weekly rpn's 2020 52 Photo Challenge - Week 52 DECORATIONS Added ***COMPLETE***

This handsome looking boy is affectionally known as Mac. He was ringed on the 9th of April 2015 at Bestumkilen, near Akershus, Oslo in Norway! His full ring number is 4274391. He made his way over to Aberdeen in NE Scotland during the winter months for a number of years now so he is actually quite a WILD one.

Taken with my favourite but seldom used lens; Nikon 70-200mm f2.8.

Week 06 - Wild

Pretty Wild Boy by Stan, on Flickr
That's a gorgeous shot. Love the colours and focus

You can't beat a mandarin for colour and the reflections make it pretty perfect.

Reactions: rpn
Wild- great detail in Mac's feathers, and a great reflection I love your first image. I like the second swan with ruffled feathers too.

A really nice image, love the colours and detail and the smoothness of the water giving that reflection is great.

This handsome looking boy is affectionally known as Mac. He was ringed on the 9th of April 2015 at Bestumkilen, near Akershus, Oslo in Norway! His full ring number is 4274391. He made his way over to Aberdeen in NE Scotland during the winter months for a number of years now so he is actually quite a WILD one.

Week 06 - Wild

Hi Stan,
I love your photo for the Silhouette theme, I was drawn first to the spires creating the silhouette into the sky and then to the beautiful bank of cloud just above the buildings.

Mac is stunning, his colours are sharp and crisp as is his reflection, yet the circles as he moves are smoothed out. Big thumbs up from me.

Wild- great detail in Mac's feathers, and a great reflection I love your first image. I like the second swan with ruffled feathers too.

Thanks, Alison. He's is a good looking boy.

A really nice image, love the colours and detail and the smoothness of the water giving that reflection is great.

Thank you, Jim. The lens settings; longest reach and widest aperture contribute the silky smooth ripples bokeh.

Hi Stan,
I love your photo for the Silhouette theme, I was drawn first to the spires creating the silhouette into the sky and then to the beautiful bank of cloud just above the buildings.

Mac is stunning, his colours are sharp and crisp as is his reflection, yet the circles as he moves are smoothed out. Big thumbs up from me.

Thanks, Heather for the catchup comments and glad you like the shots.

Lovely image of the Mandarin, they are so colourful and a pleasure to see, we have a few at our WWT in Washington, maybe yours might pop over for a visit one day.

Week 06 - Wild

Love the colours on this.

Stunning colours and detail of a beautiful bird, very well captured. Set off by the reflection in the water.

Lovely image of the Mandarin, they are so colourful and a pleasure to see, we have a few at our WWT in Washington, maybe yours might pop over for a visit one day.

Cheers, Paul. I'll pass on the message. :giggle: Any girls? None where he's hanging about, either in a small loch where I took the shot or the nearby garden pond but plenty of Mallards though.

Lovely shot - you definitely chose the right one. You have captured his lovely colours and also the beautiful texture in the water.

Love the Mandarin for his colours and a great reflection too Stan (y)

Super shot for wild, great colours and really sharp.

Really lovely shot of the Manderin, like the colours and reflection. Nice and sharp.

Like the colours you have captured here, interesting subject, pity it will not get restored.

Back