weekly PINNACLE take 12 in 2012 "I'm out!!"

Ha, like it! I'm not sure the motion blur adds anything to it, but as a training excursive with PSE it's good :)

Hi Martin, am catching up on threads tonight

Direction love the sign and the perspective

Fear - yes thats fear to me, as Lynne said crop the loo seat and its a belter,

Sigh - i prefer the second i can feel your frustration

Sweet - very clever love it

Whoops I forgot to subscribe to your thread!

I totally get both your sigh shots, more so the second! Children can be a royal pain in the bum when you just want them to look the same way!

^Joe said:
Sweet 16 - clever :D
Used 16 sweets - even cleverer :D

Agreed, not sure on the blur though.

Sweet 16 - clever :D
Used 16 sweets - even cleverer :D

Good shot IMO - Although it sent my head a little crazy

same here.. Jelly babies moving to jelly young adults at 16?

nice idea..

Thanks for the comments, I wasn't going to spill the beans about the motion blur but I feel I need to explain. One of the orange jelly babies was disformed and I had no more so I had to do something to disguise its lack of face. I am pleased it has has a mixed response as I am in two minds about it but it was fun to try all the same.

I have taken a Secure but will wait just in case something else crops up during the week.

I like to have a think, then plan and then go out and shoot. I find a few days mulling over the theme seems help me get what I want out of my picture. Far too serious.

Last edited:
I'm way behind on both my own and looking at others so I'm playing catchup :(

On the sigh shots, I'm not really getting sigh Im afraid
On the sweet shot though, I do like what you've done, like the blur effect as well as the take on theme.

I am late in posting but the photo was taken in time as per the flicker upload, I am suffering with too much work and wishing it was paying.

My 366 has ground to a halt as I formatted my CF card thinking I had the photos safe and secure in my external hard drive but no it has gone missing on a job and I was just getting into it even with a lack of time. So from today it's 100% on my 52.

SECURE. Now to be honest this is a retake for me only because I tried to get what I wanted but it has to be taken in the summer so I went for a photo that offers a bit of humor and oldness, the mono conversion was a try using Lightroom 4 (beta) free from Adobe and was for print not PC but a great program and on my wish list.

Week five "SECURE" by PINNACLE PHOTO LOG, on Flickr

Hi Martin

what a bummer ....losing all your images :crying:

Good to see you're still going with the 52 though (y)

Secure....could be insecure as well...like the conversion...like the inclusion of the Bugatti badge as well...sweet bit of kit that :clap:

Direction - interesting sign, good angle and nice skies - good shot.

Fear - good shot, excellent take on the theme and good selective colouring.

Sweet - again a good idea but could poss do with being a bit brighter?

Secure - nice shot but have no idea how secure comes into it? (I may be being dim though)

Thanks for looking and the comments. Work is taking its toll and I am finding my 52 slipping to the back of my mind, I had to get a shot in today so this is it.

The extra here is, this hanger is where they made Hawker Huricanes during the 2nd World War.

This 52 is giving me so many ideas of other ways to get the theme and when I get time I will.

It works and I would like to see any additional that links to the Huricanes.

Thanks for the positive comments. The space thing was really to capture the texture of the building and highlight the winch's very subtle colours which had me thinking GULF racing colours. I would have liked more hight but the roof was just above where I framed the shot, I can't remember what but there something that did not fit in lower so I got what I could.

I will put up some internal shots over the weekend, they just need some work as I used bracket exposures due to the lighting.

Hi Martin,

Some excellents shots in your 52 so far, can't add much to what has already been said but your secure shot is my favourite, not sure why I just love the colouring, it looks kinda green on my screen, did you give it a greenish tint or is it just my screen?
Root is interesting too, looks good in b&w.

Sweet 16 was inspired, I like the blur effect, as they say necessity is the mother of invention ..it works well.

Carol

At first glance I thought it looked a little washed out at first but having looked properly at it and letting my eyes adjust (it is 2am) the detail of the roots really jump out due to the depth of field used.

Bang on theme and a good shot.

Cheers I am glad I seem to have got it right.

I never thought finding and taking a picture of a decent root would be so difficult, I enlisted the help of my boys for the search but that limited photo time as we were near a swamp and they would not stay still. The edit took a while to find the right levels and I ended going back to my first one after an hour.

cazagee said:
Hi Martin,

Some excellents shots in your 52 so far, can't add much to what has already been said but your secure shot is my favourite, not sure why I just love the colouring, it looks kinda green on my screen, did you give it a greenish tint or is it just my screen?
Root is interesting too, looks good in b&w.

Sweet 16 was inspired, I like the blur effect, as they say necessity is the mother of invention ..it works well.

Carol

Thanks Carol

Yes I did give secure a tint as I wanted the yellow tie wrap brighter so it stood out, I tried not to over do it.

Hi not really had much of a chance to look through other 52's.

Secure was a good spot bit of modern day plastic for piece if mind. Nice and the B&W conversion helps to focus on the ties :)

Industry is spot on but I keep wanting to see more of the hoist? nice colours.

Loverly photo for roots - DOF is great :)

Lovely clear B&W with great DOF (y)

Hi Martin

Industry.....nice , clean , simple image that works well (y) I'd maybe have gone taller to get more of whatever is below , into frame ?

Root....Like that...A LOT ....great processing...bang on theme , good focus 7 DOF....really good image :clap: ( only slight , & I mean very slight ) niggle is the cropped fern to the left

I like the background to your industry. It really shouts industry.
The root is good to. Nicely processed b&w.

Marshall194 said:
good shot for root pal i like the processing. i wanted a shot similar but couldnt find a good subject. well done

Chris

I was surprised at how difficult it was to find a suitable subject. In the end I just let the kids and dogs loose in the woods and left it to them.

A few people have mentioned the processing. I use Canon DPP for 90% of my pp even over Lightroom. It is simple but effective. I think it comes down to having the right tone range in the beginning with B&W conversions.

Hi Martin, work getting the way for me as well at the moment. I'm struggling to get photos up some weeks let alone catch up with everyone elses.

Really enjoyed looking through you're 52, can't really add any more than what has already been said but secure and root are stand out's for me. Like the PP work you've done on these, good use of DOF as well. Think you did a great job actually finding an interesting subject for root, think a lot of us struggled with that one.

Keep up the good work mate :)

Back