Pic(s) you took today - an open thread

Went looking for boxing hares again today. Perhaps it was too cold?? Didn't find many hares, and only one pair running about. Found a pleasant pheasant instead.
P3051147-1k.jpg

Houghton House, Beds today, I went there for my week 9 image in the 52 weeker and thought it looked good in the required B&W.
One unanswered question from the day, why is there a single Rugby goalpost in the valley below the house?
Then I had a posing Pheasant on the exit road and a nice scenic view with a train cutting across the farms.003 06 03 23.jpg
005 06 03 23.jpg
015 06 03 23.jpg
019 06 03 23.jpg
016 06 03 23.jpg
013 06 03 23.jpg

Attachments

• 007 06 03 23.jpg
    007 06 03 23.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 0
Houghton House, Beds today, I went there for my week 9 image in the 52 weeker and thought it looked good in the required B&W.
One unanswered question from the day, why is there a single Rugby goalpost in the valley below the house?
Then I had a posing Pheasant on the exit road and a nice scenic view with a train cutting across the farms.

View attachment 383277

It's a disguised antenna for the underground bunker :)

Beautiful dogs, I think my favourite

Yes Adagio is a very fine dog. But he is massive. I did not show his tiny lady owner. When you see them in the distance it looks almost like a pony being led by a girl.

He is very obedient and well trained. Having to obey his lady owner means he is not very friendly to women. One is enough, he seems to think

Went to White Rock today and saw this freestanding clock:

Mar 08-23.jpg

I thought that it would make a good subject for a Pep Ventosa inspired "in-the-round" image. This is 8 images taken as I walked around the clock and blended in Photoshop:

Mar 08-23-2.jpg

Currently on a trip with our caravan. -11 last night, both our gas and our water froze overnight. I think we are better prepared tonight.

Burn O' Vat

Burn o Vat 10348 by James West, on Flickr

Burn o Vat 10329 by James West, on Flickr

I don't often try black and white, but this one was almost there straight out of the camera, so I decided to try it....

Burn o Vat 10334 by James West, on Flickr

Loch Kinord - frozen reflection line in the water.

Loch Kinord 10300 by James West, on Flickr

Walked round the loch, about 5 miles.

Loch Kinord 10274 by James West, on Flickr

The Kinord Cross a Celtic stone.

Kinord cross 10319 by James West, on Flickr

Last edited:
I always open the patio door for a few seconds before bed, I like some fresh air in the house before I go up, and a quick look at the night sky.
Recently I have heard something small, scuffling in some dead grass and leaves in the corner by the door. I assumed I had a mouse.
But today, for the first time ever I saw a little Jenny Wren in the garden and it keeps going to the corner and delving around under the grass and leaves, and I now think it may be nesting there. Terrible light for taking pictures in the corner of the garden today, but I wasn't missing this chance.

002 09 03 23.jpg

The clouds clear to reveal the local hill.

R5hkrE5.jpg

Earlier today.

bJePDTe.jpg

kPKnEj0.jpg

Back