weekly rpn's 2020 52 Photo Challenge - Week 52 DECORATIONS Added ***COMPLETE***

Perfect dof and nice soft colours. Makes for a simple but lovely image.

Reactions: rpn
First one for me too Stan, though I do love the textures of the section through the second as well.

I'm going against the grain here ( :coat: ) Stan.
I prefer the patterns and textures in the second one (y)
To me the greenery draws the eye away from the textures in the bark.

The 2nd for me by a mile. The shrubbery just gets in the way on the first.

I'm going against the grain here ( :coat: ) Stan.
I prefer the patterns and textures in the second one (y)
To me the greenery draws the eye away from the textures in the bark.

The 2nd for me by a mile. The shrubbery just gets in the way on the first.

Good comments there and very good points. Maybe slightly further to the side so not so dominating.

Texture with green for me too. The textures in that bark are great.

Very tempted to make a Father Ted comment about your jogger though... :exit:

Interesting patterns in #2 but I like the contrast in textures on the bark and leaves in #1.

It's the 2nd image for me too, I like the way you can see the spalting in that log (that would turn beautifully on a lathe and make some lovely bits and bobs).

#2 for me, I think there is more to it than just the bark in #1

It's the 2nd image for me too, I like the way you can see the spalting in that log (that would turn beautifully on a lathe and make some lovely bits and bobs).

Thanks, Tim & Jim. A coffee table would be nice to show off all those texture and patterns.

Texture
I think it was the right choice to include the little green plant in the first shot. It adds another texture, a smoother texture against the more rough texture of the bark.

Great textures in both the bark and the plant - but the bark draws my eye more. :)

Texture
I think it was the right choice to include the little green plant in the first shot. It adds another texture, a smoother texture against the more rough texture of the bark.

Cheers, Dominic.

Great textures in both the bark and the plant - but the bark draws my eye more. :)

Thanks, Graham and that's what caught my attention.

Hi Stan

A nice bunch of textures in your Image. The green leaves add a nice pop to the image.

Pete

I was heading out to the coast hoping to shoot, photographically, some fishermen enjoying their leisure activities but came across a game of cricket being play while driving along the park. Stopped by the car park and got some action, not my genre, shots of them.

Week 37 Activity

Activity by Stan, on Flickr

Nicely timed shot with plenty of action. It could do with a bit of a crop for me, but nothing wrong at all for an out of comfort zone shot!

Nicely timed shot with plenty of action. It could do with a bit of a crop for me, but nothing wrong at all for an out of comfort zone shot!

Thanks, Pete. It is quite heavily cropped already. That's one of the challenges of this project is to get out of the comfort zone.

Nice action shot Stan
Well captured (y)

Yep - nice shot - both of you :)

Back