weekly Phil S 52 in 2020. Complete!

A lovely activity shot, is that long tailed and great tits?

And a couple of house sparrows :)

Nice shot for the theme Phil :)

A lovely activity shot, is that long tailed and great tits?
What a lot of ac-tit-ivity :) I think they must feed as families as my feeder either has none or lots, never one or two. Love long tailed tits.

The great tit looks like he's having a go at that one on the right. Nicely captured.
And a couple of house sparrows :)

Nice shot for the theme Phil :)
Lovely shot Phil and nice to see Long-tailed tits in the garden.

Thanks folks.

Week 38 Artificial

Paint job by Philip Stanley, on Flickr

Colourful lady with geranium matching hair sitting on artificial grass repainting her narrowboat. Leeds- Liverpool canal moorings above Bingley locks.

Lovely close up Phil (y)
And certainly Autumnal.

Nice shot and very autumnal :)

Autumn
Love the muted colour of the husk (they really are spikey) and the plain dark background.

Catching up on giving feedback

Liquid
Great timing, although I'm sure trial and error was involved. Are you triggering the camera remotely or did you have a helper for the pour. Good level of detail and works well in B&W

Household Item
Good control of the lighting, I'm always in two minds about created shadows.

Hidden
Well spotted, I invariably walk through the woods and only hear the birds but never capture them on camera!

Small
Great contrast with the background and well detailed catching the light.

Snappers Choice
Fantastic view with enough DOF to cover to the horizon

Mother Nature
Great idea and perfect timing. A great example of nature at work

Signs
When I see the words I keep thinking the N should have apostrophes either side.

Secure
I'm always jealous of something who can produce a knot that anything more than crossing over repeatedly. Did you consider a shot looking along the length of the boat?

Personal
Very apt given the ongoing pandemic, with elements that are now beginning to be discarded by some in society!! Can you explain the inclusion of the card?

Graceful
Great angles and a photo that has hidden depth.

Static
One of the cows has joined in on the theme!
Hard to tell, would the distant poles fit through the triangle created at the first pole if you moved to the left?

Patterns
Prefer the second image with it being more condensed

Camouflage
Well spotted, would be great if the man in the advert was looking to the right, great expression from the "extra”

Tiny
Great detailed shot, with the contrasting colours adding to it.

Snappers Choice
A well composed scene

Textures
Definitely looks like frog is anticipating its next move!
Nice level of detail and controlled lighting

Activity
You certainly get lots of action at the feeder!
Love the wing movement on the bird bottom right.

Artificial
Well spotted duplicated colours, it’s a pleasant scene

Autumn
Great level of detail, I didn’t realise that’s what what chestnuts were covered with. Are you shooting against a black background?

Lovely shot. Great colours and my eye is drawn to the kernel. Is it possibly technique too?
Yes it is artificially lit with LED lamps but have already posted one image with the technique.

Interesting photo, certainly grabs my attention!
Lovely close up Phil (y)
And certainly Autumnal.
Nice shot and very autumnal :)
Autumn
Love the muted colour of the husk (they really are spikey) and the plain dark background.

Thanks folks

Catching up on giving feedback

Secure
I'm always jealous of something who can produce a knot that anything more than crossing over repeatedly. Did you consider a shot looking along the length of the boat?

Personal
Very apt given the ongoing pandemic, with elements that are now beginning to be discarded by some in society!! Can you explain the inclusion of the card?

Autumn
Great level of detail, I didn’t realise that’s what what chestnuts were covered with. Are you shooting against a black background?

Thanks Stuart. To answer your queries:
Secure - the position of the boat and dock didn't allow this without a lot of busy distracting background.
Personal - the card was related to the title of being prepared for high street shopping.
Autumn - yes the background was black material - shot in my playroom (man cave/studio - depending on your perspective :)) .

Snap.. saw this after I posted mine. Have to say I much prefer your version - nicely lit and lovely texture.

Good detail in both Autumn and Wet, Autumn looks so much better on Flickr

Wet is a real peach of a shot!

Love the raindrops hanging off the apple. Nicely composed shot.

Yep - wet apple does the job nicely ;)

Catching up a bit here Phil.
Artificial: A lovely colourful well composed image.
Autumn: I like everything about this. Wonderful detail and nicely lit.
Wet: I like the shine on the apple and the rain droplets.

Nicely captured. Wet and shiny. The light looks very good actually for a wet day, did you use flash?

Just a bright spell in between the rain.

Good detail in both Autumn and Wet, Autumn looks so much better on Flickr
Wet is a real peach of a shot!
Love the raindrops hanging off the apple. Nicely composed shot.
Yep - wet apple does the job nicely ;)
Like the contrasting red and green colours with just enough droplets for the theme.
Catching up a bit here Phil.
Artificial: A lovely colourful well composed image.
Autumn: I like everything about this. Wonderful detail and nicely lit.
Wet: I like the shine on the apple and the rain droplets.
Autumn, the nut really stands out against the dark background
Wet nice bright colours
Hi Phil,

Autumn - Kinda feels like a chick breaking out of an egg. Nicely done, pops well from the background.
Wet - Nice use of complementary colours.

Thanks for the comments.

Not sure I get the Topical but it looks good and looks artificially lit for the tech?

Good different idea, I did have to look it up though, maybe crop the finger out of the top.

Topical
Well you've beaten me to it (I'll just have to think of something else).

A good close up shot. Great focus on the Topical cream.

That one crossed my mind too.. nicely lit. The second finger I do find a little distracting.

Back