Monthly Steve ETC 2013 Feb pic's added

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I thought i better start my thread and get some pic's sorted...so heres a couple ive done .... still waiting for a clear night for some star shots but time is rapidly running out.

well this is my 6 at last enjoy any comments good or bad are welcome.

8408412453_ba8974864a_c.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Lights by dodgyshot, on Flickr

_MG_1322 by dodgyshot, on Flickr

_MG_1319 by dodgyshot, on Flickr

_MG_1318 by dodgyshot, on Flickr

_MG_1332 by dodgyshot, on Flickr

Last edited:
Your picture's not showing Steve :(

Hi Steve.

Number one doesn't do a lot for me I'm afraid, because I think it lacks any particular subject or other interest.

Number two is great though. I like how the road snakes away, the nice even light trails, and the tree on the left. I also like the "deserted road" feel it has!

I'm not a fan of number 1, I'm not really sure where to look. Number 2 is great, the winding road and the nothingness between the lanes is great. My only pick is the bit of white light on the far right of the picture. Overall it really works.

Mark , Jason i do have to agree on the first pic i wasn't to sure about it myself i think it was more of a panic entry...also i see what you mean about the white light on the right of the second pic aswell .... thanks for all your comments so far, if peeps don't point these things out you never will learn :)

Kind Regards

Steve

whats the rules on retouching a image once its been shown... can it be removed retouched and put back on again..... or once its on its on?

Steve

Thanks Stan,

This is what I done.
Used a 100mm macro.
Flash on the left hand side shooting through a umbrella.
Black card back ground and white card on the left to bounce abit of light back

I think my setting on the camera were F16 , iso 100 , shutter 250

Basically got a clear bowel of water and washing up liquid, got a straw and blow in the mixture which made the bubbles.

I did find that the camera found it hard to focus so had to go manual.

But I did really have to heavily crop the picture to show this shot and the only processing I did was in LR4 to tweak the contrast and exposure and colour saturation.

I be doing some more tonight to see if I can get a better result

Brilliant start to Feb! Those patterns and colours are quality. It's playing with my eyes a bit, I can't tell which way up it's supposed to be, I keep twisting my head to look at it!

thanks for your comments .

Jason,do you think i should of changed the angle when i done the edit ??.
as i do find other peep crit intresting to see something i missed.

incase you guy/gals dont know i'm know as dodgyshot on flickr ...:)

Regards

Steve

thanks for your comments .

Jason,do you think i should of changed the angle when i done the edit ??.
as i do find other peep crit intresting to see something i missed.

incase you guy/gals dont know i'm know as dodgyshot on flickr ...:)

Regards

Steve

I think it's good how it is. I'd be interested in seeing more if you give it another go (y)

Thumbs up for your January set, and a round of applause for the start of Feb's. That's a brilliant picture, makes me want to run out and buy a macro lens immediately but unfortunately there isn't room on the credit card!!!

Wow, bubbles is great; can't fault it, and it's something a little different!

I think it's good how it is. I'd be interested in seeing more if you give it another go (y)

yeah i tried it without the umbrela but could'nt get the same affect , i will give it another go at the weekend

Some great images here, love the light trails and the bubble shot.

Water drops 1 looks like a whole bunch of pokemon balls! Interesting take on the theme. Prefer this to water drops 2.

The tree shot is good, I feel it's a bit tight and would possibly benefit from being a tad wider to get more of the tree in.

2 to go, good show (y)

Thanks Jason...

Here are last two for Feb role on March :)

Love those Steve. Your water drop shots work very very well, especially the first one, and I love the detail in the additional bubble ones. I can even see your umbrella clearly in the second one!

Must get myself a macro lens :)

Back