weekly PINNACLE take 12 in 2012 "I'm out!!"

The sign is in Blackheath, Surrey not far from Guildford, nothing there to speak of other than a closed pub and a few nice walks on the common. Oh and the sign

Looking forward to the rest of this challenge and my 366 as the two work well together IMO

I started off thinking of getting a spider and getting one of my boys to throw it at my wife but that would hurt too much and she is not in the best of moods most days. Then I thought of scaring one or both of the kids I even took them to a local park with a mad roundabout thing and spun them round really fast, they showed an element of fear but soon it became fun. Finally I had a think about what was the scariest moment of my life.

I won't ruin the moment for those that don't know but this photo sums it up, those that have been their should understand. TWINS is the new word for Boooooo

FEAR by PINNACLE PHOTO LOG, on Flickr​

Last edited:
I like your take on this theme and the use of colour in this but before any ladies come on here complaining I think I need to point out that you should have put the toilet seat down - That dark area doesn't help the image I'm afraid.

Getting a great variety of interpretations on this theme, well done.

Thanks for your post on my thread thought I would pop over and have a look. I like both your shots, the first one I like the POV and the second one the selective colour

Very clever take on the theme and a fear I remember all too well, although it turned out good in the long run. I agree with the loo seat comment though :)

Good work :)

Thanks for your comments.

I have learnt so much from this challenge already from comments on my and other peoples 52's. It sure gets you thinking.

I just need to get better with the camera and with P&P having only had Elements for a month and this being my first attemt of selective colour after watching a youtube vid this morning. I hope the next 50 weeks will help if I don't wear my camera out trying, my shot count is through the roof. Mind you I am also doing a 366 as well but I am using my 52 as one day so its like having a day off.

The loo seat was a decision on my part as it was down. My thinking was even a woman would leave it up at a time like this but it looks like I called it wrong. Next time I must remember to take two shots, one up and one down or even one with it going down with motion blur. Got my retake ideas coming as well. Loving it.

Love your take on Direction Martin, that sign is great. I really like the angle you've taken the picture from too.

I can certainly see fear when you think about the image, shame about the black toilet seat but I like the selective colouring.

TWINS is the new word for Boooooo
Oh yes, been there done that 20 years ago, though the real Boo moment is the first scan, not the pregnancy test!

I love this image, which I think would represent fear to lots of people on lots of levels (being pregnant>NOT being pregnant>being alone>family reaction>fear of responsibility>fear of commitment, etc etc etc).

Agree re the toilet seat, although as I'm the only male in a house with 5 females, I'd suffer real fear if I did ever leave it up, so maybe it also fits the theme?!

Mark

Hi Martin...finally caught up with your thread....366 & a 552???def slightly :wacky: :LOL:

Direction....what a cracking sign....right on theme...nice detail in the sky & such a lovely blue sky...perfick :clap:

Fear....OMG...absolutely bang on theme ...love the SC...crop the loo seat out & it's be a belter...great idea & well shot mister :clap:

Look forward to seeing the next 50 weeks (y)

ps...please don't forget to update the spreadsheet if you don't mind...makes it far simpler to track who's where & done what....link in the 1st post of thread where the themes are posted for the 52...I've updated wk's 1&2 for you (y)

I'd suffer real fear if I did ever leave it up, so maybe it also fits the theme?!

Mark

There you go and I did it on purpose so double points!!

My retake is getting better unflushed comes to mind.

"blondie606"
"ps...please don't forget to update the spreadsheet if you don't mind...makes it far simpler to track who's where & done what....link in the 1st post of thread where the themes are posted for the 52...I've updated wk's 1&2 for you"

Thanks for pointing it out good idea, me bad :bonk:

Hello Martin,

Direction - What a great find, that signpost. I like the POV, plus seems you were fortunate with the weather too. We've had nothing but cloud, rain and strong winds over the last two weeks.

Fear - The idea is good and the SC works well. The toilet seat has already been mentioned, so I won't harp on about that.

Everyones asuming its a female doing the pregnancy test, but maybe the seat up is a clue to the real fear?

The unbridled fear that your a man and you've some how got pregnant!! :puke:

Seems terrifying to me. Hehe.

A super take on the weeks topic "Fear", SC works well. Had me in fear for a moment, but realised it was not our bathroom as i darent leave the seat up.:LOL:
Really well thought out. (y)

Direction. Well spotted. Crackling work with the sky...(y) Pity about the trees.

Fear, wow, well done for this interpretation. Been there :puke:. Closer crop for me.. after all, the test kit is the subject matter, not the loo seat ;)

Cheers.

Direction : Now that's a great sign... well found... an interesting angle, I like it. Not sure about the trees, but I also can't think of a way to do anything about them and get that feel.

Fear : An excellent interpretation, the colour pop works well, but I have to agree... get rid of the toilet seat to make it excellent. Very well done

Thats it!! Bedtime!! "SIGH"​

Not quite how I wanted it. I had loads of other ideas but due to work I have not been able to go where I need to go so I thought I might spook my boys into a sigh. I got "youtude" up on the TV chose some AC/DC and cranked the volume up. After a few tunes I was ready and shouted "That's it!Bedtime!!"

Not quite the big sigh I wanted from them but I did try.

I know the photo sucks but I posted to keep up and will retake at some point. Three photos so far and three retakes :bonk::bonk::bonk:

They look like they may beat you up?!

Sigh isnt coming over in it but could have done if they had acted the part a bit more :)

It was a tough week, hopefully tomorrow will be something nice and fluffy!

Playing catch up on the 52's.
Love Direction... great shot of a brilliant sign.
Sigh is a really difficult one - still waiting for the weather to change to shoot mine. The boys look like they're about to beat you up but I'm sure there was a resigned sigh in there somewhere. :)

Well done so far.

Sigh; that was one of those one chance efforts; it could have been brilliant or it could have failed completely! As it is I think it's nearly but not quite there.

Good idea though, and I admire your dedication; winding kids up just for a photo is a brave thing to do!!

CAn totally understand were your coming from I have until tonight to complete mine, I do have an idea but then again as long as we put a pic up then thats the main thing, well done for a go. Do like the fear one lol bring back memories.

Do two wrongs make an all right?

I was not happy with my first take on SIGH and I nearly got all the props for my second take, but one is still missing. I was editing some of my shots from this week and found this.

Now I know I look p1553D off but it is also the start of a big sigh. All I wanted was for the boys to stand still and look at the camera for 1/90 th of a sec. No chance.

Thanks to everyone for the comments and I will spend time over the weekend looking at some more of your shots. I have tried to do my photo's on the theme before peeking.

Please make next week easier!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Back