weekly rpn's 2020 52 Photo Challenge - Week 52 DECORATIONS Added ***COMPLETE***

Wild lovely colourful image great reflection and lighting.

Broken great colours nice composition too.

Nice light to highlight the rust. Definitely #1 for me - there is something particularly sad about the broken cables just hanging there. Well captured.

Nice light to highlight the rust. Definitely #1 for me - there is something particularly sad about the broken cables just hanging there. Well captured.

Thanks, Helen. It is, indeed, very sad to see the bridge in such a state. It was built back in 1837, privately funded by a minister to connect the river banks to enable his parishioners to attend his church.

WOW I love the first shot, second just captures the whole entity. I love the sun cast, the afternoon sun just picks out the rust. Sadly broken and now abandoned by the people it used to provide a facility for. :(

Interesting old (broken) bridge Stan.
It actually doesn't look that broken, until you see the side angle.

Lots of nice colours and textures.

Lovely light you've captured there. The funny thing is, if the bridge had been repaired, it probably wouldn't be so photogenic.

WOW I love the first shot, second just captures the whole entity. I love the sun cast, the afternoon sun just picks out the rust. Sadly broken and now abandoned by the people it used to provide a facility for. :(

Thanks, Heather. The setting sun makes a big difference to the image.

Interesting old (broken) bridge Stan.
It actually doesn't look that broken, until you see the side angle.

Lots of nice colours and textures.

Cheers, Chris.

Looks a fun obstacle course to tackle! Did you have any images in portrait where the top is visible, the crop in the first one makes me want to see the full structure.

Last edited:
Looks a fun obstacle course to tackle! Did you have any images in portrait where the top is visible, the crop in the first one makes me want to the full structure.

Thanks, Stuart. The only portrait shot I took is straight along the dead centre of the bridge/decking but still not full height with the supports.

Hi Stan

That is an interesting bridge, you caught it at the right time, the colours are really nice. I think the first shot is better, but would like to see the top of it. Shame about the tree in the side shot.

Pete

Hi Stan

That is an interesting bridge, you caught it at the right time, the colours are really nice. I think the first shot is better, but would like to see the top of it. Shame about the tree in the side shot.

Pete

Thank you, Pete. It was a last-minute decision to go out for the shot, was busy that afternoon and I was lucky with the weather too.

Both great images for broken, I slightly prefer the first myself. :)

Like the composition and the mono conversion, focus is spot on where it needs to be, really like this.

Nice shot and I’m sure it’s not questionable. Is that an unusual plectrum? It looks square. I like the B&W treatment and composition.

Nice shot and I’m sure it’s not questionable. Is that an unusual plectrum? It looks square. I like the B&W treatment and composition.

Thank you for dropping by. She's getting along nicely with her banjo. Yes, It's an unusual square shape plectrum.

Thanks, Roger. One of the lens I should've used more often; Nikon 85mm f1.4, sharp and fast focusing.

Must admit Stan shots like this with such a small DOF really make me want to invest in a full frame camera and fast telephoto.:)

Mrs rpn's ability to play the banjo is, well...... questionable! :giggle:
It sounds alright from here Stan (y)
:D

Nice mono conversion (y)

Reactions: rpn
:LOL:

Works really well in mono. Lovely composition and really sharp where its needed.

Looks good in b&w

Hi Stan,
Some lovely shots for your 52 for 2020.
I am liking the city skyline shot for your snappers choice. Lovely colours and light.
Wild is a very nice image. That is a good lens.
Broken is an interesting image. Such a shame that it hasn't been restored.
Cracking shot for Ability. A lovely mono image. Super sharp with loads of detail.

Back