Pic(s) you took today - an open thread

On a short drive after some shopping saw some locals

View attachment 383702

Can anybody tell me what breed these two are (I know I've asked before). The horned sheep showed some strange, to me, actions. When I stood at the gate to the field it came up and stood up against the top bar and then started pawing the bottom bar. I've stopped there before and it has never has it done that. Was it hungry? And another less bold

All with a Pentax K3

Howard

That could possibly be a Shetland. There are a couple in the field where I work.

Couple of weeks effort.

What started off as a small task to see what film cameras I had that could be put to use, ended up more involved.

All the Voigtlanders except the bottom right had the shutters stripped, cleaned and assembled with everything straight (and don't tell any one, four points in each had a smell of oil applied)
The average price was £12 each, except the bottom right one, which came with a genuine Voigtlander rangefinder, lens hood and spot finder, which would have cost more alone than the £30 I paid for the whole lot.

Still have two to go, one the light meter movement is broken, so probably just keep for spares, and one I assembled the shutter yesterday, still have to finish the lens assembly and mount it back on the camera.

v1.jpg

Then some Russians.
The Zorki is mine I have had for years, the Lubitel was £7 (not the one I got on here), the two Zenits I have had for quite a few years, but now got round to replacing top dials, setting shutters and fixing the light meters.
The two FEDs are recent, the 3 wasn't in a good state, though the seller made out it was, but now OK, and the FED 4 is the camera that my 12 year old son has chosen for film.
He made a good choice to my mind, but he could have had a Pentax MZ50, Canon 300V or Canon 500M. I think he has good taste :)

rs1.jpg

Photography has much more fun to it than just taking pictures :)

Couple of weeks effort.

What started off as a small task to see what film cameras I had that could be put to use, ended up more involved.

All the Voigtlanders except the bottom right had the shutters stripped, cleaned and assembled with everything straight (and don't tell any one, four points in each had a smell of oil applied)
The average price was £12 each, except the bottom right one, which came with a genuine Voigtlander rangefinder, lens hood and spot finder, which would have cost more alone than the £30 I paid for the whole lot.

Still have two to go, one the light meter movement is broken, so probably just keep for spares, and one I assembled the shutter yesterday, still have to finish the lens assembly and mount it back on the camera.

View attachment 384304

Then some Russians.
The Zorki is mine I have had for years, the Lubitel was £7 (not the one I got on here), the two Zenits I have had for quite a few years, but now got round to replacing top dials, setting shutters and fixing the light meters.
The two FEDs are recent, the 3 wasn't in a good state, though the seller made out it was, but now OK, and the FED 4 is the camera that my 12 year old son has chosen for film.
He made a good choice to my mind, but he could have had a Pentax MZ50, Canon 300V or Canon 500M. I think he has good taste :)

View attachment 384305

Photography has much more fun to it than just taking pictures :)

Very impressed. I have about five of those.

Very impressed. I have about five of those.
Do you mean the Voigtlanders?

First 35mm camera I used was a Voigtlander Vito BR in 1965, so I have a soft spot for them. They are also incredibly well built, I haven't come across one that has broken or failed body wise. The SVS shutters get sticky, but that has been the case for at least 30-40 years, but easy to put right.
Can't get a BR now, cheapest I have seen was £100!

Do you mean the Voigtlanders?

First 35mm camera I used was a Voigtlander Vito BR in 1965, so I have a soft spot for them. They are also incredibly well built, I haven't come across one that has broken or failed body wise. The SVS shutters get sticky, but that has been the case for at least 30-40 years, but easy to put right.
Can't get a BR now, cheapest I have seen was £100!
I have two Vito B's. One earlier and one later. But I'm aware there is another variant of the earlier one with a different shutter. I also have a FED 4, two 3's, early and late type, and a Zenit, 11, I think. Close to an EM. :p The earlier FED 3 does need the shutter looking at though. It's given up the ghost.... Actually, I'd forgotten I have a Zorki 4k as well. Recently serviced by Roger Lean.

Spent the afternoon doing photography. First one taken through the kitchen window.
P3193111-1k.jpg

Spotted this Egret while driving across a bridge. Did an emergency stop, and got a couple of shots.

P3193231-1k.jpg

There were about 200 deer in this herd. Unfortunately, I couldn't get focus quickly enough, so this is just the last of them disappearing.
Very pleased with the day's results.

P3193578-1K.jpg

Another Bazaar photo ! I spend a hell of a lot of my time out doors and have always worn Wellies or Military boots, Today I broke the mold and brought myself a pair of hiking boots from my local Farm Supply outlet . So far I've only tested them on Carpet and Wooden flooring ! If Mrs Badger saw this on the Table I would be executed ! So shhh

Samsung A10s
boot.jpg

Hi, a walk through Andeer/CH ... :

L1010923_DxO-z18-8-c.jpg

L1010924_DxO-z18-8-c.jpg

L1010926_DxO-z18-8-c.jpg

... to the bus-stop (on the right) :

L1010928_DxO-z18-8-c.jpg

The bus to Wergenstein ... :

DSC04017-a7-5-s35-c.jpg

... high up in the mountains :

DSC04021-a7-5-s35-c.jpg

I left the bus at Mathon, the view :

L1010936_DxO-z18-8.jpg

Church interior :

L1010940_DxO-z18-8.jpg

L1010947_DxO-z18-8-c.jpg

The church in Wergenstein :

L1010973_DxO-z18-8-c.jpg

L1010976_DxO-z18-8.jpg

Wergenstein, Restaurant Capricorn on the left:

L1010982_DxO-z18-8-c.jpg

Aperitif and lunch on the veranda :

L1010984_DxO-z18-8-c.jpg

Lunch: porc-chop, ice-cream :

L1010991_DxO-z18-8-c.jpg

L1010993_DxO-z18-8-c.jpg

One last look down from Wergenstein :

L1010999_DxO-z18-8-c.jpg

The bus down to Andeer :

DSC04054-a7-5-s35.jpg

(A wonderful day. I took 120 pics with 2 cams. )

Last edited:
Back