weekly Severn Bore's 52 in 2014

I actually liked swirl - a nice idea and the colours and the wetness of the paint worked well for me.

And it now looks like I commented on these before you posted them :D

Think the gears work best for linked - suitable processing too with the grain / noise working in the B&W conversion.

Although I like the red shackle thing. Nice use of DOF to isolate it from the brick wall behind

Last edited:
Liking the differential type gears, makes me want to see the whole thing, working. Good focus and dof , not too little, not too much and the pp works very well (y) I'm curious to know what it is :D

Thanks for the comments. For Phil-D, the gears are for a light crane that used to operate in Gloucester Docks during the "good old days" when it was a working dock.
Andrew

Linked - #1 for me. I feel there's more interest in the image and the mono conversion has been done nicely.

Reshoot - By contrast I feel there's not much interest in this shot. It feels very two dimensional as well.

Linked -- I prefer the second shot, I like the red and everything is very detailed.

Reshoot -- It's an interesting shot but I think there is too much grey brick in picture. I know it wouldn't make a standard print but perhaps a crop to show just the chmney pots and a bit of the red brick detail underneath would be an improvement?

Swirls had a real Francis Bacon feel to it, especially with the colours. With this in mind I like it :)

Linked #3 for me. Nice textures in the links, although I'd like to see it a bit closer.

Reshoot, hmmm, not keen on the vignetting but I still like the two lopsided pots.

Cheers.

Swirl - I like it. The colours are very vibrant and it's an interesting composition.

Linked - definitely #1 for me too. It's well seen and converted to b/w.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/mzQkhP][/URL]
13488579335_8f70381614_b.jpg

Last edited:
Very fancy wellies Andrew - are they yours? :D

(PS glad I'm not the only one struggling with flickr links :eek: )

Hi XenosElaine
Now managed to embed the photo from Flickr!! The wellies are definitely not mine!
Andrew

I like the first link shot, can't beat a bit of engineering :) You've made it even better in black and white.

Nice use of the depth of field in your step photo.

The selective mono version works best for me. The original just seems to have a bit too much going on colour-wise but the b&w background brings out the fun-ness (is there such a word?) of the wellies :)

Hi
Have added a bit of motion blur, which I hope makes the image a bit less static.

Quite like the blur Andrew, although I can't help thinking that if you'd posted it like that in the first place some people would have told you that it was oof :giggle:

I'm going to quickly jump and a say what a cracking image this is. The lighting is sublime and the sharpness jumps out with all the hairs. Superb shot.

Excellent Andrew, detail, lighting, colour, bg :clap:(y)

yep - super shot, the detail in the little hairs really make it stand out,

That's a cracking Nature there. It's almost glowing, mainly due it the bristles....things.

Good detail, uber black BG and nice green.

I really had to hunt for any crit and the only thing I could find was the top of the RH leaf, looks a tad hot. But I'm being über critical.

Cheers.

Back