Pic(s) you took today - an open thread

Today we went for a walk and a picnic. 16,800 steps.

Time for a rest and a coffee for her and tea for me.

DSC02661.jpg

It was hot and humid. I could hardly bear it.

DSC02668.jpg

Time for a picnic and a big bite of a chocolate bar.

DSC02684.jpg

Ice cream for her, Dr Pepper for me.

DSC02707.jpg

We just made it home before the storm.

DSC02716.jpg

All pictures taken with what is AFAIK the cheapest new FF 35mm lens you can buy :D

Visited Chichester today. Went to the Cathedral first:-
P6259284_16bit_20230625234637.jpg

P6259204-1k.jpg

P6259243-1k.jpg

Went down the road to Itchenor afterwards. First time that I've seen it from the shore. Sailed past it hundreds of times over the years.

P6259403-1k.jpg

I'm enjoying using my phone far more than my main camera lately !

Me too, I've almost virtually used my phone exclusively for my photography since November last year, and love it. :) :)

Playing on the way home with my Kodak AZ401 superzoom's in built vignette function ( Extremely harsh light) It shows it's limitations in low or very bright light but It is acceptable to me considering it's flexibility with focal length. St Marys church Enville South Staffs

17.JPG

18.JPG

19.JPG

Last edited:
A couple from last night.

Brown Hare

Hare 1.jpg

Tawny owl @ ISO 16000, taken at around 22.15, don't think I've ever seen one perched on telephone lines before

tawny.jpg

This morning photo for another forum, taken from a distance 40 to 50 yards at 5 am this morning in Brierley Hill Hill West Midlands in very dull light with my Kodak Superzoom.

Poor old decaying CB Cabin, I used to be a customer for various CB ( a very useful tool as a Trucker) and Ham radio equipment. How they got so much in there is a mystery, a little Tardis.

CB-CABIN.JPG

Parked next to this when I was at work and thought it was worth a snap ! I was presuming this was a Dandelion until I realized it was about 3 feet tall, any ideas ?

DAF.JPG

Last edited:
This is the field where nearly every morning I see a number of white rabbits hopping around !
Err sorry to dissolution you but that's a (2) white cow :D

A place I used to hunt, had a lot of wild black rabbits.

Taken at about 5am this morning on my way to work, I'm sure you will agree one hell of a fantastic looking keep left bollard, I tried every angle to get rid of the nasty Glass Museum in the back ground with it's big horrible chimney ! Kodak superzoom. I may have another go in the Morning if it's bright enough and risk standing in the middle of the road and turn the camera side ways to give portrait mode .
1.JPG

Back