weekly Rick448 52'ers challenge thread. Outake added.

That's a great set of shots for playing Rick. Great colour and detail.
Below is a good shot too. I like the kind of HDR treatment.
Thanks Lee :)

Snappers choice, and technique.

DSCF2277 by rick phillips, on Flickr

This was going to be my 'Below' shot last week, but I didn't get time to shoot it.

I let Lisa pick the shot, I preferred this one with the blue lights from the Ambulance in there... :police:

DSCF2278 by rick phillips, on Flickr

The blue lights make this the better image imo Rick, a great shot and colours all great.
Thanks Dave, I agree, but I didn't want to argue with the missus ;)

Hrm, hard to choose. the second shot has the blues, but it also has a (I assume) reflection in the other lane which detracts.
I tihnk your mrs may have had the right call tbh! ;)
I know better than to disagree with her, well at least to her face ;)

Hi Rick, although I prefer the one with the blue lights , just for the extra colour, my wife says that your wife was obviously right just because she is. That's a busy road by the way.

Hi Rick, although I prefer the one with the blue lights , just for the extra colour, my wife says that your wife was obviously right just because she is. That's a busy road by the way.
Yeah, its the A180, the main road out of Immingham / Grimsby westbound.

Great light trails Rick!(y)
Please don't tell your missus, but I like your shot...I think it's the yellow indicators along the right side.
The blue lights are great, but for me they look a little lost in the white headlights.

I came this close (holds finger and thumb really close together) to doing a similar shot....but at the last minute I was struck down with a sudden, debilitating bout of 'I'm-definitely-Not-Goin'-Out-There-In-This-Miserable-Cold-Weather' - itis!!:D

Thanks Gareth. Much appreciated :)

Good idea for the theme but I think you could have used a shorter exposure time

I had the same idea, but did not pursue it. Out of the 2 I prefer the first one chosen by your Mrs, the non BMW driver going up the slip row makes it.

Pete

I had the same idea, but did not pursue it. Out of the 2 I prefer the first one chosen by your Mrs, the non BMW driver going up the slip row makes it.

Pete

Thanks Pete,

I'll have you know my BMW came with indicators as standard, must be a new thing :)

Thanks Pete,

I'll have you know my BMW came with indicators as standard, must be a new thing :)
Or is it Audi Drivers now, I know it's not me as mine are they allways on as they don't cancel that well and in the summer with the roof off you can't see the telltale light or hear the very quiet tick with the Engine just a foot behind my ears.

Christmassy... this was shot at Stockeld Park today and grabbed with my phone. I was going to take the XP2 and 23 1.4, but as it was pouring down I used the phone, to be honest it grabbed some great shots considering the conditions.

IMG_7941 by rick phillips, on Flickr

Yes your daughters face is well chuffed looking, great happy and colourful shot Rick.
Thanks Dave, she really enjoyed it. Very colourful evening.

Hi Rick,
I like your first shot for Snapper's Choice but I feel it's a touch on the bright side maybe?
Christmassy is great. What a lovely expression on your daughter's face. Wonderful :)

Hi Rick,
I like your first shot for Snapper's Choice but I feel it's a touch on the bright side maybe?
Christmassy is great. What a lovely expression on your daughter's face. Wonderful :)
Thanks both. The light trails shot was my first ever attempt. I wanted to get enough light to have some of the refinery in the background showing. I’ll be trying this again for sure.

Nothing is more Christmassy than Santa and an excited little one.
Great picture.
Many thanks. It was actually better than when we went to Lapland last year. Just a quick grab with the iPhone but they are getting very capable.

I make you the first of the first timers to have completed this year. Gratz...
A fun shot and I think we've got a selfie of you in there too :)
Thanks Tim,

It's been a challenge, but just what I needed.

Great shots there Rick, and a big congrats for finishing the 52 challenge!!:clap:
Really looking forward to seeing more from you in 2020!(y)

Christmassy: What a great shot...her expression is perfect! Can't say anymore really...it's spot on!
Outtake: Great reflections, and certainly a funny outtake with the twin back there...great stuff!

Great shots there Rick, and a big congrats for finishing the 52 challenge!!:clap:
Really looking forward to seeing more from you in 2020!(y)

Christmassy: What a great shot...her expression is perfect! Can't say anymore really...it's spot on!
Outtake: Great reflections, and certainly a funny outtake with the twin back there...great stuff!
Thanks Gareth, onward to 2020 :)

Many congratulations on successfully completing your 2019 Photo52, Rick. :clap:

All the best for the New Year!
Thanks Stan :)

Back