weekly rpn's 2020 52 Photo Challenge - Week 52 DECORATIONS Added ***COMPLETE***

Hi Stan,

Brilliantly creative shot for Colourful. Nice touch to get the diagonals in the glasses all different with the different colours too. Excellent image :clap:

I’m still in lockdown here in Scotland although we can go out to exercise more than once a day but only locally. So I can’t get far for this week theme but luckily local to my area is one of the oldest parts of the city.

This bridge was the main crossing over the River Don leading to the north from Aberdeen and was built in the late 13th or early 14th century, however, the bridge we see today was the result of rebuilding work in the early 17th century.

Week 20 Old + Black & White Technique

Brig o' Balgownie by Stan, on Flickr

There are, obviously, some old houses/cottages on either side of the bridge, one was built in 1655 and another in 1715 which are still standing today. My original idea was to capture row of these cottages but with the lockdown, cars were parked outside and difficult to get more than three of these cottages.
This is one of the better one I managed to shoot.

Old Don Street by Stan, on Flickr

Liking the bridge shot Stan. Nice to see your new toy in use.
Hand held?
Anyway, I kind of like (as it's odd) the garden shed built between the bridge buttresses, it's strange hence interesting.
The reflections are great. Millpond almost (is that the 1/5th working, or was it really that still?)

Reactions: rpn
Liking the bridge shot Stan. Nice to see your new toy in use.
Hand held?
Anyway, I kind of like (as it's odd) the garden shed built between the bridge buttresses, it's strange hence interesting.
The reflections are great. Millpond almost (is that the 1/5th working, or was it really that still?)

Cheers, Tim. Well spotted.
lZGEpDZ.gif
:giggle: New toy and first time out with it. (y) Very quick from John Lewis delivered less than 24 hours from order.

Yes, the water was that still. No filter but on a tripod.

2 very nicely processed image Stan.
The cottages just win it for me though.

Not sure which ones I prefer Stan leaning towards the cottages maybe

I like them both - but No2 if I had to choose.

Two nice images Stan. I think #1 pips it for me for the reflections.

Two very nice shots for Old Stan. I'm going with the second one for me. The tree helps balance the image and leads my eye to the path and then on to the cottages. Very nice.

I like the reflections in number 1 but I think the leading lines in the cottages tips it for me. As Lee says, the tree anchors you in on the left as the lines lead you to the right. Lovely contrast too with the white window frames.

Two very nice shots for Old Stan. I'm going with the second one for me. The tree helps balance the image and leads my eye to the path and then on to the cottages. Very nice.

I like the reflections in number 1 but I think the leading lines in the cottages tips it for me. As Lee says, the tree anchors you in on the left as the lines lead you to the right. Lovely contrast too with the white window frames.

Many thanks. I think the vote is 50:50 so far.

Hi Stan,
I love the dramatic yet eerie feel in image 1, the reflection is beautifully captured. I like image 2 especially with the tree balancing out the image, but image 1 is my choice.

Second shot for me, lovely capture :)

I've not tried anything like this yet - keep thinking I should, but it looks like a lot of effort :D Very nice colours and I like the the diagonal composition.

Old 2 great images I like them both but you picked the right one for the main thread love the refection.

Liquid very clever take on the theme love the detail and colours something I want to try myself at some point.

I've not tried anything like this yet - keep thinking I should, but it looks like a lot of effort :D Very nice colours and I like the the diagonal composition.

Many thanks for the comments. Like you, I wanted to try this for a while too. For me, the hardest part was looking for a clear bottom and patternless glassware.

Old 2 great images I like them both but you picked the right one for the main thread love the refection.

Liquid very clever take on the theme love the detail and colours something I want to try myself at some point.

Thanks, Mark. I suppose this theme would be perfect to attempt it.

Very good Stan I know what you mean about finding a patternless glass dish we don’t have any I looked yesterday So that idea went out the window

Bubbly stuff is lovely stuff :D

Back