigation into the dock and Lancaster Canal. It can be found by the lock gates leading into the inner basin of Glasson Dock.

Glasson Dock was once the largest port in the North West of England. Sugar, spices and cotton were imported here, as well as the slave trade.

Tech ticked with the surrounding modern clutter.

i-Q2g4gdd-X3.jpg

Last edited:
Great shot Dave. Really like the added interest of the working in bright colours.

I like a back story, fortuitous appearance from the man in orange and yellow.

Great shot - layers of interest from top to bottom!

That's a nice image, Dave. I like the contrasting old dirty white building against the boring corrugated cladded modern sheds. The bright orange buoys and the workman's bright clothing add some interest to the image.
Thanks Stan :)

Like the different points of contrast, really good.
Cheers Gary :)

That's an interesting building. Composition and content make it work beautifully for tech.

That is so cute... such a shame it's been overwhelmed. Nicely composed and exposed too..

Week 6 : Knob

We've been away for a three days to a lovely little country pub near Kirkby Stephen. Landscapes, Waterfalls, trains and some good grub!

Here's my breakfast in the pub yesterday morning - with a KNOB of butter :LOL:

i-SpXD7b7.jpg

You don't half suffer for you photos Dave. Mind you I prefer my bacon crispier.

Ah, now I see! Cunning!

A good take on the theme.

Makes me hungry!

I was about to put a similar picture up tomorrow and you’ve beaten me to it! I’ll have to be quicker next time!

Excellent picture!

Back