weekly sr1867 ~ 52 ~ 2015

Seems the bottle is empty, how did that happen? :D
Nicely composed and taken Simon :)

Mouth works well. Spot on DOF around the top (y)
Good shot for mouth Simon - really good DOF - works well for the theme :)
Fab socks image for bold :)Tothers are good too and on theme. Just the bold one really jumps out at ya. The almost walking stance is what sets it off imo.Gaz

Thanks all for your kind comments on what i thought was a tough week I have got lucky

Hi Simon ....I'm catching up, were there this many people on here last year
:eek:
:D I love Bold ....what a great idea for the theme, brilliantly colourful.
Simple idea for Relax but it works well ...lovely and sharp on the dice.
Spot on for Vertical ....that tower looks extremely tall.
Mouth....good choice for a difficult theme ... focusing and DOF are excellent.

Defiantly seems more busy than last year. And so far i think the subjects have been really tough.

ach you stole my idea :eek:. and did a good job of it too :clap:
stole my idea too ... after all the other ideas came to nothing. Good focus Simon. Well done on eliminating reflections.

Sorry :whistle: but thank you

Seems the bottle is empty, how did that happen? :D Nicely composed and taken Simon :)

I have found this to be a problem with most bottles I buy. I think its natural evaporation :beer:

Hiya,mouth - nice choice of subject and I like the way you've taken the shot
Mouth - have to echo everyone else's comments.

Many thanks Lorraine/Mandy its really nice to get a week with such positive feedback (y)

Another busy work week so as not to fall behind and again trying to be different here's 2 for your delight.

Standing out in a CROWD

Week 11 ~ Crowd
by sr_1867, on Flickr

Picture #2 didn't quite work as I wanted but thought I would share.
I also thought about 3 pairs of feet. I asked the wife if her friend would like to join us in bed for a photo shoot. Be careful how you word your photo requests to your spouse. :facepalm:
I left the deliberate mistake in as i couldn't be bothered to photoshop.

2's company 3's a Crowd

Week 11 ~ Crowd Alt
by sr_1867, on Flickr

Last edited:
Pic 1. I like it, why did you think it didn't work? Perhaps the flash is a bit stark? I do like the picture though.

Pic 2: Been there, done that, never taken a picture of it though. I like that one too.

Pic 1. I like it, why did you think it didn't work? Perhaps the flash is a bit stark? I do like the picture though.
Pic 2: Been there, done that, never taken a picture of it though. I like that one too.

Sorry Martin I meant pic 2 didnt really work how i wanted it too bit tight in the frame and the bitch in the middle was not taking direction very well ;)

Those 2 made me smile. Has to be the 1st one for me though, the dog really does stand out well.
Thanks Michael (y)

Both these made me smile Simon, and for different reasons.

First one....well that is one resigned looking Spanner.
Second...yes, been there, done that :LOL:
Damn I miss my dog.

LOL #2 made me smile the most not least at your request to the other half, I can only guess at her response :D

Hi Simon

Vertical.......like it , strong subject matter, nicely positioned in the frame (y) Just needs a little tone down on the sky....

Mouth....agaon, really like this, simple but effective , super focus with dof just right :clap:

Crowd.....#1 - the look on the dog's face is priceless......can almost see the speech bubble with the words " you cannot be serious !":LOL:

i actually prefer the 2nd one though, even with the uncloned other dog....fun take on the theme...& I had to laugh at you asking your missus if her friend would help out...classic :LOL:

Hi sr1867, Some catchup comments from me, sorry for the delays, and hope you don't mind the feedback.

Patterns - Nice photo, nice and bright, fits the theme, The difficulty I had here is, I could see some comments from others about taking from a different angle,and i find myself agreeing with them now although I may not have to begin with. Zoomed in I think it's a tiny out of focus, but i'm not on the best of screens at the moment. Overall good though.

Bliss - lol I like this one, i like the contrasting background and I think the lighting works well here. Well composed and great for the theme.

Fragile - Another good theme fitting one, good detail, good composition but I would have preferred to see a fully black background, but thats just me being picky, and I prefer shot 1, although shot 3 was comical lol.

Scenic - I like this one, makes me feel cold just looking at it, i know it's a dull ish sky (which is probably how you meant it/how it was) but i do think it really compliments it and works well.

Companions - Busy man on these ones, a few to choose from, 1 is nice, no major comments really, I really like number 2 though, it works well and definately companions. I like 3 as well, and I think this would have been my favourite shot if it was perhaps a little brighter to bring out some more of the detail, but its a lovely shot. Not a fan of the edit though sorry.

Elegant - You are shaming me by producing a variety of them on each one lol. Well fitting to the theme, but a litle confusing with me with the 2 different types of drinks/glass etc if that makes sense. Still get the idea of elegant but I think without the guinness can would have worked. I prefer the statues though.

Watery - There is some cracking detail on this, I really like it! Def suits the theme and I think you have a really good photo here. Only crit is the RHS as other have said but I dont think it deters too much from the well composed photo.

Bold - Wow, very bold! Good one, were you modelling for them too? That's commitment.. I jest.. But good photo, and very suited to the theme.

Relax - Suits the theme, but can't say it massively inspires me sorry, but I think the fact you got a photo that suits the subject and also had a go at PS when you state it's not your best skill still makes it a success.

Vetical - Nothing to say on this one sorry.

Mouth - A perfect example of a relatively uninteresting subject made interesting by good composition and bang on DOF as others have said. I like it.

Crowd - lol, i wasn't 100% sure at first if that was a real dog or not, good one, funny photo and serves the purpose too. I like #2 as well, i was going to do this idea with myself, wife and toddler for one of the other subjects, but my little boy would not keep still so no chance. Good one!

LOL #2 made me smile the most not least at your request to the other half, I can only guess at her response :D
Hi Simon, I really like both of these, but it's #2 that's my favourite - nice idea and nicely shot :)
Hi Simon
Vertical.......like it , strong subject matter, nicely positioned in the frame (y) Just needs a little tone down on the sky....
....agaon, really like this, simple but effective , super focus with dof just right :clap:
Crowd.....#1 - the look on the dog's face is priceless......can almost see the speech bubble with the words " you cannot be serious !":LOL:
i actually prefer the 2nd one though, even with the uncloned other dog....fun take on the theme...& I had to laugh at you asking your missus if her friend would help out...classic :LOL:
Crowd ... 2 good fun takes on the theme.

Thanks all glad I made people smile this week. Typically #2 seems to be the pick of the 2 which I so nearly didn't post?

Hi sr1867, Some catchup comments from me, sorry for the delays, and hope you don't mind the feedback.

Thanks for that its very much appreciated and nothing i can really argue with you got it all pretty bang on.
I do have a habit of photographing the theme more than the picture if that makes sense
And i got so far behind last year I nearly packed in so many times but i did stubbornly finish i was determined not to let that happen again so one or two weeks this year have been rushed.

Hi Simon :)

Bold -BLIMEY !!!!! they sure are, especially with them shoes... they look quite good on you too ;)

Relax - Nice unusual idea, liking the detail in the bottom surface but feel the glittery background distracts a little... good result with the dice roll though (y)

Vertical - Oooo I like the slopey hill with the tower, the sky really helps this image for me, that's one hell of a feature on the skyline !!!!

Mouth - Nice DoF that is spot on sharp, I like how the whole bottle is in view too :)

Crowd - LOL them dogs have a great expressions, both great fun ideas for the theme !!!

Mouth - I’m a sucker for extremely shallow DoF and this is a superb reason why. I really like this one. Simplicity is the key with your shot. No distracting background and just the focus on the mouth of the bottle. I could see this printed up on a wall somewhere.

Crowd - #2 brought a smile to my face. Given the chance that exactly where our two would be LOL

Hi Simon

Like your idea for mouth - well executed too, perfect DOF in my opinion
I too smiled at the anticipation of your wifes repsonse to crowd! I really like the 2nd edit which also made me smile, nice one!
:)

Hi Simon ....Your spaniels eyes in #1 are so appealing, spaniels do have 'that look' don't they ? Crowd #2 an excellent original idea :)
Thanks Susie. He gets away with murder with those eyes they both do.

Many thanks DK

Mouth - I’m a sucker for extremely shallow DoF and this is a superb reason why. I really like this one. Simplicity is the key with your shot. No distracting background and just the focus on the mouth of the bottle. I could see this printed up on a wall somewhere.

Crowd - #2 brought a smile to my face. Given the chance that exactly where our two would be LOL
Thanks Peter Kind comments I was really pleased with the bottle shot . apart from its empty

Hi Simon Like your idea for mouth - well executed too, perfect DOF in my opinion
I too smiled at the anticipation of your wifes repsonse to crowd! I really like the 2nd edit which also made me smile, nice one!:)

Thanks hazel

Right Catch up time Pictures tonight. Comments tomorrow probably :naughty:

Week 12 is a His & Her's Close Up

Week 12 ~ Close Up by sr_1867, on Flickr

Week 12 ~ Close Up (her's) by sr_1867, on Flickr

Week 13 Machines are the bane of my life so for your delight I include 2 camera phone pics from my working day as well as the washing machine which I'm allegedly allergic too.

Week 13 ~ Machine 2
by sr_1867, on Flickr Week 13 ~ Machine 3 by sr_1867, on Flickr

Week 13 ~ Machine by sr_1867, on Flickr

Week 13 Re-shoot Vertical but a bit more Close Up. :coat:

Week 13 ~ Reshoot ~ Vertical (Close Up) by sr_1867, on Flickr

And finally re shoot Scenic. I thought I would share my scenic picture and show you it's not quite as scenic as it looks.

Week 03 ~ Scenic by sr_1867, on Flickr Week 13 ~ Reshoot ~ Scenic by sr_1867, on Flickr

This needs some adjusting here and there but wanted to get it up and out of the way.
All the A - Z pictures have all been taken today :eek: Its taken me about 4 1/2 hours :(
Now i must tidy the house before the gaffer get home :bat:

Alphabet by sr_1867, on Flickr

Last edited:
Now that's a bit special :clap: really cracking dedication. I did initially wonder whether you had taken them or 'borrowed' them from interweb :oops: :$.

That's going to be a very hard one to beat (y)

Cheers.

Now that's a bit special :clap: really cracking dedication. I did initially wonder whether you had taken them or 'borrowed' them from interweb :oops: :$.

That's going to be a very hard one to beat (y)

Cheers.

Thanks Andy.
All my own work. When I saw the theme this morning that was my first idea and i always struggle to get away from the first idea. So i thought may as well just get on with it.

First visit. Good stuff throughout. Like the Scenic and not as scenic pair. BOLD and MOUTH are stand out shots for me. And a great interpretation of ALPHABET!!

Hi Simon

Machine #3 for me, like Andy I love abstracts (y)

Alphabet - Blimey, that's dedication for you and make's my effort look waytoo easy. Great interpretation :clap::clap::clap:

Alphabet ... great idea and very well executed. Did you shoot them in alphabetical order as well? (Hope you out everything back where you found it ...!! ...:clap:)

Hi Simon,

Nice catch up!

Close - it's the 'hers' shot for me I think,
Machine - I really like the third shot. When I saw it on the main thread I didn't have a clue what it was - very clever!
scenic - wow, what a difference a bit of snow makes - you'd never think it was the same scene!
Alphabet -a very idea for a tricky theme, and a lot of hard work as well :clap: :clap:

wow really good - would have taken me an hour to do each one not counting the pp lol

... very well done Simon. The best Alphabet I've seen so far. :clap:

Love that one Simon, really excellent ...a great idea and a lots of work too ....yes it will be very hard to beat :clap::clap:
First visit. Good stuff throughout. Like the Scenic and not as scenic pair. BOLD and MOUTH are stand out shots for me. And a great interpretation of ALPHABET!!
Hi Simon Machine #3 for me, like Andy I love abstracts (y) Alphabet - Blimey, that's dedication for you and make's my effort look waytoo easy. Great interpretation :clap::clap::clap:
Wow Simon! I can't believe that you
a) Shot alphabet so quickly and b) Shot 26 different images for it
Absolutely brilliant idea and very, very well executed.Nothing else to say - well done!
Hi Simon, Nice catch up!
Close - it's the 'hers' shot for me I think,
Machine - I really like the third shot. When I saw it on the main thread I didn't have a clue what it was - very clever!
scenic - wow, what a difference a bit of snow makes - you'd never think it was the same scene!
Alphabet -a very idea for a tricky theme, and a lot of hard work as well :clap: :clap:
wow really good - would have taken me an hour to do each one not counting the pp lol
... very well done Simon. The best Alphabet I've seen so far. :clap:

Thanks all its really nice when an idea works and you receive such nice comments.

Alphabet ... great idea and very well executed. Did you shoot them in alphabetical order as well? :clap:)

Sadly Sara I did not do them in alphabetical order I feel I have let myself down I will go back and start again. :D

Wow, that's dedication for you! 26 cracking shots and really well put together :clap:

Vertical, (re shoot) very nice Simon,
and a very interesting and original take on Alphabet (y)

Alphabet: great interpretation of theme and well done for putting them all together

Outstanding Alpabet!! My favourite.

And Sound?....awwwww :)

Back