weekly Samuelslade007 TP Photo52 2017 - Week 52 Weather (COMPLETE) ..i think?

Thought provoking as ever...I'm a bit disappointed those outfits don't have the signature gritty styling too ;) A night away from the sewing machine? And the face on the left is driving me mad...so familiar but...??!!

thanks emma but my skills on miniature outfit aren't that good yet ..lol..as for the face on the left....[good luck] ..;)o_O

Week 11 - Dark

32986128273_e130e9e8b3_c.jpg

Nice work Frank ...

Dark ~ Blimey what a sky ... that monument is beautifully lit. :clap:

Power ~ Orwellian. :clap:

Above ~ If that's what I think it is, it's the most beautiful interpretation. :clap:

Good catch up, love power, really good take on the theme

Nice work Frank ...

Dark ~ Blimey what a sky ... that monument is beautifully lit. :clap:

Power ~ Orwellian. :clap:

Above ~ If that's what I think it is, it's the most beautiful interpretation. :clap:

Great shots, love that horse!

thanks guys,

i guess i should have added context

DARK - the Commando Memorial near Spean Bridge, Scotland. Facing out towards the Nevis range

POWER - TESLA ONLY stations at Welcome Break J13, M74. Only time i've seen them.

ABOVE - is one of the two Kelpies sculptures at Falkirk. Got there after the maddening crowds had gone

three good submissions love the sky in the first one, the electric light with the inclusion of the Tesla signs works, spot on for power,
the distorted horses head is fascinating and in some way disturbing, a different take on them i've not seen before

Great catch up! Great light in the war memorial shot, and I love the PoV and the light in the horse photo!

Dark - great sky, has a very foreboding feel to it.

Power - love the pool of light.

Above - Great angle and I like the processing and the lens flare in the sky. Not sure about the glow around the horse against the sky though.

Dark - great sky, has a very foreboding feel to it.

Power - love the pool of light.

Above - Great angle and I like the processing and the lens flare in the sky. Not sure about the glow around the horse against the sky though.
Thanks Steve....I saw the glow and settled with it being part of the HDR processing.. I could try and get rid of it though idk how

Thanks Steve....I saw the glow and settled with it being part of the HDR processing.. I could try and get rid of it though idk how

It does have a bit of a surreal feel and with the flares/lines from the sun it does sort of fit in with the processing but if you did want to try getting rid of it @posiview linked to this video (link) on Dark Knights' thread (here). From 2.35, he is talking about halos on landscape shots but it might work here as well.

Nice catch up !!!

Dark - Just your type of theme, and a nice result too, nice silhouettes against a real dark moody sky, cool (y)

Power - Blimey they get a few well off people park there, unless cars other that Tesla's can park there :thinking: shame about the lamp post as it distracts a tad from the nice amber line of lit signs :)

Above - Ahhhhh Nessie, you found her !!!

It does have a bit of a surreal feel and with the flares/lines from the sun it does sort of fit in with the processing but if you did want to try getting rid of it @posiview linked to this video (link) on Dark Knights' thread (here). From 2.35, he is talking about halos on landscape shots but it might work here as well.
I'll check it out as I fancy at least reducing the halo

Nice catch up !!!

Dark - Just your type of theme, and a nice result too, nice silhouettes against a real dark moody sky, cool (y)

Power - Blimey they get a few well off people park there, unless cars other that Tesla's can park there :thinking: shame about the lamp post as it distracts a tad from the nice amber line of lit signs :)

Above - Ahhhhh Nessie, you found her !!!
YOU PHILISTINE!!! u know full well it's not nessie....lol..

Hahaaa a scary Alien, a good twist, not so sure it needs the 'shake' though, and you may put Mrs DK off of her Easter Egg now !!!

Well okay stretching the truth there... nothing will put her off an Easter Egg :D

Still a 'cracking' idea :)

Great idea that alien egg! Very original, but I'm with Dean about the shake...

Alien egg, like it Frank but think it would of been better without the shake :)

thanks guys.. but the image looked too good without the shake.. and mono didnt work..so i went shake cam

Oh, I see now. Couldnt work it out on the phone screen, clever idea, but bordering to subtle maybe ?

Another different take. (y) I hear laughter, something like the Cadbury's Smash ad.

Not keen the shake ... but still nice work.

Back