weekly PINNACLE take 12 in 2012 "I'm out!!"

Very nice shot for shiny. Almost missed it though because you haven't updated your thread title :)

Last edited:
Hi Martin. The weeks are flying by and whilst I have followed your thead appear not to have commented. Liking your work especially handmade and money. Cant really say much more than others who have summed up the technical aspects.
Shiny is a difficult one as the water is right on theme, any crop for less would place greater emphasis on the duck. On the other hand the duck is the prime subject in this shot. :bang: Perhaps more water area or different position/smaller size of the duck would be the answer.
Good work, keep it up (y)

Hi Martin just catching up,

Money - i like your take on the theme, the lighting, focus and DOF work well

Win - Like the highlights on this and again bang on theme

Shiny - nice focus on the duck and the shine in the water really comes across

Thanks for looking in and the comments, I am glad I got that one done when I did as been a bit manic.

"Magical"

Just a few hours late and please forgive the photo, it will be a retake I think but I had to fix our shower and the mess it made when a valve went yesterday.

So here you go.

Home made by me this morning, believe me they are "magical" here is the recipe

Oven on at 180c
Get a big bowl and electric whisk and cup cake cases 12 should do.
6oz marg
4oz caster sugar
6oz self rising flour
3 tbsp cocoa
4 tbsp syrup
pinch of salt
3 beaten eggs

Melt the marg a bit and whisk it with the sugar, sieve the flour and cocoa into the bowl, add the salt, sugar, syrup and eggs and whisk until smooth.

Put a big spoon full into each case then cook for 25 mins, try to leave them to cool. I use the shop bought chocolate icing but a sprinkle of icing sugar will do.

Then they just disappear "MAGIC". Eat your heart out Paul Daniels

Hi Martin

hope things are improving for you (y)

Money...belting shot(no pun intended)...love everything about it :clap:

Magical....yup , on theme , good idea & nice portrait.....think I could magic some of those cakes away from you as well :LOL:

Ha Ha Magical, great interpretation. Looks like a lot were tasted before you took the 1st shot.

Running behind my PC crashed on me again But I found a local chap who has been fantastic. It all seems to be working fine and better than before, my previous one is also working great so have a spare now.

I will Joker vice but will do entrance in the next couple of days had some really rude ideas but the wife said no lol.

This will be tough from next week as I have accepted a job that will have me out from 7.30-7.30 so I hope the rest of the topics are dusk and dawn stuff.

Running behind my PC crashed on me again But I found a local chap who has been fantastic. It all seems to be working fine and better than before, my previous one is also working great so have a spare now.

I will Joker vice but will do entrance in the next couple of days had some really rude ideas but the wife said no lol.

This will be tough from next week as I have accepted a job that will have me out from 7.30-7.30 so I hope the rest of the topics are dusk and dawn stuff.

Know how you feel it's a really stressful time. I have spent hours this week trying to recover some of my data. Nightmare! I think there is more stress caused by computers than anything else ! - nice images and 'Magical' works !

Nick (y)

I'm out!!

What a difference a few months and a few dodgy clients can make.

I am now, having to really work for a living so taking or even thinking about taking photos is hard so I am chucking in the towel.

If at a later date I get the time I will catch up but for now can I wish you all luck and happiness and enjoy the rest of the year taking wonderful photos.

I will pop in and check up on you all.

Cheers

Martin

Back