Pic(s) you took today - an open thread

A bit of a random collection from today's activities with my Nikon point and shoot.

White Fungus I'm not sure whether the bark has been stripped by Deer ( it's a very big Deer area) and then the fungus set in or whether the Fungus made the Bark come off

View attachment 373944

A quick repaint , the original idea was to paint each target a different colour but when it came to it I could be bothered to get all the other paints out and wash the brush between each colour so this is what happened !

Before
View attachment 373945

After, it should dry matt
View attachment 373946
That's a very clever idea for airgun targets

A few more.

Looks like you had a good morning Neville what was that all about, When I was on heavy Haulage we did some work for Beck and Pollitzer as afar as I know it's still going strong.
Some fantastic photos of some really nice machinery !

Unfortunately I missed focus using multi focus points ,it's hard to see on the small rear screen.

Come on then Hurry up !

DOGS.JPG

GREEN.JPG

I've struck Gold ! Unfortunatley the combination of the camera not liking either poor light and High Dynamic range means This wasn't shown as it looked in real life, It just shone out of the forest completely !
GOLD.JPG

Last edited:
Looks like you had a good morning Neville what was that all about, When I was on heavy Haulage we did some work for Beck and Pollitzer as far as I know it's still going strong.
Some fantastic photos of some really nice machinery !

I think it was just an informal get together. I knew about it because my mate was driving that one. They are something, aren't they? There's something about all those valves and pipework that makes them very photogenic. :)

Hi, today is Sunday in commemoration of the dead in Germany.

I went to the old part of the Northern cemetery in Wiesbaden first :

L1010324_DxO-z35d-14-c.jpg

L1010325_DxO-z35d-14-c.jpg

L1010340_DxO-z35d-c.jpg

The new part :

L1010358_DxO-z35d-c.jpg

L1010379_DxO-z35d-14.jpg

L1010403_DxO-z35d-2-c.jpg

L1010383_DxO-z35d-14-c.jpg

L1010414_DxO-z35d-2-c.jpg

I had lunch at PIZZA PEPE, where I had a beer and a glass of wine for my deceased friend Horst :

L1010421_DxO-z35d-14.jpg

Last edited:
Be Afraid VERY afraid !

O.k so I have a cheap Bridge camera that I have never really used as I fast replaced it with a better Digi camera. Today I took it out of the cupboard and had a very quick attempt at Astro Photography. I put the camera on it's back facing the sky and gave it 20 seconds exposure. Little did I know I was going to witness an Alien Invasion ! Does the Government know ? Is this a Conspiracy ? Take a look at the photo and you will see it looks shockingly like a screen grab from Space invaders or Asteroids as someone pointed out ! I enlarged the image as the stars seemed odd shaped which as you can see they were ! I then made a random crop to show a section at 800% mag !

PAC.JPG

PAC2.JPG

This photo could also go in the “spotted a photographer” thread.
Long overdue trip to IWM Duxford - especially for my friend in the picture for whom (despite being 60 and having served 25 years in the RAF) this was a first visit!4CD60A39-A37A-41D7-8BBC-2B053862B3D1.jpeg

Last edited:
Long overdue trip to IWM Duxford - especially for my friend in the picture for whom (despite being 60 and having served 25 years in the RAF) this was a first visit!View attachment 374153

Cracking photo.

I visited for the first time this summer. I was amazed at how much there was to see. Well worth a visit.

Long overdue trip to IWM Duxford - especially for my friend in the picture for whom (despite being 60 and having served 25 years in the RAF) this was a first visit!View attachment 374153

"Excellent" museum style capture David, liking this pic very much.

It was foggy today and I went to take this...

dmVGPyM.jpg

But found it a bit depressing and preferred this..

Leaves swept into a pile. Given the state of the derelict buildings I did wonder who'd bothered but good on them.

So, good effort amongst the dereliction.

VtTt69e.jpg

It was foggy today and I went to take this...

dmVGPyM.jpg

But found it a bit depressing and preferred this..

Leaves swept into a pile. Given the state of the derelict buildings I did wonder who'd bothered but good on them.

So, good effort amongst the dereliction.

VtTt69e.jpg
I like the first one because the mist makes it look lie an old photo, have you tried that one in B&W?

Back