weekly rpn's 2018 Project 52 - Week 52 SHOWCASE Added (Complete)

Not boring or simple, I think its very clever and shows great technique, I really like it.

Reactions: rpn
Fits the Theme to perfection. Simple ideas work better than complicated ones.

Pete

Reactions: rpn
Simple but works well not much I can add to what’s already been said

Dark

Very good, I like the 3 bright lines and their position in the frame (photo). It's really quite imaginative.

That's a really cool shot Stan nice work. I like that the vertical line is not central and the angles work well. The only change I would make is that there is a fuzzy white patch underneath the line of light to the far right of the shot that I might have tried to edit out but that's just me nit picking, I really do love the shot

I love a bit of minimalism and that works a treat :)

Really strong image for the theme, very good Stan, I like that a lot

Dark

Very good, I like the 3 bright lines and their position in the frame (photo). It's really quite imaginative.

Thanks, Dominic. I tried to keep the lines at the thirds.

That's a really cool shot Stan nice work. I like that the vertical line is not central and the angles work well. The only change I would make is that there is a fuzzy white patch underneath the line of light to the far right of the shot that I might have tried to edit out but that's just me nit picking, I really do love the shot

Thanks, Tilly. The smidgeon of white is my DIY effect in applying sealants.

My very first attempt at this technique. I must have taken over 50 shots before I managed to get the timing right and another 20 more just to capture a half decent one but still not very good. Took me a while to even set up the shot, dug out the fish tank amount all the others rubbish in the garage, plug in the backlight, mount the camera on a tripod, mount the flash on a tripod with both covered in clear plastic bags to keep water out and also plenty of old towels.

The focus is slightly off and the flash sync speed is too slow and not able to freeze the lemon when it hit the water.

Week 35 - Splash

Splash by Stan, on Flickr

It’s a pity about the focus but the idea is good I like the square crop maybe up the exposure or whites a little it looks slightly dark

Good on 'ya for trying it, I can imagine it being a pain and it's nearly there, the splash and water are good.

Nice idea for splash Stan and good for you for trying to get a shot like this. I especially like the movement in the water. As others have said it is a dark which I'm sure you could fix worth a bit of tweaking

Always good to try something new, even if it doesn't come off exactly as you want it to (see my dark shot recently).
I don't mind the lack of really sharp focus, it give it movement and it's a cool thing to try. Far more adventurous than I was for this theme.

Bit of a lemon but still nice to see and good on you for having a go! :)

He He :)

Stan

Splash - I like that. I take it you used a fishtank so that may have made the image a bit softer with its air/glass & glass/water interfaces. Did you use a trigger or pot luck to fire the shutter.

Pete

I like the shot and it is a great idea, spot on theme and so nice to see experimentation in the 52.

Nice idea for splash Stan and good for you for trying to get a shot like this. I especially like the movement in the water. As others have said it is a dark which I'm sure you could fix worth a bit of tweaking

Always good to try something new, even if it doesn't come off exactly as you want it to (see my dark shot recently).
I don't mind the lack of really sharp focus, it give it movement and it's a cool thing to try. Far more adventurous than I was for this theme.

Thanks, Tilly and Tim. One of the reasons I enjoy doing this 52s challenge is trying new techniques.

Cheers, Dave.

He He :)

Stan

Splash - I like that. I take it you used a fishtank so that may have made the image a bit softer with its air/glass & glass/water interfaces. Did you use a trigger or pot luck to fire the shutter.

Pete

Thanks, Pete. Agree, the pane of glass and the water don't help with the image sharpness. I used a 'standard' wire remote to fire the shutter and potluck with tmings.

I like the shot and it is a great idea, spot on theme and so nice to see experimentation in the 52.

Thanks, Roger.

It’s a well thought out shot but I have to point out the obvious it’s floating in space, sorry to mention it

Pull is a very well taken image Stan, the dark BG really sets it of well.

Thanks, Dave.

It’s a well thought out shot but I have to point out the obvious it’s floating in space, sorry to mention it

Cheers, Allan. You are right about the floating in space. I tried to keep to the exposure correct on the pegs and the black cotton cloth base/background just turns out totally seamless black.

I was just thinking you had done something similar, reminiscent of some of @d00d 's peg photos too. Nicely staged with a good black background but it does look a bit floaty to me.

Nicely put together, liking the colours and the black background.
As Allan says, it is a bit floaty, but then, pegs do tend to float in the air when attached to a line.

Cheers, Tim. That's very true about floating pegs! :LOL:

I was just thinking you had done something similar, reminiscent of some of @d00d 's peg photos too. Nicely staged with a good black background but it does look a bit floaty to me.

Thanks, Chris.

Excellent idea and very well executed. I like the simplicity of the composition even if it makes the engineer in me cringe every time I look at it!

Pull, a really clever idea, works so well, top shot Stan.

Back