weekly PINNACLE take 12 in 2012 "I'm out!!"

I decided to make some bread for this task (no machine used). The trouble was, I took the dogs for a walk and when I got back the family had started on them.

From a photography point of view, I wanted to set the shot up and take the pictures in less than 1/2 an hour with 5 shots max. I can and usually do spend hours playing around with table top photos. This time I thought it through first, I used tin foil to reflect some light from a window behind the subject, pop up flash in manual with two shots to get DOF and exposure how I wanted it. I then took this photo, packed up and had some very nice toast.

Mmmmmm you're making me hungry now, you really can't beat handmade bread!

You planned this shot well and the lighting is good especially since you were using a pop up flash. Weel done!:)

I decided to make some bread for this task (no machine used). The trouble was, I took the dogs for a walk and when I got back the family had started on them.

Well they do say that the proof of the pudding is in the eating :D
Good effort!

Hi,

Sorry for not being here before, ive missed alot of threads and trying to catch up so im making all replys quick.

Great photos all round, my favourite would be the sweet shot, sweet 16, very clever.

Matt

Hi Martin

great shot for bread....well lit , simple BG,wonderfully sharp.....& the best bit is getting to eat lots of fresh toast after the shot....cracking picture :clap:

Thanks for all the feedback on my Hand Made and yes they were tasty, we should have a end of 52 get together and I will do a few loaves to share.

MONEY

Now this was and is possibly the worst topic for me this week as I have 3 clients who owe me money from last year and I have not earnt a bean since November, my car is for sale, we have ebayed the contents of the garage, some of my gear is up for grabs in classifieds and my 7D could be next. So I suppose this was my influence. I hope if fits.

MONEY

Mmm - a bit sinister.

Good idea. maybe too much space around the main image:thinking: and that area also includes the darker elements which i find distracting - but maybe that is the effect that you were planning because it adds a 'darkness' to the tale that the pic is telling. I think on balance it could be cropped tighter.

Hi Martin, great take on the money theme, just a tighter crop for me would improve this shot, but certainly a shot that tells a story.

Apologies for not posting on your thread as I work off the spreadsheet and have only found you lower down the list in the ones that have dropped out.

I love the story on your take of this week’s theme and as I have been there I know how you feel I think everything about your picture works I think the crop and background work well as does DOF and Vignetting. :clap:

Amazing picture; I like that a lot!

Amazing picture; I like that a lot!

Now thats what I want to here.

All previous comments are fair. I appreciated all of them and I will revisit it to improve. I just find cropping in lightroom painfull and its the only thing I can vingette with.

I have taken on board all the comments made on my other pictures and considering it is only week nine I feel I have learnt an aweful lot already so thanks all.

I am loving doing this 52, I check on Saturday hum and hur on Sunday plan on Monday and pray for a result the rest of the week.

Loving your pictures as well.

love the money shot, and as I said on Flickr, I have a list heh heh

Thanks I am glad it comes across as intended.

It is a real shotgun not a toy, I do a bit of clay busting with it.

WIN

Now I suppose someone else might have done this but I have yet to go through everyone else's yet. I was really running out of ideas and saw the kids connect 4 so took this. So I guess it will have to do, I made a few tweaks to the original but its all I could muster this week (rubbish). No doubt as soon as I press submit will have a brain wave or a beer!!!! Or both.

Another one I’m catching up on….

Secure – The tone you’ve used suits this photo well.

Industry – I like the use of the background on this one

Root – You’ve done well to get this to stand out from the background.

Handmade – This one is nicely lit

Money – Great take on the theme. It tells a story so a big thumbs up from me.

Win – Again right on theme. I wondered whether having the winning checker in the hand about to play the winning move would work

It can be difficult to be original, but shooting the same idea doesn't mean you'll get the same shot!

Nice lighting though and on theme(y)

Delta Skies said:
I wondered whether having the winning checker in the hand about to play the winning move would work

I thought this too:thinking:

That makes at least three of us that great minds think alike :LOL:
Good work though Martin, it keeps you up to date with the challenge.
It is lit well, colourful and on theme. Some mentioned about having the winning counter in hand but I believe it is, its just a little small and out of shot in your sausage fingers :LOL: Iain

WIN

I did try the holding the counter but it is a travel set and as Iain (blakester) kindly commented my fingers are sausage like, NOT. I did try dropping it and getting it falling but as my camera is only good for 100,000 clicks I had to give up. The winning row has been ever so slightly highlighted in post as SC didn't look good. Anyway glad that week was over.

Shiny should be a blast and loads of entries seem to coming in already.

I won't be changing my entry even though it is early (for me) I saw the water then the duck and then the shine. A very little crop and a tweak in sharpness.

SHINY

Last edited:
Focus seems good on the duck, and like the swirly reflections on the water. Would have prefered a slightly tighter crop to take out some dead water space.

Back