Pic(s) you took today - an open thread

Hi, my Advent Calendar this year :

DSC04747-a7r22-L60-4-c.jpg

Dec. 1 :

DSC04748-a7r22-L60-c.jpg

Dec. 2 :

DSC04748-a7r22-L60-c2.jpg

I ate the chocolates. - In my childhood in the austere 1950s, there were only pictures in my calendar. After Christmas, my mother took it away, and gave it back next year.

Now, Advent Calendars are thrown away ... ---

Attachments

• ac.jpg
    ac.jpg
    337.8 KB · Views: 4
Taken close enough to midnight that it might just squeeze into this morning: street lights in the mist...

Street lamps in mist FZ82 P1010115.JPG

Last edited:
Not the best photos from my little point and shoot,

Deer watering station Wyre Forest
WATER.JPG

Witch Burning Station. It is still allowed in Worcestershire so if you have bad weather or you bread goes moldy grab a local woman and burn her, this will apparently fix you problems
WITCH.JPG

Just a rainbow, taken just a few minutes ago.

BS11Rm6.jpg

Perhaps you could fill in some letters from the part we can see :)

Look, just believe me. The bracelet spells out a message in MC and it does so correctly. I checked when I received it.

If you're this interested Google it and buy one yourself :D

This photo is just to help cement my reputation as The Forum Nutter. I've been doing more airgun shooting than photography since I've been back at work after an accident, As I tend to shoot with open sights in my garden range I was finding that the corks were difficult to see at the time I get to use the guns ( after work) so I gave them a brightness spruce up. As I've only just started with pistols I stand them up to give me a bigger target and lie them down end on with the rifles. This madness also had the benefit that it wound up Mrs Badger and at least gave her something to moan about that was actually my doing !

CORKS.JPG

This photo is just to help cement my reputation as The Forum Nutter. I've been doing more airgun shooting than photography since I've been back at work after an accident, As I tend to shoot with open sights in my garden range I was finding that the corks were difficult to see at the time I get to use the guns ( after work) so I gave them a brightness spruce up. As I've only just started with pistols I stand them up to give me a bigger target and lie them down end on with the rifles. This madness also had the benefit that it wound up Mrs Badger and at least gave her something to moan about that was actually my doing !

View attachment 375264
Clever idea Brad. I'm about to sell my Wierauch 95K with Hawkr Vantage 3x9x40 scope. just not using it enough.

Viva Las Kempston. The Christmas lights opposite the park are somewhat less than impressive in my hometown.

Lights.jpg

And it gets worse in the other direction, you can barely see them. (the tree at the shopping centre in the distance is so pathetic I refused to take a photo)
Lights 2.jpg

Now this brightened up the walk, inside the local used car sales window.
Ford.jpg

We walked down the road and came to the bottom of a long alleyway that I must have walked a thousand times in my youth, it leads from my parents house down to the row of shops at the bottom end of town (and formed part of the route to a few of my old pubs as a lad)
Ally.jpg

I wish that right turn that the white car is performing was still legal - it's a PITA to have to go to the Paris Street roundabout to get home rather than nip along Posloe Road.

Decided to walk through the town and down to "The Spinney" today, a place of many happy childhood memories.
A low bright Moon was a nice bonus for the homeward shots.

Down the bottom of the hill from my place, they're building a retirement home and this crane has been here well over a year on the site.
Crane 06 12 22.jpg

Shots from the Spinney, it's only a little area but kids love it.
Spinney 8 06 12 22.jpg
Spinney 4 06 12 22.jpg
Spinney 7 06 12 22.jpg

The King William IV pub, the building is older but it opened as the pub shortly after William IV took the throne.
Not long after it opened one of my ancestors made the local press for fighting in the pub during a late night lock-in !
King Bill 06 12 55.jpg

Bit further along the road as I was heading home.
Crane 2 06 12 22.jpg

I wish that right turn that the white car is performing was still legal - it's a PITA to have to go to the Paris Street roundabout to get home rather than nip along Posloe Road.
It wasn't a right turn: he just came across from Barrack Road.

Back