weekly Sharon's 52 Week Challenge - Week 8 Ending

can;t really add to what others have already said to be honest. don't know if we can see the exif but wonder if you are too close for your lens?

Many thanks Chris for your advice yes I was probably to close.

can;t really add to what others have already said to be honest. don't know if we can see the exif but wonder if you are too close for your lens?

I agree Chris I was too close but at least in this weeks it has to be close;). Thank you for your comments Sharon.

Getting round to some Bike Themed Images how much closer could Big Ed from the British Superbikes have got to these lovely ladies. :)

View attachment 4112

Last edited:
Hi Sharon, first time visiting your thread, you are off to a great start.
Line, I like the abstract nature of the image, some nice vibrant colour in there too.
Play, a literal take on the theme which works but I can only echo whats been said about it appearing a little oof.
Close, again bang on theme, maybe just a step to your right for more interaction with the subjects (y)

Spot in theme. As Blakester said a step right would have been spot on and you would have caught a bit more of the fella on the right having a sneaky peak...although I have to say I don't blame him! ;)

Good, fun image Sharon (y) I did notice the young ladies were going to struggle to get any closer together :whistle: :naughty:

What a job hes got no wonder hes smiling :naughty:

Nice idea on theme
And catching up on previous pics
Play ~ every one has covered
Line ~ I did like your take on the theme simple but very eye catching :clap:

Hi Ya

I fully expected to see a bike for this theme :rolleyes: had no idea what it was until I read your reply , a little to close I agree but another abstract that works....do I sense a theme starting for your project ?

Well, I'm rather liking this, the three of them couldn't be any closer...

Technically fine, humorous, and the sunlight is working well for the shot.

Great take on the theme got to love a good old shot with big ed ( it took me three meets before I could get my pic with him ) love it.

Hi Mandy thank you for your comments I do try to just smile and keep moving around BIG ED you just never know what:naughty: his next move will be

Hi Sharon, first time visiting your thread, you are off to a great start.
Line, I like the abstract nature of the image, some nice vibrant colour in there too.
Play, a literal take on the theme which works but I can only echo whats been said about it appearing a little oof.
Close, again bang on theme, maybe just a step to your right for more interaction with the subjects (y)

Many thanks for your great comments Iain and its great encouragement for a first timer here yes would have loved to step more to the right but space was at a premium as you can well imagine:D

Spot in theme. As Blakester said a step right would have been spot on and you would have caught a bit more of the fella on the right having a sneaky peak...although I have to say I don't blame him! ;)

:):)Hope his wife didn't catch him, many thanks for your comments Chris.

Good, fun image Sharon (y) I did notice the young ladies were going to struggle to get any closer together :whistle: :naughty:

Many thanks Phil they didn't have much choice once Ed had them in his grips all in good fun.

Very good. Couldn't get much closer :D

Thank you Gav for your comments good job they take it all in their stride.

Certainly couldn't have got much closer could they :D

:naughty::naughty::naughty: Not really Sarah thank you for looking and for commenting

What a job hes got no wonder hes smiling :naughty:

Nice idea on theme
And catching up on previous pics
Play ~ every one has covered
Line ~ I did like your take on the theme simple but very eye catching :clap:

Thank you Simon for commenting on my posts.

Close, well spotted and composed.

Looks a little soft.

Cheers.

Many thanks Andy couldn't really miss this one as I was wandering round with them ;) ps I know them I wasn't stalking them lol

:) a great fun shot and spot on for the theme.

Many thanks for looking and commenting Susie

Well seen - a good, fun shot.

Thank you for looking and commenting.

Hi Sharon
Play..... fits the theme simple I think the same as others about the white bit and the focus nice idea :)
Close...... definitely fits the theme, very close (y)

Many thanks for looking at my post Judi and for your comments.

Hi Ya

I fully expected to see a bike for this theme :rolleyes: had no idea what it was until I read your reply , a little to close I agree but another abstract that works....do I sense a theme starting for your project ?

Hiya Lynne getting more in my comfort zone now, initially I chose a bike one then found this one so will save bikes for another week:naughty:
perhaps I should have tried to centre the whole 52 weeks round the bike/car theme worth thinking about:thinking:

Close - Yes they are but I'm afraid this one feels like too much of a snap shot for me - Sorry.

Many thanks for your comments Peter.

Well, I'm rather liking this, the three of them couldn't be any closer...

Technically fine, humorous, and the sunlight is working well for the shot.

Thank you Graham guess BIG ED had the biggest smile on his face of the three of them :naughty:

HI Sharon....wondered how long it would be before we got a shot with a bike connection.... certainly couldn't have got much closer ;)

Thank you Lynne will keep trying to slip a bike one in somewhere during the coming weeks.

Big Ed is a very lucky man would love his job

nice image

Thank you Craig think there may be quite a long queue.

Close and colourful - does it for me.

Many thanks Kev

Nicely shot, you even caught the guy checking out the ladies :)

You couldn't get much closer.

Hope his wife wasn't looking Mark, many thanks for your comments

Nice capture and fits the theme.

Thank you for looking and commenting Michael.

They look happy...
He's probably happier.
Not really for me, but it certainly fits the theme!

Big Ed is a very lucky man Simon and gets away with murder but he doesn't always get the upper hand.

Well spotted :)

Thank you for looking Anita was in the right place.

Well a difficult one this week spent Saturday evening blowing through a straw into a bowl full of Shower wash not happy with results, then went out to buy maltesers, aero, bubble gum, prosecco and bottles of bubbles. Spent part of afternoon in Garden with my better half blowing bubbles for me. :arghh:

View attachment 4802

Sharon, that's a cracker(y) well done :clap: focus looks spot on,dof, reflection, great and taken outside too! :)

Psssssssst your link isn't working though from the 'No comments' thread :)

Sharon, that's a cracker(y) well done :clap: focus looks spot on,dof, reflection, great and taken outside too! :)

Psssssssst your link isn't working though from the 'No comments' thread :)

Just had a senior moment, think I have fixed it now:( Many thanks for your comments Phil just timed it right it rained about 5 mins later just off to eat the aero and maltesers:)

Yep - all those things that Phil said.... loving the seemingly random nature the shallow DOF has given you on the leaves and branches. Makes the focus on the bubble even more apparent and impressive.

Good sharp bubbles which have an interesting shape plus a nice DOF add up to a very good shot.

Hi lovely sharp bubbles but I would like to have seen them dominate the pic a little more there is very little of the plant/tree of interest

Back